How to Use the Japan Directory
The Japan Directory aims at providing you with online resources related to all aspects of Japan. In order to find specific information we recommend you the following:
- Carefully and thoroughly browse the directory.
- Read the instructions and explanations below on how to use our link directory.
- Use our Advanced Search option, providing you with related links from our database. For more information on the correct search syntax, please click here.
- Post inquiries, comments or suggestions to the Japan Forum.
How to Add Links to the Japan Directory
If you would like to add links to the Japan Directory, click the "Add URL" link located in the top menu of each directory page. After you have agreed to our Rules of Submission (which we advise you to read very carefully) proceed to the form and fill it out completely. If you wish to modify a resource you have previously submitted, click the "Modify URL" button.
It cannot be stressed enough that we do only approve links related to Japan. Submitting unrelated websites is just a waste of your and our time, so we kindly ask you to refrain from adding such resources.
Organization of the Japan Directory
Explanations of Links in our Directory
Hyperlinks: links open in the same browser window, unless you click the following icon next to the resource title:
- Rate Site [ Rate It ]
This options allows you to rate resources found in our database on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the highest score.
- Review Site [ Review It ]
This option allows you to submit reviews of particular links located in our directory. You can also just read the reviews and comment on reviews submitted by other users either by email or by posting a reply to their reviews. The small number in brackets shows how often a resource has been reviewed.
Sort Order within Categories
- Sponsored Links
- New Links: resources that have been added to the database within the last 7 days.
- Most Popular Sites: cool links by their number of total hits. They are marked with the following icon:
- All other links
The Japan Directory features a five star rating system based on ratings given by our users. Here is a brief explanation of the rating scale:
- = Rating of up to 10.00
- = Lowest rating (rating of 1)
- No star means that the a link has not been rated yet.
The miniflags displayed next to each URL denote the language of a resource:
English Japanese French Spanish Portuguese German Italian
Dutch Russian Hangul (Korean) Chinese Multilingual Sites
Categories and links in our Directory that have been updated are marked as follows: new (added within the last 7 days)
Updated resources are marked like this: updated
Our directory is updated several times per week, our hyperlinks are frequently verified. These updates include revisions to hits per link, ratings and new sites that have been added to our database.
Note to Webmasters
We are offering web tools to webmasters, such as:
- Banners and logos to link back to Japan Reference
- the Japan Banner Exchange
- Personalized Search Forms allowing you to search our database from your web site
- External Rating Forms allowing visitors to your site to rate your page in our Directory
- Meta Tag Generator
- Topsites Japan, a ranking page for Japan related online resources.