Note that this thread was started 983 days ago and might not be up-to-date anymore. Please consider creating a new thread before posting.
3 Likes
  • 1 Post By Chidoriashi
  • 2 Post By surhaci466

Thread: Do you smell the homeless people in your country?

後輩 Male
    Join Date Nov 19, 2011
    Location aa
    Posts 3
    Japan-Chiba

Do you smell the homeless people in your country?

国際交流パーティー
    Tokyo International Party

The homeless person extremely sometimes gets on a train in Japan if it becomes cold.
    They are very stinking.
    It is the smell such as the anus of the animal.
    All people there escape on other vehicles.
    Be Careful to the homeless!
    Did you experience a similar thing? How did you feel?..
    And, is a homeless person of your country more terrible?
    SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN Male
    Join Date May 21, 2003
    Location Portland-USA
    Posts 9,252
    USA - Maine

Lucky Us in Maine !!

We have a law here in Maine that all homeless people and people with body odor must wear pine tree air freshener to save our noses from pollution.

Uncle Frank
    TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Jul 6, 2011
    Location Somerset
    Posts 164
    United Kingdom
    Homeless people have virtually no rights and are subjected to abuse from gangs, they are always sick, always cold and always hungry or at least thats how things work here. You should show a little respect they're people too, smelling like the anus of a dead animal more than likely isnt their choice, they just cant you know, have a shower every morning.

If its meant to be some troll or joke then apologies but you shouldnt discriminate against them for something that isnt their fault.
    In imagination land Male
    Join Date Feb 2, 2007
    Location Denver
    Posts 768
    USA - Colorado
    The OP's post is somewhat offensive (probably a language issue). However it reminds me of a time when I was on a train in Japan, and a homeless man seriously stunk up the whole train. But what sticks out in my mind the most is there was a high school girl who could not see the man from where she sat, and clearly by the look on her face thought it was me (cuz gaijin smell right??..) I got a good chuckle though when she left to exit and in trying to get away from me, went to the spot right where the homeless guy was at, and got herself a lesson in stereotyping people.
    undrentide likes this.
    Just me Male
    Join Date Aug 20, 2003
    Location Hokkaido, Japan (American)
    Posts 3,373
    Japan-Hokkaido
    Yes, many/most homeless people have strong body odor. What's your point?

I wonder how many can actually afford to ride buses and trains, though?
    後輩 Male
    Join Date Nov 19, 2011
    Location aa
    Posts 3
    Japan-Chiba
    My English so poor...
    Thank you for your response.
    Male
    Join Date Jan 23, 2007
    Location Okinawa
    Posts 2,113
    Japan
    If its meant to be some troll or joke then apologies but you shouldnt discriminate against them for something that isnt their fault.
    I would say that there would be no reason to apologize if it was a troll or a joke.
    先輩 Male
    Join Date May 15, 2011
    Location Washington
    Posts 32
    United States
    There are homeless people in America ~ we now have countless thousand unemployeds across the country became homeless due to current prolong severe recession here and they have to live in their cars.Depending where they reside ~ homeless people can qualify for cash grants & food stamps plus monthly allowance of transportation ( bus and train ) passes from the local County Welfare Department.

Uncamped homeless people smell like urine ~ some don't care to take shower and keep clean.I know this ~ I have volunteered at a local respite center for homeless and working poor.I have also met some homeless at that place who are basically LAZY ~ they just don't want to work for a living.

Homeless people's popular daytime hangouts are local libraries and parks.
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Jul 6, 2011
    Location Somerset
    Posts 164
    United Kingdom
    There are homeless people in America ~ we now have countless thousand unemployeds across the country became homeless due to current prolong severe recession here and they have to live in their cars.Depending where they reside ~ homeless people can qualify for cash grants & food stamps plus monthly allowance of transportation ( bus and train ) passes from the local County Welfare Department.

Uncamped homeless people smell like urine ~ some don't care to take shower and keep clean.I know this ~ I have volunteered at a local respite center for homeless and working poor.I have also met some homeless at that place who are basically LAZY ~ they just don't want to work for a living.

Homeless people's popular daytime hangouts are local libraries and parks.
    It seems like the inability to move, failure to collect food, not washing for days is all just a lazy attittude but its more likely their depressed out their minds and dont see a reason for living any further. I've been in that position for periods before and I live in a house, have friends, can eat and shower when I like. Point being no matter what your situation when you fall in the dark hole it can take a lot of time to get out of it. A lot of homeless people were severely mentally ill before they even became homeless anyway. The lack of councilling and psychological support for the homeless is quite frankly abysmal. In my younger days after heavy nights of drink, drugs and parties I would often crash rough in the kinds of places homeless people stay and from my experience they are pretty nice people who do really appreciate the conversation.
    Admin Male
    Join Date Feb 5, 2005
    Location Kobe, Rokko
    Posts 7,156
    Japan-Hyogo
    Found this on youtube... not really about smelling homeless, but just about homeless people in Tokyo

先輩 Male
    Join Date Sep 29, 2007
    Location Chiba-seaside
    Posts 111
    Japan
    It is the smell such as the anus of the animal.
    I've never sniffed the anus of an animal !
    I don't know !
    SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN Male
    Join Date May 21, 2003
    Location Portland-USA
    Posts 9,252
    USA - Maine

I bet you have smelled a cat's anus !!

I've never sniffed the anus of an animal !
    I don't know !
    If your girlfriend wears many expensive perfumes , many of them contain "material" from the civet cat's anal glands. The civet cat is more like a mongoose than a cat.
    I wonder who in the perfume business ever had the idea to smell the cat's anal region in the first place?? It would probably take a chemist to explain why the scent of a cat's anal region makes such a good perfume ingredient?

Uncle Frank

先輩 Male
    Join Date May 15, 2011
    Location Washington
    Posts 32
    United States

A lot of homeless people were severely mentally ill before they even became homeless anyway.

If it's true ~ they're more than qualified for mental institution.

That's a common misconception ~ those homeless people with mental issue developed the symptoms years after they became homeless.Alone out on the streets long enough ~ they start talking to themselves and become paranoia etc.

By the way ~ there was one UK-born homeless woman ( grew up in USA ) L.Stevens talked about the possibility of having metal problem to quality for SSI or SS Disability Insurance.Her homeless partner M.Muir is an illegal alien from Scotland.Both are able-bodied employable adults just DON'T want to take any job to get of their homeless situation.She's been homeless for at least 5 years ~ younger sister kicked her out of the apartment for being a freeloader.
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Jul 6, 2011
    Location Somerset
    Posts 164
    United Kingdom
    If it's true ~ they're more than qualified for mental institution.

That's a common misconception ~ those homeless people with mental issue developed the symptoms years after they became homeless.Alone out on the streets long enough ~ they start talking to themselves and become paranoia etc.

By the way ~ there was one UK-born homeless woman ( grew up in USA ) L.Stevens talked about the possibility of having metal problem to quality for SSI or SS Disability Insurance.Her homeless partner M.Muir is an illegal alien from Scotland.Both are able-bodied employable adults just DON'T want to take any job to get of their homeless situation.She's been homeless for at least 5 years ~ younger sister kicked her out of the apartment for being a freeloader.
    Actually it works both ways. Recent studies have suggested the majority of paranoid schizophrenics in Glasgow are homeless. They have the protection of family, schizotypal illness often hits adolescence they live alone fine for a while until their condition deteriorates to the point they cant wash or feed themselves let alone hold down a job or pay bills and they end up on the street. The majority of seasoned homeless are eligable for institution but the goverments of most nations dont really care about the homeless.
    Cat lover Female
    Join Date Mar 28, 2004
    Location Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts 1,713
    Denmark
    We have a law here in Maine that all homeless people and people with body odor must wear pine tree air freshener to save our noses from pollution.

Uncle Frank
    Thank you Wunderbaum - imported from Germany. They can even be worn as ear rings: http://www.wunder-baum.de/startseite/Immer eine frischeIdee!
    後輩 Male
    Join Date Feb 11, 2012
    Location Salt Lake City
    Posts 10
    USA - Utah
    Homeless are truly terrible and should be eliminated somehow.
    Yancha Female
    Join Date Mar 10, 2003
    Location Tokyo
    Posts 427
    Japan
    Every homeless person on the street has a story, and every single one of them is a person. I for one would like to know more stories of them. It's easy to condemn all of them saying they're lazy and on the streets out of their own will, but I think every single one of them has their own reason why they're there... and sometimes they've got no other choice.

Old friend of mine used to work as a security guard at subways&trains, and told me a few of those stories. He met many homeless people while working. Some of them used to be wealthy business owners during the 80's, until the economy collapsed. They ended up penniless, and due to some glitches in the system/bureaucracy, had no other choice than live on the streets. After a couple of years of no official address, no jobs, there really isn't any chance of getting a job either - no one wants to hire you. Before saying 'homeless are terrible', keep in mind, that some day it could be you. No matter how well off you're at this moment..

Have to also add, that in my opinion the homeless people I've come across in Japan are generally friendly/pay no attention to other people. No shouting, begging for money or violent behaviour, like with the homeless I've met in various other countries..
    後輩 Male
    Join Date Mar 27, 2012
    Location Jakarta
    Posts 13
    Indonesia
    are you being sarcastic?
    that's somehow very offensive