What's new

japanese girlfriend

nakamuru

後輩
13 May 2014
I have been with my japanese gf for about 9 months now (3 months i met with her in person). and 6 long distance... Seems like long distance is really really hard. cause im the touchy feely type person.. (not hentai way haha).. and we contacted each other every day since nov 8th.. but suddenly first time she hasn't responded at all and i'm becoming very anxious... I think it has to do with the fact that I started working really hard now cause im saving up to go Japan and visit much as I can and she thinks I'm maybe more emotionally distant and cheating I think. Her english got really better after talking to her since the beginning but communicating together is still little frustrating at times... but somehow i thought we keep going and going until suddenly this happened... Anyways, we skyped daily too but thats cut off and feel my heart is being breaking into pieces.. and suffocating.. so my question is... Do I just give her space and don't contact her? then she will think i dont care and cheating or something... im sending a box of gifts to her today or tmr...

can someone translate this address again ( i had one person before but to make sure its correct cause its a pricey teddy bear!)
窶愬停?ケナセ窶徭窶吮??窶禿ャ窶ケテヲ窶禿ャ窶「テサ3-5-5 ナ?wツ青カ窶ーテッナ?テ卮探ニ停?愴誰ニ椎?ニ弛ツーニ淡ニ停?ヲ窶禿ャ窶「テサ343ツ坂??ナスツコ
235-0232
TOKYO JAPAN

in romaji???

dont worry this is not real address..... all numbers have changed and i will delete this once i get romaji thank you.. now i need some coping skills if worse case happens ... any advice?

Unless things have changed, you can write the address on the package in Japanese; the only thing that needs to be in romaji is "Japan". In the past I have sent dozens of packages to Japan like that.

I don't know what to tell you about the rest of it, except that I would imagine trying to make something like that work over the long term is like shoveling sand uphill. After a while one or the other of you is bound to start feeling it's just make-believe and start wanting somebody who is actually physically there.

Last edited:
Unless things have changed, you can write the address on the package in Japanese; the only thing that needs to be in romaji is "Japan". In the past I have sent dozens of packages to Japan like that.

I don't know what to tell you about the rest of it, except that I would imagine trying to make something like that work over the long term is like shoveling sand uphill. After a while one or the other of you is bound to start feeling it's just make-believe and start wanting somebody who is actually physically there.

actually i shipped to japan before several times.. postcards are fine without any modifcation but when i sent packages i needed to fill out custom form and it had to be in romaji... so any translations ??? hope there is!

You had it done before. Do you have some reason to suspect it was done incorrectly?

My Japanese wife said she doesn't know how to romanize 野方 because there may be more than one phonetic spelling. (I suspect it's Nogata. Google Maps shows that part of the city.) You had best just print this out and paste it on the mailing envelope in the order below.

東京都 <----------------------------------Tokyo
中野区野方3-5-5 学生会館 <---------street address (Nogata, Nakano-ku, plus street)
サンクリバージュ野方 <-----dorm name
343号室 <-------------room number
235-0232 <----------- this is the zip code

JAPAN

Obviously, though, your gf lives in the Nakano-ku part of Tokyo prefecture in some sort of dormitory. College girl?

I won't even begin to give advice about your love life, though. Way too many factors and missing information here. My only question is how you would suspect that she thinks you are cheating...?

Long distant relationship is not easy because there are so many things can cause problem between two people, however it's possible that it can work out. I think you need to let her know what you are thinking. Hopefully she will understand and start talking to you again. Good luck.

First of all, no long distance relationship will work AT ALL if one or both parties lacks confidence or trust. You said it is hard on you because you are a physically-oriented person. Maybe if you have expressed this concern to her a lot, she may assume that you need SOMEONE near you (and not just her) and you are making her feel self conscious? Also, maybe she hasn't answered because she is extremely busy (someone said dorm up ahead, if she is a college student she is probably busy starting school soon?)
Becoming paranoid is not going to make the situation any better, in fact it will raise tensions and may cause an argument. I know it's hard to be out of contact with someone you love. My friend's boyfriend studied abroad in Japan for a year (and she had been dating him for 6 years beforehand!) and it was hard on both of them but you need to stay composed and confident.
Communication will be difficult and frustrating at times, my friends and I often times struggle about talking about complex topics. Are you also trying to learn Japanese? It may be stressful on her if you aren't, because it's like expecting her to carry on all of the conversations in a language she isn't 100% confident in speaking.
I feel like relationships that have distance work a lot better when the people in them have some past foundation to build trust off of. Three months is not a long time to build something like that, but if you stay confident and meet her halfway with the language struggles, I'm sure it can work out until you are able to see her permanently.

Back
Top Bottom