Thread: A kami... ?

countess_d's Avatar Maiko
    Argentina

A kami... ?

国際交流パーティー
    Tokyo International Party

Hello!

I would appreciate if anyone could bring some light onto this issue, and I certanly hope I'm posting this in the right forum...

I've been told about a sort of kami, in a legend, which was vine-shaped or... related. I think the name was "Shokuketsu"

Does anyone knows anything about this god?

United_States
    i never heard about that god. u should tell us about it. heh. sounds interesting.

Argentina

Shokutetsu

Well, asking around, a friend, Lika, in a mailing list gave me some info, so I'll just quote what she told me, and if anyone has anything else to add or correct to this just say so because it sounds quite interesting:

"A Sokuketsu is a genderless plant demon with weird eyes that lives alone in
    the forest. They have faint green skin & plant green hair & green blood that
    makes plants grow. They stop people who get lost in the forest & try to drink
    their blood. The only way to avoid being killed is if you have a bag of sugar,
    they like sugar alot. They are daytime demons who like rain & die if it snows.
    They are named Sokuketsu cause when
    they die, they'r ebodies are supposed to deteriorate into a corpse shaped body
    of foliage."

KoranRi's Avatar 先輩
    United States
    wow, that's weird, but cool! ack! new.....story idea ! NO! STOP THE PLOT FAIRY FROM VISITING ME!
    Even though I'm hurt in dreams, nothing really changes
    I've opened a new door...
    and I keep on going in a world that spreads out before me
    I've hurt myself just to make my body a little bit stroger,
    my body that was embraced by such a big pain...
    Now I keep on walking on a road that continues faraway... it's just this.
    Lapis~prolgue~ - Gackt

See fire. See fire burn.
    -Z-kun

Argentina
    *giggle* Well, actually, the first time ever I heard the Shokutetsu word it was from a manga. Pet Shop of Horrors *points at her nick* apparently the main character was based somewhat out of that.

It does sounds rather cool and quite inspiring for many stories ^^ ~ Still, I would so-love to hear more about it, see, that explanation Lika gave didn't satisfy my inquiring for some reason ^^;

LinkBacks (?)