What's new

Tsukiyomi no Kami and a rabbit on the moon

Irena

後輩
9 May 2003
Mina-san, Konnichiwa!
I am reading a pagehttp://www.thelema.net/hml/00Shinto/chap9.html
at this very moment. Anyone can tell me is there a shrine of Tsukiyomi no Kami (the sister of Amaterasu-Omikami) in Tokyo? And if it is, how can I find it?
Images of rabbits are of my great interest. Is there any other shrine / temple in Tokyo or near Tokyo, where I can find interesting images of usagi? A lot of Inari's foxes in Tokyo. How about rabbits?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Ja mata ne! Irena ;)

Sorry Irena... I looked and looked online but was unable to find a Shinto shrine for Tsukiyomi anywhere in the Tokyo area. This does not mean that there isn't one. I would suggest you go to your local shrine and look for the sensei there and ask him if he knows or if he will check around for you.

Konnichiwa Irena-san!

At first, there are some mistakes at "THE FESTIVALS OF SHINTO" .

Tsukiyomi no Kami(Tsukuyomi no Mikoto) is a god but not goddess. And he is the ruler of the Night but not Unabara. Originally Unabara is not land, Unabara means the Sea, of course, but not Korea.

The story of an old man and rabbit is in Buddhism but not Shinto.

You can not find the moon rabbit in Shinto shrine, of course Buddhist temple too. But I think that you can find the moon rabbit goods in big store, because Tsukimi is very famous event in Japan.;)

NANGI

Nangi-san! Domo arigato gozaimasu!
Yes, I already have found lots of rabbits in the big and small Tokyo stores, and some of them are already sitting in my room:D
But I still think about other rabbits :confused: No rabbit images AT ALL in the shrines and temples? :( Maybe just a small tiny little rabbit anywhere there? ;) Any traces of the "Animal Scrolls" in the temples?(should I write it: Chojugiga, or Chogu Giga - by the way?). Does it mean Tsukiyomi no Mikoto and a rabbit practically don't go together, except Tsukimachi festivals? I
I just found another page about the Moon, hope this one is better... www.uwec.edu/philrel/shimbutsudo/tsukiyomi.html

;)

Konnichiwa Irena-san!

But I still think about other rabbits, No rabbit images AT ALL in the shrines and temples?

Usually you can not find rabbit images in the shrines and temples. But there are a famous rabbit images in Shinto myth and old tales.

Famous rabbit in Shinto myth is "Inaba no Shiro Usagi".
And famous rabbit in old tale is in "Kachi Kachi Yama" and "Usagi to Kame".
And the other, there is a rabbit in the twelve horary signs.

Maybe just a small tiny little rabbit anywhere there?

Ummm... small tiny little rabbit... anywhere there??? Oh, yes! There is very famous rabbit in Japan now! Please look this site!
But this rabbit have no relation to Shinto and Buddhism.:p

Any traces of the "Animal Scrolls" in the temples?(should I write it: Chojugiga, or Chogu Giga - by the way?).

I think usually there is not the "Animal Scrolls" in the temples. Because it is very rare as "Chojugiga" scroll.

Does it mean Tsukiyomi no Mikoto and a rabbit practically don't go together, except Tsukimachi festivals?

There is unrelated to Tsukiyomi no Mikoto and a rabbit perfectly.:eek:

NANGI

Konnichiwa Nangi-san!
Domo arigato gozaimasu for all the information! 😄 🙂
I hope I'll suceed in finding the tales you have mentioned.
By the way, can you tell me what company is Nova Usagi a logo of? A Music Company?
;)

Konnichiwa Irena-san!

Nova is the famous language school in Japan. There are a lot of this school in all over Japan.

NANGI

Back
Top Bottom