What's new

X-Japan

Winter

Gag me with a spoon
19 Nov 2003
X-Japan, still number 1 in my book.

Well, what do you think about them? Any other fans here? I don't see too many topics on them, and I think that's a shame. They were definitely trailblazers in their time.

I agree. I was actually living in Japan at the time when Hide killed himself. Very sad... I still listen to their music to this day.
:)

You don't see many topics because they're long gone. Sure, there's still fans but not like there would be if they were still releasing stuff. Yoshiki has gone on, and is now Mr. Michael Jackson Japan.
Toshi is a cult guy. Pata is playing with Miyavi. hide is dead. Heath is... I don't know where Heath is. Point is, everyone has gone pretty much down the drain. X Japan was indeed a good group... but as I said, there isn't rabid fandom because it's old. Everyone's done with their rabid fandom of X Japan, hence the lack of topicness anywhere.

My post seems to lack a point.

Lydia

Thats the problem. Fandom.

You still see people getting juiced about Led Zepplin. Rush. Black Sabbath.

X-Japan is right up there with them.

So I'm going to continue to boast this great band. X-Japan are number 1. No question, 'old' or not.

X-japan is a great group, made a big impact in their time, but seem to have gone the way of spicegirls, once big now not talked about.....

Originally posted by Ewok85
X-japan is a great group, made a big impact in their time, but seem to have gone the way of spicegirls, once big now not talked about.....

Oh god. You compared X Japan with the Spice Girls. Spice Girls were ready-made British pop... X Japan... X Japan... oh... I think I'm having a heart attack... X_X

Originally posted by insane_pink_tiger
They're gone; there's nothing new to talk about. They were an amazing band no question but that's old news now.

Ain nothin old about great music.

X Japan will never get old! They influenced so many people and I wish they would have been popular in America so more people would see how amazing they were. I love X Japan. And hide. hide will never ever ever really die unless we forget him, along with X.

x japan is good. very good, actually, and even much more than that.. but they're gone, as said. people surely like them and love them still, but there's nothing new to talk about. well, if you want to talk about them, you 'old' fans (i've known about them only about two years now, sadly) maybe should make some kind of memories topic and try to talk about those old x things which were fun or great. i don't know.. but what i tried to say, there are fans of x. they haven't gone anywhere :)

"well, if you want to talk about them, you 'old' fans (i've known about them only about two years now, sadly) maybe should make some kind of memories topic and try to talk about those old x things which were fun or great"

And here I thought that was the point of THIS thread... Truly great music stands the test of time. X was ahead of their time imho and one of a few J-bands to really make an indelible impact on myself. Just because the group no longer is around doesn't mean they and their body of work aren't worth discussing.

I wonder if so many "fans" of Gackt, Hyde, and the like will be able to say the same thing five or ten years down the road from now about their music... I suspect many of the bandwagoners though will simply move on to fawn over whoever the flavor-of-the-month is at that point in time. Too many fans of J-music tend to focus on the here and now (what's "hot") it seems, but sometimes it's good to revisit the roots that laid the foundation for everything else to further one's own appreciation for great music. Alas, such is the way of "popular music" I suppose...

p.s. I saw X in concert twice during the late 90's so I guess that makes me an "old-timer" being nostalgic and reminiscing down memory lane. 8-p

IronChef, you've been reading my mind...

Speaking of 'old-timers', have you seen Saber Tiger in any lives before?

And speaking of bandwagoner fans, this is one thing about the scene that is lacking; the mainstay of classic music.

X-Japan will forever be wonderful, because their music WILL stand the test of time. I personally dont think too many bands out there make music that will have that longlasting effect.

Again; thats the norm for popular music, as you said before.

Ironchef, you went to X -Japan concerts..... u r so luckily!!!!!!! I'm jealous
they r so so great. U r really lucky
winter, my fav band, is also gone. I love Lunasea, I cry with their songs I LUV LUNA SEA, but nobody talks about them anymore, even when they were an important band, but lots of fans r still out there, so it doesn't bother me so much.
what really bothers me is that I will never see them live
😭

I love Luna Sea also, and I almost broke down back in '99 when I heard they were calling it quits.

Ewok85 said:
I can't belive you compaerd X Japan to Spice Girls 😲 :banghead: :smash: 🔥 Having a heart attack with Illaparatzo-sama

Iron Chef said:
"well, if you want to talk about them, you 'old' fans (i've known about them only about two years now, sadly) maybe should make some kind of memories topic and try to talk about those old x things which were fun or great"
And here I thought that was the point of THIS thread... Truly great music stands the test of time. X was ahead of their time imho and one of a few J-bands to really make an indelible impact on myself. Just because the group no longer is around doesn't mean they and their body of work aren't worth discussing.
I wonder if so many "fans" of Gackt, Hyde, and the like will be able to say the same thing five or ten years down the road from now about their music... I suspect many of the bandwagoners though will simply move on to fawn over whoever the flavor-of-the-month is at that point in time. Too many fans of J-music tend to focus on the here and now (what's "hot") it seems, but sometimes it's good to revisit the roots that laid the foundation for everything else to further one's own appreciation for great music. Alas, such is the way of "popular music" I suppose...
p.s. I saw X in concert twice during the late 90's so I guess that makes me an "old-timer" being nostalgic and reminiscing down memory lane. 8-p
Your so lucky that got to see the! 👍 :D

Illaparatzo-sama said:
You don't see many topics because they're long gone. Sure, there's still fans but not like there would be if they were still releasing stuff. Yoshiki has gone on, and is now Mr. Michael Jackson Japan.
Toshi is a cult guy. Pata is playing with Miyavi. hide is dead. Heath is... I don't know where Heath is. Point is, everyone has gone pretty much down the drain. X Japan was indeed a good group... but as I said, there isn't rabid fandom because it's old. Everyone's done with their rabid fandom of X Japan, hence the lack of topics anywhere.
My post seems to lack a point.
Lydia
How could you compare Yoshiki to Michael Jackson? 😲
Yoshiki is so much better than Michael Jackson!

Last edited by a moderator:
Illaparatzo-sama said:
Well, I was just thinking of his looks when I compared them. He has the Michael Jackson-esque look.
You can't seriously mean they look like eachother... Well I don't think they do at all.

YEAH! X-JAPAN!!! WOOHOO!!!
"Doredake namidawo nagaseba~ anatawo wasurerarerudarou~"

Dang, that's some good stuff. I'm gonna pop in some X now. Thanks for the nostalgia guys! *Jumps in the air and crosses arms*

-Jeff

Funny, I'm listening to The Last Song by X Japan. I've always wished to see them, I think they were an awesome band, very musically talented and I always want to cry when I hear Endless rain. I saw a few of thier DVD's when Shin-Kun (exchange buddy) came to Canada, he was made fun of by the other guys cause he liked X Japan.....
Anywhodalady, I love em! :)

Interesting thread.
You don't see many topics because they're long gone.
I've found most X-Japan or hide threads to be inundated with off topic posts and never really allowed to develop into anything but a debate about its relevance. Yoshiki projects; Violet UK & GLOBE (no longer involved), Heath & Pata joint project; Dope HEADZ (on hiatus), Heath project; Y2K, Pata project; Ra:IN, Taiji projects; Oto Kaze and Taiji & Family.
X may be gone but the members are still producing music
"well, if you want to talk about them, you 'old' fans (i've known about them only about two years now, sadly)...
and X still is attracting new fans. If the criteria for an 'old timers' thread is disbandment then cali=gari and Malice Mizer fit the profile.

He has the Michael Jackson-esque look.
When I think of Micheal Jackson and Jrock. Gackt comes to mind.

Last edited:

Iron Chef, Which tours? I have only seen live dvd performances, from those I am assuming they were incredible live?

I think the influence they have on bringing new fans into Jrock music can't be under estimated. A great band, well worth discussing.

Anyone knows the latest news of all the ex X-Japan members?

As is know, yoshiki is still busy with Violet UK, hide is RIP and Taiji was injured in an accident...
So what is going on with Toshi, Heath and Pata?

I don't know whats happening with them...BUt i was wondering if any1 could help me to translate the song " Forever love " i really want to know what it says but i don't know japanese...

Back
Top Bottom