What's new

Receiving Visa

How long did it take until you received your Visa for Japan?

• Total voters

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
To get a better Idea of the speed of the Japanese Immigration service, I am wondering how long it took until you received your Visa.

This can be your Spouse visa, work visa, student visa, etc.

I received my spouse visa in 55 days, and this is the normal speed. between 2-3 months.

I have heard stories about people who needed to wait 4-5 months, but also one guy who got his spouse visa the same day because he was married with this Japanese woman for already 6 years.

So share your expierence!

Got my student visa CoE about 1-2 month, not really sure since it was the school who made the aplication, but got my Visa from the embassy in less then 1 month, 2 weeks max i think.

The hole process for my visa took about 4 months, my school applyed, got the certificate of eligebility back after a little more than 3 months then I whent to the embassy in Copenhagen and got my passport with visa back after about 1 week.

It was the New Year period, so just over a month. Otherwise, I guess I would have got it in just under a month.

i'm applying for my student visa right now actually... i'll vote on the poll right when i get it back :)

from what I understand I should be getting my certificate of eligibility in june, and then I will be able to bring it to an embassy and get a visa. So it looks like the total process might take around 2 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom