What's new

Chinese Food vs. Japanese Food

Which do you perfer? Chinese Food or Japanese Food?

• Chinese!

Votes: 50 19.5%
  • Japanese!

Votes: 77 30.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 127 49.4%
  • I hate both... -.-

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
i don't like fish food in general and japan has a lot . right?
i like instant noodles but aren't they more chinese than japanese ? :p

LOL okay. Well, I have to try more Japanese food to actually say it's better then Chinese food. Has anyone tried Korean food or Thai? I want to try those.-. :D

yeah korean food is very good as well as vietnamese. one of my roomates is half korean so whenever we go over to her parents house her mom cooks it up. bogulgee (sp?) is prolly my favorite right now for korean dishes. vietnamese is alot of soups and noodles dishes but all very good, especially this one i cant remember the name right now with chicken, chestnuts and black hair moss. MMMMMMmmmm

Yum! Now i'm hungry and I have the big need for some Korean food. :) MMMMMMMmmmmmm....

do they have any mexican food worth eating in japan? i know its a task to get some in australia, as i really didnt find anything good. hell i didnt even see a taco bell there, but taco bell doesnt count as mexican food worth eating either.

I like Thai foods. I like the hot ,sour and spicy tastes. Tom Yum soup is awesome and the curries made with coconut milk.
Also their rice is really good too. It's a little different than Japanese. I suggest trying a Thai restaurant if you haven't yet.
Indian foods are good too. I like trying all the curries of Asia.

Never had Kim chee... But I love Indian food. It's always tastes great no matter what. :D

vietnamese food is very good, my friends whole family came over from vietnam and his mom makes the best soup I've ever had. I am going to have to go with sashimi that is my favorite I love the texture and flavor of sashimi, ah it is so heavenly mmm. besides chinese food is too greasy in my opinion, unless it is moo goo gai pan, then I'll eat it up

The big minus about Japanese food is NATTO! If it contains NATTO it's pretty much DOOMED! :D

I can't stand Vietnamese, and don't care much for a lot of mandarin cusine. I hate boiled food most of the time. So preferably JPS. Also looks very nicely prepared most of the time. Chinese and vietnamese looks like someone scooped a plate or bowl of something or other from their local river...PASS!!!

both

Chinese:
because I am Chinese,I eat Chinese food daily,and I love it,
I'd say Chinese food is probably the most complicated food to cook,atleast when compared to Western food.

Japanese:
fresh,natural

actually both Japanese and Chinese food really focus on freshness

I like both,
but I eat Chinese food everyday since I am Chinese,and I love it.

if you want to eat Chinese food
go to China,those are REAL CHINESE FOOD,
Chinese food has thousands of years of history

I've eaten Chinese food in Japan, Thailand, India, Australia, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, the UK and the US, and all were completely different.

India's is somewhere between horrible and tasteless (anyway they only know 3 dishes : chow mein, chop suey and gyoza).

In Italy and Spain, the menu was the same in every city, with always the cashew nut, black bean, sweet and sour, and oyster sauce for either chicken, pork or beef with a choice of white or fried rice.

In Japan, there are always subuta, ebi chilli, chukadon and gyoza.

In France, it's often mixed with Vietnamese food (there are lots of Vietnamese or Laotians and they have Vietnamo-Chinese restaurants).

That's actually in Belgium, then Australia that I've eaten the best and more varied Chinese food. I still have to try the real thing in China. But there are so many kinds of cuisine in every region that it's really hard to even tell what is real Chinese food like.

Should we include imported dishes like ramen, kare-, tempura, pasta and tonkatsu into Japanese food ?

Anyway, I like both.

Back
Top Bottom