What's new

Chinese Food vs. Japanese Food

Which do you perfer? Chinese Food or Japanese Food?

• Chinese!

Votes: 50 19.5%
  • Japanese!

Votes: 77 30.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 127 49.4%
  • I hate both... -.-

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
kirei_na_me said:
I think you should look at my pictures in the gallery. I don't think the eyeliner looks as dark there. :p

Anyway, since I haven't eaten any of those cereal bars, I don't really know what they're like. I know they make them with a lot of different kinds of cereal. Kellogg's has them in Cocoa Rice Krispies, Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, and Cinnamon Krunchers. General Mills makes them with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, and Chex. I just looked them up, and I think that's all.
Ok, I'll take a look at the gallery. Why did you change your avatar back? The angel avatar looked so good :(
We have all the Kellogs stuff over here as well, so I don't need to buy vastly overpriced imports for that. I already tried once one of their cereal bars (the Frosted Flakes one), but I wasn't exactly thrilled... 😌
Never heard of General Mills though...

Well, I put the angel as my profile picture. Got a little self-conscious about it, I guess. Anyway, that's my eye over there, so....

Do you all have cereals like Cheerios over there? If so, that's General Mills. And I wouldn't think the Frosted Flake ones would be too good either. Too much sweet for my taste.

kirei_na_me said:
And I think the chicken feet bought around here are mostly for making broth. I don't think a lot of actually eat them, because there's not that much meat.

I eat chicken feet, it's delicious. 👍

chicken feet...

kirei_na_me said:
And I think the chicken feet bought around here are mostly for making broth. I don't think a lot of actually eat them, because there's not that much meat.

no it's full of soft bones and gelatine. Yech-Yech for me, but that's only my point of view. Some will drive miles to eat chicken feet. I'll stay home and read a book, even if I'm starved....
lovely week to you & familly

Lina Inverse said:
Chicken feet!? Are you for real!? 😲
Pig's feet is already bad, pig's ears is even worse, but chicken's feet is way past gross! :bikkuri:

you can go to a Chinese restaurant and see some people eating chicken feet

I never liked chicken feet though,I think I have never tried it and never will.

some Chinese people also eat pig's feet,
they say it helps to make your feet get stronger
again,I think I have never tried it and never will.

yimija said:
yes, specially if you have to walk long distance with them....

fortunately I don't have chicken feet 😌

but there is a basketball player Keon Clark,he has chicken feet but he jumps so high ,explosive

chicken feet

Dream Time said:
you can go to a Chinese restaurant and see some people eating chicken feet

I never liked chicken feet though,I think I have never tried it and never will.

fortunately I don't have chicken feet 😌
but there is a basketball player Keon Clark,he has chicken feet but he jumps so high ,explosive

LOL, you are funny ! Well I dont walk around with chicen feet neither, but I can jump and run all right !!!

i definitely favor japanese food over chinese. chinese food in a restaurant has too many vegetables mixed in with the meat...unaceptable to a carnivore such as myself. although when it comes to satisfying a voracious appetite, i'll certainly go to a chinese buffet. i've never seen a japanese buffet restaurant.

pig's feet is actually very tasty if prepared right. my mother used them to make a soup stock, getting one of the feet was a treat. however, in north carolina there were convenience stores that sold pickled pig's feet out of huge jars sitting on the counters. i never acquired a taste for those.

amerikanized said:
pig's feet is actually very tasty if prepared right.
Same goes for chicken feet. I tried them twice, the 1st time it was not too good but the 2nd time really tasty.

I had chicken legs for the first time two weeks ago.

Conclusio: as with French escargot, it's the sauce that makes the rhythm. Very healthy.

👍

Attachments

• chicken_feet.JPG
    chicken_feet.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 116
amerikanized said:
although when it comes to satisfying a voracious appetite, i'll certainly go to a chinese buffet. i've never seen a japanese buffet restaurant.

The amount of the food you get and prices are not even comparison between Chinese and Japanese food in the U.S.! When I buy Chinese food, it feeds me 2 meals for sure while I can eat 2 or 3 times more sushi.

Sushi I had a few days ago was literally size of my thumb, I could barely hold it, and it cost me $100!!

'pigs trotters' (pigs feet) were often eaten in Ireland because of the poverty and scarcity of meat. The trotters made a beautifully tasted stew, and if you actually got one of the trotters to nibble on you were lucky indeed
My experience of Japanese food is limited ..... a Japanese restaurant in Amsterdam (brillliant), one in London (fine without being memorable) and recently a new one in Belfast (poor indeed)
I guess it depends on the chef and on your choice? :)

Both! for sure... I've always loved chinese food even though I am interested in Japan.. Japanese and Chinese food are both good with me :)

Northern Touch said:
Both! for sure... I've always loved chinese food even though I am interested in Japan.. Japanese and Chinese food are both good with me :)
Same for me. 👍
Anyway, I'm referring to what I can find here in Italy, since I've never been in Asia... :(
I heard chinese food in Italy is quite different to the original, but the same does not apply for washoku, does it? :?

guldo said:
Same for me. 👍
Anyway, I'm referring to what I can find here in Italy, since I've never been in Asia... :(
I heard chinese food in Italy is quite different to the original, but the same does not apply for washoku, does it? :?
I suppose, in Italy it's the same as here in Germany. There are a few restaurants that sell proper Chinese food. Best you find yourself some Chinese friends who can tell you where to eat.

Golgo_13 said:
Chinese food - an hour later you're hungry again

Japanese food - an hour later you're broke.
Don't know about the Chinese restaurants in the US but I was in a Cantonese restaurant in the weekend & I was pretty full afterwards. (4 persons, 66 euro, BTW)
But Japanese food, yeah, here the same. The same quantity that we ate in the Chinese restaurant would have cost at least twice as much, probably more.

all food is good, if it tastes good. Asian food is my specialty though so i love both japanese and chinese. though i do live in australia so what we call chinese and japanese food is very different to what it actually is. I cant wait to try broiled eel though. dont know about the raw whale but. or snake.

I like both. They're so different. The main similarity is rice. Before going to Japan I had really only eaten Chinese food, but I quickly learned to love Japanese food too. :chinese: :lover: :japanese:

Well, I like both, but at this point, I would have to say I "prefer" Chinese food. However, that is only because I have not eaten much Japanese food. I guess I need to get out more!! ☝ :)

Back
Top Bottom