What's new

To chopstick or not to Chopstick

What does chindogu mean? Wow that chopstick game is hard. Some one should write and Zen book on the art. I eat with chopsticks at home most of the time I like it better than using a fork. For one thing I eat slower with Chopsticks so I enjoy my food more.

By the way It is ok to eat sushi with your hands right? I heard people say that on this thread. I eat with chopsticks and my hads when I eat sushi. I was tought that it is ok.
This is correct right?

P.S In a China it is not good to make noise when you eat Lo Ming right? I know in Japanese it is polite to make noise when you eat noodels but I was told in China it is rude is this right?

hello

I think the reason why the already have chopsticks waiting for you in a japanses resturant is because it give you a more authentic feel and the japanese waiters like it when you use them i think it shows respect towards them and their country. As in a chinese resturant then dont give you chopsticks is because chinise food is very americanized i guess they feel that lazy americans dont want to use chopsticks cause its too much work lol i preferably use chopsticks when im at a chinese resturant when i ask for them they give me a weird look. plus i prefer Japanese food much better :p

Two thumbs up for the metal chopsticks!! I saw them used as a weapon in an episode of the tv show Alias. This Russian woman spy nailed a Korean guy's hands to the table using his own chopsticks. I thought that was cool. I think I'd look for one. If I use it as a weapon, I can't be charged with illegal possession of metal chopsticks... :D

Arg

Is this game only possible? :?:
I only got 6 XD

Attachments

• flies.JPG
    flies.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 122
sadakoyamamura said:
Two thumbs up for the metal chopsticks!! I saw them used as a weapon in an episode of the tv show Alias. This Russian woman spy nailed a Korean guy's hands to the table using his own chopsticks. I thought that was cool. I think I'd look for one. If I use it as a weapon, I can't be charged with illegal possession of metal chopsticks... :D

The metal aren't too hard except when eating cold noodles then it presents a small challenge :D

Wakaranai said:
By the way It is ok to eat sushi with your hands right? I heard people say that on this thread. I eat with chopsticks and my hads when I eat sushi. I was tought that it is ok.
This is correct right?

Yes, I said that. It's best to use your hands at a place where they also give you an "Oshibori" (a hot towel) so that you can keep wiping your hands with it as your hands get sticky from the rice. Tell the server you want to keep the towel for that purpose.

But use chopsticks for nibbling on the ginger! :D :LOL: 👍

I don't think I have ever been to a Chinese restaurant (ALOT) and have not been given chopsticks! I live in the UK if that makes a difference, my chopstick skills are not the best, they are functional to pick pieces of food up, but anything too small (rice), slippery (noodles) or too heavy tends to keep escaping my grasp.

I am very good at using chopsticks,of course,I can't imagine any Chinese person don't know how to use chopsticks.

I went to eat sushi with my white female friends and they couldn't use chopsticks properly,they drop sushis everywhere on the table so I told them to use hands instead :D

Dream Time said:
I am very good at using chopsticks,of course,I can't imagine any Chinese person don't know how to use chopsticks.
Oh man. I'm Chinese (but born in the US), but I didn't know how to use chopsticks only until some years ago. Every time my family goes to a Chinese restaurant, I always used a fork. Due to that, I've been teased by my parents (in front of others) so many times because of it. Of course I can now, and don't get that anymore. I only get talk because I'm left-handed.

Arc Light said:
Hey...even us Lefties can use Chopsticks!

But can you use your right as well? I taught myself to use my Left so I can do both now, not that it means anything but it was a bet at one time and I accomplished it. Yay me. :D

Wakaranai said:
Wow that chopstick game is hard. Some one should write and Zen book on the art.

That game was too funny. I got 31 on the first try...but it got annoying after a while! :)

Buddha Smoker said:
But can you use your right as well? I taught myself to use my Left so I can do both now, not that it means anything but it was a bet at one time and I accomplished it. Yay me. :D

Kudos to you!

Compared to nailing another person's hands to the table with metal chopsticks, teaching yourself to use hashi with both hands is a challenge indeed!! :)

Keiichi said:
Oh man. I'm Chinese (but born in the US), but I didn't know how to use chopsticks only until some years ago. Every time my family goes to a Chinese restaurant, I always used a fork. Due to that, I've been teased by my parents (in front of others) so many times because of it. Of course I can now, and don't get that anymore. I only get talk because I'm left-handed.

Your family eat in a Chinese restaurant?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have never seen Chinese people eating in a Chinese restaurant, and I've lived in NYC and LA.

Unless, of course, it's in Chinatown.

えええええええ!!??

CC1 got 31??!!??

Holy cow. I've never felt so inadequate. Kudos, man! Yeesh!

Dan

Golgo_13 said:
Your family eat in a Chinese restaurant?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have never seen Chinese people eating in a Chinese restaurant, and I've lived in NYC and LA.

i always eat in Chinese restaurants :)

Dream Time said:
i always eat in Chinese restaurants :)
Yeah, it's so Chinese. It's like every special occasion there is, you go eat at a Chinese restaurant. It's as if I don't eat Chinese food everyday already. >_>

i always ask chinese restraunts for chopsticks. sometimes i go as far as to ask for a bowl for my rice, and extra rice too. most places are happy to oblige, one lady even complemented me lol.
that's how i learned to eat it, seems kinda weird when they put everything on a plate. its nice when you goto a place and they have a bunch on the table in the chopstick holder then you can just pick 2 out and be done with it. many vietnamese restraunts do that otherise they'll ask you when they take your order. though some places automaticly bring me a fork anyway, kind of annoying but i think its their way of trying to be nice since alot of white folks ask for forks.

My two favorite restaurants in NYC's Chinatown:

Wo Hop's and Hong Ying's both on Mott Street. Wo Hop's is open 24-hrs. and you could go there at 4am and the place would be packed. Hong Ying has a great house special soup!

Back
Top Bottom