Note that this thread was started 1062 days ago and might not be up-to-date anymore. Please consider creating a new thread before posting.

Thread: Difference between Hon-Mirin and Aji-Mirin???

後輩 Female
    Join Date Sep 5, 2011
    Location Syracuse
    Posts 1
    USA - New York

Question Difference between Hon-Mirin and Aji-Mirin???

国際交流パーティー
    Tokyo International Party

I was trying to get all the ingredients that I needed to finally make Gyudon for the first time and after about three weeks of waiting, I was able to visit a local Asian Grocery and bought a few things...one of them being the Aji-Mirin...
    After I got home and watched the video on how to make Gyudon, I realized that the recipe called for Hon-Mirin instead...do you guys know the difference between the two? Would it really matter if I used the Aji-Mirin instead?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Miranda
    Resident Realist Male
    Join Date Aug 8, 2005
    Location All Over
    Posts 4,273
    USA - California
    http://justbento.com/forum/mirin

Looks like hon-mirin is better stuff, but you can use the aji-mirin all the same.

User Tag List