What's new

A Forum About Japanese Food Is Evil!

Fantt

Envious of Nabeshin's Fro
29 Jun 2003
Sheesh, every time I read anything about Japanese food my belly starts demanding some sashimi and sake immediately. This is somewhat unsettling at 8 o'clock in the morning.

I have a book which is all about Japanese food and I can't even start looking at it unless I've just finished a big meal. I just ate breakfast, so I can talk about it for a few minutes.

For example, come back to this post when you're a bit hungry and read about what I ate on Friday night:

Friday night my wife and I ate at a place here in Scottsdale, AZ called Sushi On Shea. It's run by a very nice Japanese couple, and I always hear the sushi chefs chatting in Japanese. For no rational reason, I always feel more comfortable eating sushi that I know has been prepared by Japanese chefs - the more experienced, the better.

So, here's what we had: :gohan:

Miso soup with yummy seaweed and tofu.
Squid Tempura (big THICK slices mmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Steamed rice with yummy sesame seeds
Salmon sashimi (drool)
Tuna sashimi (big thick pieces)
Crunchy Unagi/cucumber rolls (awwww MAN those are good)
Some other kind of crunchy rolls that my wife loves
Kirin Ichiban (big bottle)
Big bottle of warm sake
:devilish:

Now, I will not be able to come back and look at this post until after I eat my next meal - any other food just seems so bleh compared to sushi/sashimi. Yummy sushi dinners are just too expensive to eat as often as I'd like which would be pretty much every day.

Hey, do what I do: Keep a bottle of sake and a box of tempura batter in the pantry at all times. ;)

(crap, now this thread is making me hungy--I'm gonna' go make some fried rice...)

Back
Top Bottom