What's new

What is the best japanese drink?

I tried some plum wine Choya a while back, at first as it goes into your mouth it is really sweet, but then when you swallow it, it is quite bitter and suprisingly burns, so I stopped drinking that.

I have some sake as well (Jozoshu - Honjozo-shu), but I have not tried it yet. It comes in a nice microwavable jar!

Spaceghost said:
I have some sake as well (Jozoshu - Honjozo-shu), but I have not tried it yet. It comes in a nice microwavable jar!

Warm/Hot sake is always good. I love the stuff when I drink.

has anyone tried the alcoholic version of calpis?
I couldnt imagine getting drunk off it... although it is highly possible
its not something you would take to a party or anything!

Exidez said:
has anyone tried the alcoholic version of calpis?
I couldnt imagine getting drunk off it... although it is highly possible
its not something you would take to a party or anything!

There's a few actually and I didn't mind them. Of course, the ones I had were pretty light so it would take a lot to get really drunk unless you were weak for alcohol.

Midori (which is greener than it's name) + Sambuca + Lime, and an optional lighter = very happy Chiquiliquis!

:LOL: :box: :smoke: :snore:

A lot of my coworkers really like Shochu and Coke. But I had heard, until quite recently, that Shochu was a drink for geezers. It is supposedly coming back into fashion for the younger crowd.

chiquiliquis said:
A lot of my coworkers really like Shochu and Coke. But I had heard, until quite recently, that Shochu was a drink for geezers. It is supposedly coming back into fashion for the younger crowd.

That's not true....it's can just be a good and cheap way to drink :D

I started off with Sapporo Draft and have since moved on to Asahi Draft. Those are the only two choices here in Canada that I know of. I enjoy drinking Sake from time to time as well. Non-acoholic, I enjoy Jyuroku Cha-Asahi. It's a cold tea drink made by Asahi and contains 16 different tea sources. Very refreshing! I also I'm a huge Sencha green tea drinker as well, I prefer brwewing straight from the whole leaf.

A cold glass of Mugi-cha (Roasted Barley tea)

You might find it bitter at first but once you acquire a taste for it you'll like it.

Buddha Smoker said:
So no C2 drinkers, eh?

Yup, I love c2, it tastes even etter than regular coke, I find for some reason.

I love Choyu plum wine. Are there any other good plum wines?

sapporo for the win!...im not a fan of kirin lager its just nothing special. you should have some santori whisky!

I like Cassis Orange, Calpis Sour or Calpis water.

Oh and everyone I've talked to said C2 is death in a bottle. Death mixed with AWFUL!

Duh duh da da da duh duh duh, JINRO(as I do the candid dance)..... yep I am a fan of olong hai as you can tell. There isn't much taste to it, but bottle after bottle gets you feeling warm. I also like taking some sho chu shooters as well, but that's where you can get drunk really fast. I also recommend trying amazake, there's not much alcohol in it, but it's really tasty. I guess they drink it on New Years and other special occasions. Also, milk tea makes for some tasty sippin'.

c.c. lemon. pocari sweat. suntory has an aray of goodies to swizzle on ^.^

oh, and i tried an oxygen bar... it's otay. i dunno, i think back to it now and i want to eat everything i smelled. ^.^ I'm an eater

I found a type of clouded sake made by a company in Oregon. It's called Momokawa, and is described as a Nigori - unfiltered.

I'm sure you could still find sake like that in Japan, it all used to be cloudy until modern filtering.

sake oishi

NANGI said:
Konnichiwa HITMAN-X-san!

Hahaha... yes, Sake(Japanese rice wine) is good! :romance:
I recommend the calpis. It's a very tasty. 😌

www.calpis.net

NANGI

yeah i also love sake. i have tried that many times when i was in tokyo 2 years ago. sake is the bes drink in japan! 🙂

I'm not much for alcohol, so I've never had sake before. What's it like?

I know I'm gonna catch all kinds of hell for this, but, as for beer, how can people drink that swill, regardless of what country it comes from? I tried it once (1977) and hated the taste from jump street, haven't touched a drop of it since. UGH!
:mad:

Lina Inverse said:
I've not heard of them... why are they called that way?
You well breath Oxygen through a tank for a price. Nothing is special about them. I really wouldn't reccomend using one. It's a good way to waste your money though. 🙂

I've had C2. It tastes pretty much like any softdrink sweetened with Splenda. That is, it tastes not near as bad as stuff sweetened with other artificial sweeteners. Splenda is made from sugar. Still, it's not great, nor is it bad. I like it because it has half as many calories as regular coke and it doesn't taste too yechy.

As for Sake, someone asked about Sake that isn't clear. I've had some "milky" looking sake. In fact, yesterday I was doing the rounds of the Japanese markets in the Phoenix area and I came across at least 1 bottle that was like that. The milky kind tastes a lot "grainyer" in the form of ricey grainy. :D How's that for a technical description?

Here's the Wikipedia entry for Sake.

FlashJeff: Beer drinking is an aquired taste. That is, until you taste a beer which is tolerable, you won't like it at all, but once you have a decent one, your tastebuds open up and are ready to try other kinds. Granted, most popular American beers: Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc taste exactly like what they look like: horse piss.

However, try an amber beer the next time you're eating steak or some other meat. For Japanese flavor, try a Kirin Ichiban. My wife absolutely HATED beer until she tried that one and now she enjoys a beer from time to time.

As for what Sake tastes like - the generic kind you find at ANY sushi bar is semi-sweet and very smooth (doesn't hurt when you swallow it like whisky). You fill up the little shot glass, yell "kampai!" and swallow the entire amount in one gulp. It's not as strong as whisky or hard liquor, so doing so a few times won't cause you to fall onto the floor.

Both Sake and Beer drinking are no fun done alone. Make sure before you try sake that you have a few friends with you.

Back
Top Bottom