Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Rice, RAW EGG, Soya SAuce

well? hehe i need to learn it i geuss. but its okay

I loved it! Very healthy and gives you energy for the day. American breakfasts are too sweet or greasy, although sometimes good. I wish I could eat Japanese breakfasts instead, but I don't have the time to make them. I usually just eat a cereal bar or something, which doesn't really give me the boost I need.

I wouldn't eat raw eggs anymore but used to...
I'll take one with roasted fish, vegetables, rice and miso soup for breakfast. It seems like too much to eat in the morning, but I can eat those much more easily than pancakes or muffins.

Brooker said:
Very healthy and gives you energy for the day.
Exactly.

The meal of every morning
Boiled rice, miso soup, the dried seaweed, a fresh egg, takuan(pickled Japanese radish), tukemono(pickles), green tea

I have had many traditional Japanese breakfast meals, and I am still going strong. It's fantastik!!!!!!!!!

cicatriz esp said:
I'd be scared of salmonella.
I think that only happens when the egg "juice" sits around on a counter or something. They give you the egg right out of the shell and I think there really aren't any worries there. Once again, the Japanese prove that cooking is just a waste of time. :)

pyius said:
I've never really had a japanese breakfast, but I wouldn't decline one :)

Welcome to Jref Pyius!!!

see its your first post!!! there is an introduction area here, maby you can tell us something abuot you, if you want?

i havnt tried japanese breakfast so much either, we just eat Sandwich with peanut buttur mostly i here haha... big differnce with japan

It didn't appear appetizing to me, so I went every morning to Denny's in Shibuya for a Western-style breakfast. Only thing different was having salad with bacon/sausage and scrambled eggs. But I loved the thick, sweet bread they served.

I have Kellog's genmai flakes for breakfast. The Japanese box indicates that is richer in vitamins and minerals (so healthier) than the traditional Japanese breakfast. I sometimes add a sliced banana in it for even more vitamins and fiber. Let's say it's the modern Japanese breakfast, as I haven't seen 'genmai' (rice with husk) flakes outside Japan.

My problem is that I need a bit more calore-dense food[1] than a Japanese breakfast provides, and that I can't stand raw eggs, even though I know that they're safe if they're pasteurized.

I can eat a 'classical Western'[1] breakfast on a busy day, and be starving by lunch; ah, the price I pay to lift weights...*grin* Usually I'm an oatmeal guy, though -- how hard is it going to be to find non-instant tub-o-oatmeal in Japan? Should I just bring my own when I'm there for a month?

[1] Four eggs, cheese, chili, bacon, toast, hash browns, pot of of coffee, grapefruit juice, glass of water.

🙂 i do not prefer eggs.

instant noodles/pizza make a great breakfast.

excuse me, i forget: it must have a label on it: this is breakfast.

cola with tea, orange juice with tea tastes very good.

i took the opportunity to make another rather useless reply :)

now you know about my desire for pizza.

In Japan for breakfast I had : Chinese food with gohan; Onigiri ; veggies, bacon + gohan...those were my typical breakfastfoods.
Now I'm stuck on stupid bread again, or flakes :(
And for drink I had orange juice made of veggies (carrots mostly)

RockLee said:
In Japan for breakfast I had : Chinese food with gohan; Onigiri ; veggies, bacon + gohan...those were my typical breakfastfoods.
Now I'm stuck on stupid bread again, or flakes :(
And for drink I had orange juice made of veggies (carrots mostly)

MMM BREAD WITH CHEESE AND PEANUT BUTTER,,, I Had ENOUGH OF IT

misa.j said:
I wouldn't eat raw eggs anymore but used to...
Adding a little bit of butter and soy sauce gives nice flavor...

top_1-1.jpg

related post

Last edited:
bezz said:
Adding a little bit of butter and soy sauce gives nice flavor...
Hmm, I've never had it with butter, but that sounds actually good.
It also goes well with shredded seaweed & soy sauce.

MMM i want japanese breakfast.. nowadays i dont eat breakfast, because i am bad in waking up, and cant eat that early, but mm if my mother in law cook, i dont care what time it is.. or my wife of course!!!!

Rice, with green pepers, and fish, MMMMM OISHIIIII

I agree that the Japanese breakfast just seems much healthier, not so heavy, and delicious. Miso soup, rice and raw egg, or natto. The piece of toast, one egg, and small side salad breakfast however isn't enough for me. After a few years of Japanese breakfasts, the Canadian breakfast really was far too heavy for me. The Canadian breakfast used to go down so easy though.
Brooker said:
I think that only happens when the egg "juice" sits around on a counter or something. They give you the egg right out of the shell and I think there really aren't any worries there. Once again, the Japanese prove that cooking is just a waste of time. :)
As I was taught in my foodsafe course anyways, one in every few thousand eggs is naturally just full of salmonella, although I've never heard of a Japanese getting salmonella poisoning from a raw egg breakfast.

Never tried a Japanese breakfast. Kinda hard here in the States. However the rice, miso soup, vegetables and noodles sound like a great bkfast. they can keep the raw eggs. The ONSEN TAMAGO sounds like soft boiled eggs, which I do like. It would help if I has time for bkfast. Sat and Sun are the only days I get time for bkfast.

When I'm in Japan, the mother-in-law usually serves a "typical" Japanese breakfast consisting of cooked fish or salmon, rice, dried seaweed strips, miso soup with radish, clams, tofu, or crab, pickled vegetables, green tea/coffee, and maybe some toast if I still have room. Sometimes it will be the leftovers from the previous nights dinner, but always with miso soup and rice.

I could never take a raw egg in the morning, but I do enjoy a raw egg over gyu-don (beef bowl) or with sukiyaki.

Dutch Baka said:
MMM i want japanese breakfast.. nowadays i dont eat breakfast, because i am bad in waking up, and cant eat that early
I'm starting to lose my appetite early in the morning too, especially if I haven't been awake for a while, I would have a hard time eating a whole rice, miso soup and fish freakfast.
I don't understand how I could eat it so easily when I was in Japan.

i thought they have toast and fried eggs for breakfast .. :doubt:
i've never tried japanese traditional breakfast before,but i think i can handle miso soup and green tea,bout the eggs .. well .. no for raw eggs,but yes for onsentamago (it looks yummy!!) :smiling:

Back
Top Bottom