• Hate it

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Its okay

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Never tried

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters
Breakfast this morning
Rice and "KARASHI MENTAIKO" (salted cod roe with red pepper)

Fukuoka's best known omiyage (gourmet gift). The cod roe is pickled in hot paprika and let mature until it gains its mellow spicyness and the special flavor that turns on your appetite. It is now also used in combination with western foods like pasta or pizza.
The Official Guide to Fukuoka City - yokanavi.com

gins-1.jpg

I like the rice with nama tamago (raw egg) and shoyu for breakfast, too. Sometimes l like to add diced spring onion to it as well, or as someone else mentioned, some natto (which reminds me that I need to go to the store and buy some more).

But . . . well, sometimes I can be a big eater . . . and there is this bakery across the street from where I work. So sometimes after I get to work before my boss arrives I like to run across the street and get a croissant topped with sweet, cream cheese sauce made with diced peaches. I guess, then, I really have two breakfasts somedays . . . 😊

kokusu said:
I like the rice with nama tamago (raw egg) and shoyu for breakfast, too.
The very first (last?) symposium about the raw-egg-over-steamed-white-rice-for-breakfast topic held in this weekend in Shimane.
Half-done easy, in the heat of steamed rice, drool.

Link

I would love to try a traditional Japanese breakfast, but it would all have to be cooked because raw and undercooked foods make me extremely ill.

Doc 🙂

What's wrong with a cigarette and a cup of coffee?

It's always worked for me!

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停? :sorry:

Ya know, between reading this thread and watching them eat breakfast on my Patlabor dvds, I've really got to try it. Well, that and I'm tired of toast and oatmeal (and omletes) so a change would be nice ;)

I didn't know that rice, raw egg, and shoyu combined was considered the Japanese breakfast, but I have no problems eating it. I was thinking that the traditional Japanese breakfast was mora along the lines of what Pachipro was saying with the fried fish, miso shiru, rice, and okazu to go along with it. Either one is ok with me....

NATTO
More than 100 to stir NATTO
An amino acid and taste ingredients seem to increase.
Soy bean protein of fermented soybeans changes fat into energy
Soy bean SAPONIN reduces neutral fat

Moreover, it is also effective to cut fine finely and to mix.

DAIKONOROSHI AND NAMA TAMAGO
(Grated radish and a raw egg)
I put a NAMA TAMAGO(raw egg) in DAIKONOROSHI(grated radish) and wear soy sauce

DAIKONOROSHI
Grated radish helps digestion of food and has an effect on a person having weak stomach and a person of constipation in Ready intestines action of a dietary fiber.

A pungent condiment will be stopped if a fresh egg is put in, since DAIKON is somewhat hot.

Boiled rice should prepare a just made hot thing.
It parboils for a while with the heat of boiled rice.
To the extent that the white of an egg becomes white

God, I love your posts, Nagashima-san! 👍 👍

@Doc
All the posts here seem to include raw stuff, but you don't have to eat anything of this type to enjoy a traditional Japanese breakfast. There are many variations, and you can skip the raw or undercooked foods! 👍

Eggs sunny side up with rice, miso soup, and some salted pickles are also OK! :)

Sensuikan San said:
What's wrong with a cigarette and a cup of coffee?

It's always worked for me!

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停? :sorry:
If it is a good cup of coffee, then it really does work! 👍 <-- thought I'd try one of these emoticons, although I've been told I simply have no sense of how to use emoticons.

Tried miso soup once - still don't know if I liked it. Coffee and ciggy is usually my breakfast too. Sensuikansan - you wouldn't happen to be a shift-worker perchance.

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
Breakfast this morning
Rice and "KARASHI MENTAIKO" (salted cod roe with red pepper)
That was one of my favorite things to have with rice.
I could easily eat 2~3 bowls of rice with it.
It's also good in a pasta sauce.

It's really good, and actually a lot more diverse than you may think. just go to a onsen or ryokan, they will serve a lot of different dishes. mmm...

Ah, the irony of it all! When I still lived in the U.S., I had rice, salmon, and miso soup for breakfast. Now that I live in Japan, I often have cereal.

I make a smaller version of a Japanese breakfast at home when I feel like 'treating' myself. Though I admit I am very spoilt and prefer even though I live in Australia when I am staying at very exclusive Hotels that cater for Japanese clients to order it from room service. Nothing like the view of Sydney Harbour early in the morning and a Japanese breakfast beautifully presented . I think its not only good for me on occasion but make me feel like I own the world . I know I am strange.......smiles

I have been in Japan for a long time now, and I still think that US breakfast can't be beat. Orange Juice, Hashbrowns, Pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs! Coffee! COFFEE! Can't beat it.

Having said that. In the WINTER. In a cold morning. Miso Soup Rice and Fish I do like as a Japanese breakfast. I'll admit that. But usually if I have such a breakfast, I eat so much that I usually don't need lunch as well!

I like grilled Salmon and rice for breakfast in Japan... with salad.
Mmm or the big fat pieces of toast with a knob of butter yum yum!

In Korea I like Kimchi Jjigae and rice for breakfast... I have always liked hot breakfasts...

Must say after 10 months im not a big fan of oily breakfasts anymore.

Kara_Nari said:
I like grilled Salmon and rice for breakfast in Japan... with salad.
Mmm or the big fat pieces of toast with a knob of butter yum yum!
In Korea I like Kimchi Jjigae and rice for breakfast... I have always liked hot breakfasts...

MMM you know this sounds sooo good, especialy the Grilled Salmon, Kimchi I only like when it is prepared good... Last year I bought some Kimchi in china town, that was just bleh...

I just don't agree with eating raw eggs or raw meat, i also agree with Matadon about that kind of breakfast not having enough calories, i lift weights yes, but anyone would do better to eat more calories than that for breakfast because breakfast (breaking the fasting period of sleeping) is to give the body energy for the day, that meal sounds more suitable as a lunch (nutritionally). Most of the foods mentioned here are very good for any meal (nutrition and taste considered).

Wow, some people eat so much for breakfast?
Preparing breakfast means getting up earlier... so I don't eat breakfast, I wake up 15 minutes before I have to leave the house so I never eat in the morning

But if I do eat, I probably have toast or something simple
^.^ but a Japanese breakfast sounds really nice

Back
Top Bottom