What's new

9.0 Earthquake/Tsunami/Fukushima

guys , i feel that something wrong happening in the world start from tunisia and Egypt, Libya and Yemen and Iraq
-government launches poison gas on its own citizens in Yemen
-government of Iraq to shoot the citizens
-government of Libya is using the machine guns, aircraft and warships against its own people
-even Japan entered the war with nature
i think something big will happend in that world , and will see the new world after afew years after everything be done ...

undrentide , i am happy to see you all right

Last edited:
Thanks DB,Glad you,Mars Man and some Jref members are safe.

Edit: undrentide,Glad you are safe ...

I'm so glad that most friends I remember here who are in Japan now seem to be OK so far, Ill keep an eye on the thread until we've heard from the others.

I just checked my emails and I had a message from Mars Man too, thank goodness. I feel awful though for being relieved that all my friends are OK when so many others are not. I hope we hear from HnH soon :(

Again, great news! And don't feel bad please for worrying more about those you know personally - it's completely natural.

Glad to here that most Jref members are fine. Epigene has been giving updates on Facebook.
Is there still no word from HnH? Hope that it is only a problem getting onto a computer

Good to hear things are slightly starting to get back to 'normal' in Tokyo and surrounding prefectures. I could only imagine how chaotic it must have been in Tokyo with the whole transit system down..

I woke up yesterday seeing the images on tv and I was just heart broken. Somehow I kinda felt guilty for not being in Japan now, but it seems like the rescue teams are doing their job.

Most of my friends in Tokyo are doing ok. I'm just kinda worried about my friend's nice family that I stayed with a few days in Iwaki, Fukushima. That whole nuclear reactor thing scares the hell out of me..

It's great that they got on top of the Fukushima nuclear power plant situation as quickly as they did. Yes, the situation looks bad, but at least they evacuated a radius of 20 km around the plant. They'll be okay!

Glad to here that most Jref members are fine. Epigene has been giving updates on Facebook.
Is there still no word from HnH? Hope that it is only a problem getting onto a computer

I hope so too. :/

Thanks everyone - though I feel bad for feeling OK when so many people are suffering...

According to Tohoku Denryoku (Tohoku-Electric Power Co.,Inc), the whole area of Miyagi-ken including Sendai is having blackout.
緊急情報 | 東北電力
Phone/mobile connection is not good either, many people cannot contact their family.
I guess that HnH has no access to internet... and considering the situation in Tohoku region, there are a lot more things he needs to give priority than internet.
I hope he and his fellow students really are safe :unsure:

Thanks everyone - though I feel bad for feeling OK when so many people are suffering...

According to Tohoku Denryoku (Tohoku-Electric Power Co.,Inc), the whole area of Miyagi-ken including Sendai is having blackout.
緊急情報 | 東北電力
Phone/mobile connection is not good either, many people cannot contact their family.
I guess that HnH has no access to internet... and considering the situation in Tohoku region, there are a lot more things he needs to give priority than internet.
I hope he and his fellow students really are safe :unsure:

Indeed, there are obviously more pressing matters on his mind than getting online. I cannot imagine what the atmosphere is like in Myagi-ken. I'm hoping he is okay though, nobody is expecting him to get online anytime soon. Just some confirmation he's okay though, you know what I mean? :/

Does everyone believe the PR about the explosion at the nuclear plant being (relatively) harmless?

I'm very sad indeed to say I don't...

plz try to Publish this web sites
phil_save_logojpg1265945068-1.jpg

press her

press her

press her
viewimageId407-1.jpg

press her

Just terrible, watching the pictures on t.v. But i bet all the attention turns onto Fukishima now.....hopefully the Japanese will stop it before something really bad happens.

Even though I dont know many Jrefers in Japan, its with relief to hear that nothing has happend to most of them.

I have been following this news since yesterday morning (Friday) here. I really hope all of the JREF members are safe and I really really hope the casualty toll doesn't get any higher then it already is! :-(

I hope halfnhalf is ok, and any other unaccounted for members too!

Magnitude of the earthquake was re-calculated and corrected again.
It was 8.8M, now it is 9.0M. It is next to the Sumatra earthquake (9.1M) in which 220,000 people were killed mostly by the tsunami, according to the TV news I've just watched.

Update on the situation in Sendai:

Sendai will be out of power and water for the foreseeable future. No prospects of restoration anytime soon. The coastal part of the city has been devastated with tsunami, and hundreds of bodies killed in the tsunami washed ashore as of today. Police, rescue workers, etc., cannot reach the bodies because the location is still flooded (ground level sank approx. 70cm) and inaccessible.

As for the uni where HalfnHalf studies, the dorms and campuses are mostly higher up in elevation, in the hills, according to our veteran JREF member Toritoribe who is a graduate of the same uni. So, the chances are high that he is safe. He probably won't be able to get online for many days, maybe weeks. Anyway, I feel relieved and I just hope he got in touch with his family in the US.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know I'm OK. We got power back earlier and surprisingly internet as well. I'll have to digest this thread later because this is certainly a lot more information than I have gotten over the past few days. All we have are mostly rumors and speculation, but I do know a lot of people are being evacuated by their embassies.

Anyway, thanks for all the concern.

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know I'm OK. We got power back earlier and surprisingly internet as well. I'll have to digest this thread later because this is certainly a lot more information than I have gotten over the past few days. All we have are mostly rumors and speculation, but I do know a lot of people are being evacuated by their embassies.
OMG!! So, so glad to hear from you!! I'm just so happy! Your mom must be relieved! 😎😎

Dear Half-n-Half, I'm soooo glad to see you safe! *Big Hug*

According to the media, after shake of the scale up to 7.0M is still possible, so please do take care of yourself.

Info/news on the earthquake (in English)
Nikkei
http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/quakefallout.aspx
Japan Times
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/quake.html

List of
- safety confirmation system by mobile carries,
- donation
- info on electricity, gas, water, transportation, etc.
by Mainichi shinbun
http://mainichi.jp/select/jiken/graph/20110311lifeline/
(in Japanese language)

Hey everyone,

I'm super happy that you're okay, Half-n-Half! Let us know how it was for you when you're able to spare some time. Our thoughts are with you!

Before and After images of the devastation caused by the 9.0 magnitude earthquake & ensuing tsunami.

Minami-sanriku-cho in Miyagi Prefecture was one of the most devastated. To date, 10,000 of the 17,500 residents are unaccounted for, including the mayor and the town hall employees.
In this video, the tsunami rushes up the local stream and swallows up everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you are safe, HnH-san!🙂

epigene-san, "10,000 of the 17,500 residents are unaccounted for" is correct.;-)

Back
Top Bottom