What's new

kureru,morau,ageru

naark

先輩
22 Oct 2011
can anyone here explain me of how to use those words in tandem with verbs...
cause in anime i'm hearing morau and kureru in tandem with verbs...
like mitekureru...
when i googled it it shows that ageru has the same function as the two...
so can someone here explain to me of the proper usage of those words when they're added after a verb..
also when to use it and when not??

oopps another question..
is there other verbs that are added to verbs just like those 3??

Last edited:
See the thread linked below.
Please help me understand these two sentences! ~てもらう、~てくれる | Japan Forum

The verbs attached to the -te form of a verb are called 補助動詞[hojodoushi] "subsidiary verb" in Japanese grammar. There is another category 後項動詞[koukoudoushi] "second compound verb", which is attached to the -masu stem of a verb. Plus, some adjectives also perform the same rolls.

examples of subsidiary verbs/adjectives
iru, aru, iku, kuru, shimau, oku, yaru, miru, miseru, hoshii,,,

examples of second compound verbs/adjectives
hajimeru, dasu, tsuzukeru, owaru, oeru, yamu, sugiru, au, kakeru, komu, nasaru, kaneru, yasui, nikui, zurai, gatai, gachida,,,,

Grammatically, these verbs and adjectives can be considered a kind of auxiliary verb, since they lose the original meanings and/or can attach to many verbs relatively freely. Besides these ones, there are so many compound verbs that simply combines two verbs without changing the original meanings, just like yomimachigau(yomu "to read" + machigau "to make a mistake" = "misread"), kakiwasureru(kaku "to write" + wasureru "to forget" = "to forget to write").

Last edited:
@Toritoribe
thanks for the reply...
also i just want to add another question but this one
has nothing to do of the topic...
i just want to ask about how to conjugate
verbs or nouns to form words like these
iku = ichau, owari/owaru = owachai(non so sure of these one ,just heard it)
also the proper usage of adding the letter "N" like iin ja nai, fuzaken ja ne zo(this one kinda omitted the ru then added n)...
thanks
hope for the explanation of how to properly use those and whats its function....

行っちゃう[Icchau] is a colloquial form of 行ってしまう[itteshimau]. Similarly, 終わっちゃい[owacchai] is the -masu stem of 終わっちゃう. I can't think of any other examples than 終わっちゃいます(and its conjugated froms) for 終わっちゃい, though. 終わっちゃい is an incomplete word and doesn't make sense by itself.
終わっちゃう is from 終わる. Nouns never conjugate.

Those ん/の are from what's called the explanatry の.
Noun-related particles - Tae Kim's Japanese grammar guide

thanks for the reply...
on the owaru = owachai...
i reviewed and listened to where i heard it again and it said
"owachainai" i just thought its just owachai then nai(separate words)
just like mondai nai they're separate...
anyways i think its the negative of owachaimasu...
thank you...

No. 終わっちゃいない has nothing to do with 終わっちゃいます. That's a negative of 終わっている. Sorry, there's another possibility for 終わっちゃい. See the difference between the two words.

終わってしまう
casual
original form --> colloquial form
終わってしまう --> 終わっちゃう

polite
終わってしまいます --> 終わっちゃいます

casual negative
終わってしまわない --> 終わっちゃわない

polite negative
終わってしまいません --> 終わっちゃいません

終わっている
casual
終わっている --> 終わってる

polite
終わっています --> 終わってます

casual negative
終わっていない --> 終わってない

polite negative
終わっていません --> 終わってません

another casual negative
終わってはいない --> 終わっちゃいない

another polite negative
終わってはいません --> 終わっちゃいません

Thus, if it's a polite form 終わっちゃいません, it can be a negative of 終わってしまう. (These two 終わっちゃいません, the colloquial form of 終わってしまいません and the colloquial form of 終わってはいません, have different pitch accent, though. Further, 終わっちゃ from 終わっては is often pronounced 終わっちゃあ, like as 終わっちゃあいない and 終わっちゃあいません.)

Back
Top Bottom