Note that this thread was started 1873 days ago and might not be up-to-date anymore. Please consider creating a new thread before posting.

Thread: milk

先輩 Male
    Join Date Apr 1, 2009
    Location Singapore
    Posts 188
    Singapore

milk

国際交流パーティー
    Tokyo International Party

what's the difference between miruku, nyuujuu, gyuunyuu, and chichi?
    もちもちした食感 Male
    Join Date Feb 19, 2008
    Location Ashikaga, Tochigi
    Posts 2,197
    Japan-Tochigi
    what's the difference between miruku, nyuujuu, gyuunyuu, and chichi?
    I have never heard of "Nyuujuu". Could it be "nyuugyuu"? A nyuugyuu is a milk cow. Are you sure you spelled that right? As for the others,
    "miruku" is usually used for baby's formula (or cow's milk when used in coffe, tea and desserts), "gyuunyuu" is cow's milk and "chichi" mother's milk (human's as well as animals') in general as well as somewhat vulgar way of referring to female breasts.
    Take care of luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.
    My Blog
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Apr 1, 2009
    Location Singapore
    Posts 188
    Singapore
    i got nyuujuu from http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html, entering "milk" in the english search
    もちもちした食感 Male
    Join Date Feb 19, 2008
    Location Ashikaga, Tochigi
    Posts 2,197
    Japan-Tochigi
    i got nyuujuu from http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html, entering "milk" in the english search
    Oh, I see. 乳汁.... I have never heard of that word myself. 乳 means milk and 汁 means juice/liquid/soup, so I guess that's...milk. lol

Anyone familiar with that word? 
    Japa'n vagyok Female
    Join Date Jan 18, 2006
    Location Nowhere - Now here
    Posts 3,527
    Japan-Tokyo
    Oh, I see. 乳汁.... I have never heard of that word myself. 乳 means milk and 汁 means juice/liquid/soup, so I guess that's...milk. lol

Anyone familiar with that word? 
    I've never heard of it myself, either, even though it is found in a dictionary (大辞林).
    There seem to be three different pronunciation for 乳汁, chishiru, chichishiru and nyuujuu.

My answer to the OP is that nyuujuu is not a common word so stick to gyuunyuu and miruku and (o)chichi.
    *I love undrentide by Mediaeval Baebes*
    And here're my bloggies (JP) & (HU)