What's new

****** Co-Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
I'm kinda being screwed over by my co-workers. What is necessary to counter this is to let my boss know how they're dumping their shift's duties on me, distracting me during my shift, and other nonsense along those lines. I let my boss know once, and the co-worker screwing me over had his hours cut. Simply put? I don't want to do this! I DON"T.

What the F- do I do? I'm gonna make a list of everything I had to do from their shift and also of everything I did from my shift, and I pray that's enough to turn the tide in my favor, but I am growing very frustrated and I don't want someone to lose their job because I had to tell my boss the crap they're not doing, or how they're distracting me by coming in the middle of my shift and bugging me.

ADVICE, FOLKS? :(

Where do you work that people come in during their time off just to mess with you?

You asked for advice, but in the place of that I will offer an earthy observation about life, one which applies to a broad variety of situations:

THE ONLY WAY ANYBODY CAN SH!T ON YOU IS IF YOU HOLD STILL WHILE THEY DO IT

Try to keep that in mind. Your choices are to move (do something about it) or continue being sh!t upon.

And it is not up to you to facilitate the continued employment of incompetent slackers. You work for a business, not a social welfare agency.

Where do you work that people come in during their time off just to mess with you?

You asked for advice, but in the place of that I will offer an earthy observation about life, one which applies to a broad variety of situations:

THE ONLY WAY ANYBODY CAN SH!T ON YOU IS IF YOU HOLD STILL WHILE THEY DO IT

Try to keep that in mind. Your choices are to move (do something about it) or continue being sh!t upon.

And it is not up to you to facilitate the continued employment of incompetent slackers. You work for a business, not a social welfare agency.

That's a problem I have with this country, Mike Cash. Too many people aren't thinking about the welfare of others, thus creating this self-perpetuating concept of a welfare state. You'd think we would be able to actually help those who need it with the massive amount of money we should be bringing into our country's government, and yet we have a hard time creating a stable learning environment for our future leaders. No, this isn't a matter of my workplace being a social welfare agency or not. But, I am probably speaking a foreign language now. The first problem with this world is that we speak of it in the context of money. It's all nonsense.

I appreciate the fact that you took time out of your day to share this triangle, but does it apply to me? I come into work, their crap isn't done. I have to finish it before I can get started on my shift's tasks. I don't want to rat anyone out, as that mindset is still very much so prevalent. The best way I can go about this is to call them out on their crap, and if they repeat their slacking, it would be imperative for me to inform the manager. I would have given them an opportunity to correct their mistakes.

There is no rescuer, no victim, or villain. It's simple laziness, there need not be any drama attached to this.

I regret that you so thoroughly missed my point.

I regret that you so thoroughly missed my point.

I'm certainly moving, Mike Cash. I don't think that part of your reply warranted a response as it was so obvious. But okay! I missed your point, whatever.

Why don't you just work the other guy's shifts for him and send him the money?

Why don't you just work the other guy's shifts for him and send him the money?

Is there something wrong with not kicking someone when they're down? The guy is already on his way out, so I can't really see what the issue is with not crucifying him.

I thought my suggestion would fit your social sensibilities. The work gets done. He gets paid. He gets to keep his job. Wherein have I erred?

There is no rescuer, no victim, or villain. It's simple laziness, there need not be any drama attached to this.
Err, if you don't want to tell your boss for him having his hours cut, does that not make you the rescuer, which automatically makes you the victim? And at this stage of the game you seem to be playing a great part of a victim, coming on a forum and b!tching about co-workers shoving their work onto you. If you can't see that then there is nothing really that anyone can say to you to help with your situation, sorry.

Err, if you don't want to tell your boss for him having his hours cut, does that not make you the rescuer, which automatically makes you the victim? And at this stage of the game you seem to be playing a great part of a victim, coming on a forum and b!tching about co-workers shoving their work onto you. If you can't see that then there is nothing really that anyone can say to you to help with your situation, sorry.

It's been dealt with, at any rate. The guy had his hours cut and now I'm working crazy shifts. Working day and then night and repeat. Sucks working a day shift and then having to come in for the night shift the very next day, but it is what I do to earn money. :<

It's been dealt with, at any rate. The guy had his hours cut and now I'm working crazy shifts. Working day and then night and repeat. Sucks working a day shift and then having to come in for the night shift the very next day, but it is what I do to earn money. :<
Hey, I feel for you. Being that work is such a big part of anyones life, it can really get you down sometimes when things like this arise. I hope you get things sorted out so you are happy again (If you are not already).

I've determined that my workplace is one of the most unprofessional I've ever seen. My purpose at work is to do my job. It is not to take crap from my manager or overbearing, mentally challenged co-workers. Of course, all of this is merely suggesting I find another job. If only they were easier to come by at the moment. Corporations and their ilk will likely milk this "recession" until it becomes distasteful. That means hiring more people for less hours, ain't that great?

I was happier without this attachment to the material world. It only burdens me now. These shackles are not something I can cast away, are they? No, I must endure. ._.

I was happier without this attachment to the material world. It only burdens me now.

What does that mean in plain English? When Mama and Daddy paid for everything?

Or are you just fond of melodramatic turns of phrase?

What does that mean in plain English? When Mama and Daddy paid for everything?
Or are you just fond of melodramatic turns of phrase?

I'm a fan of "melodramatic turns of phrase", Mike Cash. I love working! I do. I just don't like the idiots who make asses out of themselves for cheap laughs. It's okay to not enjoy being sworn at in a retail environment, right Mike Cash? Maybe you come from another age, where civility in the workplace was laughable?

And you know what? Even when "mommy" and "daddy" were paying for "everything", I still worked my butt off around the house to earn what they gave me. Did you know I stopped attending college because my mom was having a nervous breakdown and I had to help with my younger siblings? Oh, and I was paying for that college, just for the record. Don't talk to me so condescendingly, Mike Cash. I have done nothing to you to earn that sort of crap.

My simple bit of advice is, go directly to the person who is bothering you. Explain to them that their behavior is counterproductive, not only for you and the company, but for them too.

good luck

Alright then, Drama King, when were you unburdened by this material world? All I asked you was what the heck you meant by that.

Alright then, Drama King, when were you unburdened by this material world? All I asked you was what the heck you meant by that.

I don't like having many possessions, Mike Cash. Our time on this Earth is fleeting and that makes us transitory. We are dead in the blink of an eye. This is not the life I want to live. I would much rather be a monk. The money I make from this job only holds me down. I don't want money, but in this situation, it is necessary, and it bothers me.

Money makes the world go round and all that, right?

My simple bit of advice is, go directly to the person who is bothering you. Explain to them that their behavior is counterproductive, not only for you and the company, but for them too.
good luck

Believe it or not, that was the first thing I did. My request went ignored. These are frustrations that I deal with when I go into work. Easily handled but oh so convoluted with bullshit.

I sympathize, It has happened to me before, and I am sure it will again. When I am in such situations I try to treat it as a simple opportunity to help me learn to be patient. (note: despite my extreme pessimistic view on most of the world, I tend to be quite optimistic about my situation in life.)

If you would much rather be a monk then go be a monk. The only person stopping you is you. There are monks in the world, some number of which no doubt overcame some obstacles to enter the monastic life, so let's not hear excuses about how your situation is different.

Of course, if you only meant you'd like to sit around and contemplate your navel while somebody else pays to feed you, then go on welfare.

If you would much rather be a monk then go be a monk. The only person stopping you is you. There are monks in the world, some number of which no doubt overcame some obstacles to enter the monastic life, so let's not hear excuses about how your situation is different.

Of course, if you only meant you'd like to sit around and contemplate your navel while somebody else pays to feed you, then go on welfare.

I not once said my situation was different from anyone else's, unless explaining one's situation/an aspect of is an admission that one thinks theirs is different by some crazy Mike Cash logic.

I not once said my situation was different from anyone else's, unless explaining one's situation/an aspect of is an admission that one thinks theirs is different by some crazy Mike Cash logic.

Never said you did. You're driving up the price of straw men considerably, you know.

So why aren't you a monk?

Could try a monk like job ?

You could try being a home care person. You work alone out on the edge; kind of your own boss. The pay is pitiful , probably less than a monk makes , LOL. You pray a lot ! Pray your patient doesn't die while you are with him. Pray he doesn't fall and pray you don't pull or strain something so you can't work. The benefits are , you sleep good nights , knowing you are helping someone who needs help baddly. Keeping a person in their own home and out of the nurseing home or hospital seems like something a kindly monk might do. Lord knows, we sure need more people in the homecare field with our ageing population.

Uncle Frank

:?

I just pray he will learn how to give direct answers to direct questions rather than use them as springboards to launch straw men on tangents that read like Zen riddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom