What's new

Indian Curry or Japanese Curry?

Do you prefer Indian Curry or Japanese karee ?

• Indian

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Both equally

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Don't know, never tried one or both

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
Hands down, no contest, Indian curry! I love the stuff. It's gotta be spicy. Japanese curry isn't very spicy and is too bland. I turn my nose up to it. But I found a really good Indian buffet in Yokohama.

Indian curry rules. Especially with some nan (is that how you spell it?), tandori chicken, mutton, yogurt, samosas... *drool*

I like both...I don't eat curry that much and do not have any preference of different curry dishes...as long as it is not too hot that I have to drink pints of water all the time.. :D

Indian curry , as an brit indian curry is much more avaible. So i cant really judge, but i love indian curry it be hard to beat it

I like both.

In fact, I'll be having katsu curry tonight, which is tonkatsu on rice with curry sauce poured over it. So yummy... :gohan:

Indian curry. Real authentic one is the best.

Japanese curry I know comes in a box that has tons of additive in it.

It's funny because Indian curry and naan was HUGE in Japan when I was last there (this time, last year). They had a naan bread sandwich, and there were curry joints all over the place. I'm a fan of both (it really depends on what you feel like), though I'd say CoCo's curry is as spicy as any Indian style I ever had. Anyone try the curry challenge? It's only a kg of curry rice. 👍

Maciamo said:
I have added the necessary poll. :)

I like both equally.

Thanks Mac for that. :) I tried to edit my initial post because I wanted to add the poll, but the thing didn't allow me. :eek:

You can't compare between those.
Indian curries are far more advanced.

I personally hate curry, and they are my least favorite.

But Japanese curry? Please don't ask. Makes me sick

Indian curries get way too spicy, i mean, i can eat lots of spicy food, but some of those curries although nice have... unpleasant side effects.

Indian curries might be more advanced because, if i am correct, the japanese didnt really eat meat 'til the late 19th century, so had less time to develop them.

Both equally. Indian curry is much more advanced and comes in so many different variations, but the japanese curry has it's own qualities. I wouldn't want to choose as I am big curry-fan.

Both!

Japanese curry isn't real curry, in my book, but that doesn't stop it from being tasty. I LOVE Coco ichiban's curry! I like how you can order different levels of spice. Sadly, all they do is just add more hot peppers. (The taste just gets blander the higher you go.)

Once again you guys have lost me--what is the difference between the various types of curry?

I've been buying some curry sauce that I use alot in my cooking (I practically live of of it), but I've noticed that it's much different than what I get at the Thai restaraunt down the street--and I don't think I've ever been to an Indian resteraunt before so...

Brooker said:
Hands down, no contest, Indian curry! I love the stuff. It's gotta be spicy. Japanese curry isn't very spicy and is too bland. I turn my nose up to it. But I found a really good Indian buffet in Yokohama.
Same here. I love spicy stuff, and the Japanese one is much too bland.

I prefer Japanese curry. It doesn't taste anything like Indian curry--which is good, because I can't eat Indian curry! It makes my stomach hurt.

However, when it comes to katsu, I'd rather just have my tonkatsu rice plate with no curry. My husband, though, is a kareraisu fanatic.

Japanese curry is darker in curry and taste a bit sweet! Indian curry can be spicy but salty! I prefer indian curry!! Taste nice especially with prata!

Hmm, then I think it's japanese curry I've been buying...

...I guess I haven't had Indian curry yet, but I do prefer the kind I've been getting over the stuff from the Thai resteraunt. Thai curry is good, but the stuff I cook with is richer and has a very "filling" aspect to it. Just rice and some of this curry sauce can keep you going for quite a while.

I like Indian curry. 👍
When I make curry, I use roux of "house India curry". 😌
Please try to eat curry of "Nakamuraya" of Shinjuku. 🙂
I want you to eat Japanese "curry udon" and "curry bread".
I ate "curry bread" in lunch well. 😊

Reiku said:
Once again you guys have lost me--what is the difference between the various types of curry?

I've been buying some curry sauce that I use alot in my cooking (I practically live of of it), but I've noticed that it's much different than what I get at the Thai restaraunt down the street--and I don't think I've ever been to an Indian resteraunt before so...
Hmm...from my understanding Indian curry tends to be on the runny side and much spicier. Whereas Japanese curry is thicker and milder. Thai curry usually contains coconut milk, lemongrass, shallots, garlic and onion. It sometimes doesn't contain curry powder at all.

Back
Top Bottom