What's new

Himuro mansion ( i know its fake i was wondering)

hikothedarkwolf

Demon King Of Wolves
2 May 2009
ok there has to be some influence that made this story about himuro mansion if it was entirely made up with no outside influence what so ever well thats a little hard to believe anyway i was wondering if anyone knew what it was based off of like any mansion or haunting from what i heard its something like grizzly murders in a mansion not sure though ( i know its dead im sorry for bringing it up i just have a real interest in Japanese horror myth and such)

Himuro mansion? Are we supposed to know what you're talking about?

I don't think so, nice gaijin. I had to do a little googling myself. It is obviously an urban myth made popular by a Japanese horror video game ツ「窶氾ォ~zero~ツ」(aka FATAL FRAMEツ). Here is the thing. Upon its English version's release in the US, the US producers tacked on a tag line "based on a true story", which does not appear in the original Japanese version. Anyway, it is an American-born urban myth, and we were not totally out of the loop for not having had heard of it.

Here is a site that talks about the myth.

Himuro Mansion had been a hot topic when I joined here in 2004, started by some person who maniacally claimed to be a Himuro descendant. The thread is in the archives, but I won't bring it up, since the delusions in the posts will make people who don't know real Japanese history to jump in and believe in the claim.

From what I know, it appears to be a game involving grisly sacrificial rites, murdering family members and others. Somewhere in the game, there is a claim that it is based on historical truth.

Himuro is just a regular Japanese name and is not an important family name in Japanese history. There is no ritual killing tradition in Japan--only killings by psychopathic or vengeful murderers, just as in any other country.

There had been incidents of whole families killed in Japan's warring period, but that was done to root out anyone carrying the blood to make sure that descendants won't take revenge. No ritualistic meaning. I'm pretty sure such family killings occurred in ancient and medieval European history as well.

Coming to Himuro Mansion, there is no such mansion. Not a single trace, both geographically and historically. I have a feeling the story was concocted by using European gothic horror stories and transplanting the satanic rituals in Japan, creating fake traditions in the plot.

So, enjoy the game if you like it, but don't be led to believe unfounded claims. :)

yeah i know

yeah i know that the mansion it self is fake and that Himuro is a normal name but i was wondering if they knew where the story came from if it was based on anything at all not the himuro mansion itself but some events that may have occured to influence something of that magnitude mainly i want to know what causes someone to make a story that good

yeah i know that the mansion it self is fake and that Himuro is a normal name but i was wondering if they knew where the story came from if it was based on anything at all not the himuro mansion itself but some events that may have occured to influence something of that magnitude mainly i want to know what causes someone to make a story that good

How about a marketing team at an American video game company coming up with an elaborate "back story" for a Japanese horror game? In this age of blogs and internet forums, it is not that hard for a story to spread like a wild fire.

lol

lol alright alright i see your point i guess i didnt explain what i meant throughly enough i meant like ok a writer usually finds inspiration in some truth i was just trying to see what thing sparked such a good and elaborate story really is all but thanks anyway i think its quite possible that the creator just came up with everything on his on which i tip my hat to him on this one sorry for bringing up something so old i was just really curouis about it is all

it's funny, I just heard about that mansion (and this forum) for the first time today, when I was googling around for Japanese haunted places. I was just starting to get interested when I realized it was an urban legend and the place is nowhere to be found. Disappointing. I just finished reading the nutty 2004 thread and it was funny to see it still being discussed in a current one.

I have to admit I don't really believe in ghosts and I've never seen one, even in Okinawa and Hiroshima. But I still love a good ghost story.

yeah its the same thing for me i mean i do believe in ghost lol i just wanted to know if there was any at all truth to the story wether the mansion had some tie to a real one or a real killing that just this was based loosely on

How do you know of this Michaelis? Its extremely hard to find urban myths and legends within Japanese folklore let alone the "Himuro Mansion"...

Only things I have found is stories from Okinawa and The games building structure looks as though it was based around Himeji Castle.

I know its grim, but would have been a very intriguing find if it were all true ^^

isnt it based off an urban legend of a haunted mansion not far from Tokyo? thats what i heard

Back
Top Bottom