What's new

How difficult is to win the Monbusho Undergrad Scolarship?

Adrisim

後輩
9 Sep 2011
Hi!, I'm new.
I don't know if this have been posted yet but I really need to some of you help me trough this. Lots of doubts have came to my mind since I heard about MEXT Undergrad-Scolarship.
It would be usefull any info you could share to me.

Interview: I've heard this is the tricky part of the embassy process, there's 100% chance of winning by making a good impression here. Is it true? What is it about? How many time does it last?

Exam: I'm from Mexico City. Any kind of sample exam questions are available at the embassy or anywhere? Costs?. Would be nice if anyone who already is sponsored by a MEXT Scolarship give a few tips about this part of the process.

Thank you all. Apreciate your help.

In Indonesia, undergrad MEXT scholarship (for bachelor degree) is freakin difficult.
Only the brightest and the smartest among applicant will pass all the process (interview, test).
As far as I know, less than 3 people each year will be sent to Japan through this.

me too i'm very interested in the MONBUKAGAKUSHO scholarship , I've heard that it's really freaking hard for undergraduates especially the Japanese exam and the interview ( this is really breaking my dreams :'( ) good luck to everyone may god help us all :)

Undergrad scholarship for Indonesian

In Indonesia, undergrad MEXT scholarship (for bachelor degree) is freakin difficult.
Only the brightest and the smartest among applicant will pass all the process (interview, test).
As far as I know, less than 3 people each year will be sent to Japan through this.
Really? What's the factor that makes it's so difficult? I thought the tests are all the same all over the world? Or are they different?
I live in Indonesia and I planned to take for Undergrad Scholarship, for the next term, and I really hope I could get it.
Well, I have some friends who'd been accepted and now studying in Japan, but all of them i know took College of Tech Program
So if there are any Senpai who'd been to Japan by Undergrad MEXT Scholarship, I would be so happy if they can tell their stories here
Thx :)

see,
the one tht freakin difficult is for bachelor degree, not for college of tech program. CMIIW.
As far as I know, every year, for bachelor degree program, there re not more than 3 people are accepted. While for college of tech program, there are more...way...more.

I think the test wont be so much different from country to country,
but what makes it different is the toughness of the competition. The more candidates apply, the more difficult it will be. The more brilliant the candidates are, the higher the standard they (embassy) will apply.

Oh, yes I know the college of Tech program is way more 'easier' than undergrad.. But I cant apply for College of tech, since there arent field of study that suits my field of study.

But from what I see at Embassy of Japan in Indonesia website, there are about 8 students who got MEXT scholarship for Undergrad... that was last year's result.

How about you? Have you already got a scholarship? or are you going to apply?

I got MEXT scholarship by university recommendation for integrated doctoral degree.
in fact im going to Tokyo tomorrow :)

Oh, yes I know the college of Tech program is way more 'easier' than undergrad.. But I cant apply for College of tech, since there arent field of study that suits my field of study.
But from what I see at Embassy of Japan in Indonesia website, there are about 8 students who got MEXT scholarship for Undergrad... that was last year's result.
How about you? Have you already got a scholarship? or are you going to apply?
unfortunately, the info provided there was outdated
last year, only 3 people who managed to get the Undergraduate Program
Initially, there are 8 people who won the College of Technology Scholarship, but one of them withdraw him/herself so there's just 7 (D3)

It used to be 8 person for Undergraduate, but the competition is getting tougher. I wish there will be more people who win this scholarship later as this is my second effort in applying monbusho 👍

I got MEXT scholarship by university recommendation for integrated doctoral degree.
in fact im going to Tokyo tomorrow :)

Wow! Nice :D Good luck for you!

unfortunately, the info provided there was outdated
last year, only 3 people who managed to get the Undergraduate Program
Initially, there are 8 people who won the College of Technology Scholarship, but one of them withdraw him/herself so there's just 7 (D3)

It used to be 8 person for Undergraduate, but the competition is getting tougher. I wish there will be more people who win this scholarship later as this is my second effort in applying monbusho 👍

The info I read was the result, how can the number o person be reduced? Or maybe they withdraw themselves? But that's so strange,

Anyway, whatever happens, I want to try getting it :)
So next your you will apply too?

Last edited:
The info I read was the result, how can the number o person be reduced? Or maybe they withdraw themselves? But that's so strange,
Anyway, whatever happens, I want to try getting it :)
So next your you will apply too?
no one knows the answer. Btw it sounds to me that you misunderstood the whole situation
so for Undergrads there's only 3, and for College of Technology 8 person were initially shortlisted, however one of them withdraw him/herself.
it's not like there's 8 person made it for the UG scholarship and only 3 person who take it. For some info about the reduction, you could take a look at "2011 MEXT scholarship budget 10% reduced and scholarship students 11% reduced" thread
and i do agree that it's still worth trying. Btw i've applied for the year of 2012. All i have to do now is patiently wait while doing my current UG.

no, it's not that misunderstood the situation, I've just checked the data, from the japanase embassy in indonesia website
you can try visit the site, it's not very uptodate, but at least they've got the data...

Well, thank you all. Any way, I've made my decision and I won't apply. I've decided to study another thing, so I rather to stay here and do it for good.

Besides I'll be studying French, German, Italian, Arabic, Latin and Classic Greek for the next 7 years so I won't be able to apply for any scolarship at the moment. Maybe when I finished college (Grad).

I wish you all luck, may your dreams come true. Japan will be stay there forever and so do we.

My dreams ended here, and began some new. (I wanna be an Egyptologist) ¡Wish me luck!

Well, thank you all. Any way, I've made my decision and I won't apply. I've decided to study another thing, so I rather to stay here and do it for good.
Besides I'll be studying French, German, Italian, Arabic, Latin and Classic Greek for the next 7 years so I won't be able to apply for any scolarship at the moment. Maybe when I finished college (Grad).
I wish you all luck, may your dreams come true. Japan will be stay there forever and so do we.
My dreams ended here, and began some new. (I wanna be an Egyptologist) ¡Wish me luck!

Good luck for you! Hope you'll be successful

Back
Top Bottom