Note that this thread was started 1326 days ago and might not be up-to-date anymore. Please consider creating a new thread before posting.

Thread: Past 1st Screening + Got University of Fukui Acceptance Letter

先輩 Male
    Join Date Sep 7, 2010
    Location Fukui
    Age 28
    Posts 75
    Japan-Fukui

Post Past 1st Screening + Got University of Fukui Acceptance Letter

国際交流パーティー
    Tokyo International Party

Hi all

I'm an Iraqi guy living in the United Arab Emirates. Graduating from the College Computer Engineering, I've thought about pursuing post-graduate studies in an Asian country.
    Since my first choice was Japan, due to many social and economic factors , I started making some relationships with some Arab researchers in the University of Fukui, Robotics and Biotechnology Division. The gave me multiple tests and I could convince them that, as a software developer with more than 6 years of experience, I can help them implementing advanced simulation for their robotic researches.
    By May 2010, I applied through the Japanese Embassy in Iraq, sending all the required documents in addition to my graduation project abstract, a prospected research that I have made and a letter from that team stating that I've been working with them for some time.
    I was called by the beginning of June and then proceeded to the interview in the embassy which I attended by the beginning of July. After attending the English and Japanese tests (I didn't write anything in the Japanese test ), I had the interview with the friendly Japanese staff. In a matter of one week, I had an email with a scanned copy of the Preliminary Screening Acceptance Letter. Then I applied to the University of Fukui, since I've been already working with them for sometime. I submitted their Acceptance Letter by mid August and then I was informed to wait up to the end of January 2011 for the final approval.
    I've always read that it is very hard to wait for all this period, but unfortunately I have no other option.
    At the end, I'm a bit optimistic about the result, since from 18 applicants they selected only 3! It is expected that from the 3 they will select two. With all the documents I've sent, I think that I have a very good chance to get the scholarship.
    Hope to see you there soon

Btw, what do you think about that city/university?
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Dec 5, 2007
    Location Tokyo, born in Kyoto
    Posts 1,264
    Japan-Tokyo
    Btw, what do you think about that city/university?
    Fukui is north of Kyoto, facing Sea of Japan. It is a rural area of Japan but famous for agriculture, typically paddy rice, as well as fishery industry. In summer, very hot and humid, but in winter very cold with lots of snow.

It must be 100% different from Iraq, but it is good to see different world once in your life.
    Before coming to Japan, you must study some basic Japanese, otherwise you cannot enjoy daily life.

Good luck.
    Life is beach, not B**ch.
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Sep 7, 2010
    Location Fukui
    Age 28
    Posts 75
    Japan-Fukui
    Thank you for the reply
    I don't know what you know about Iraq, but this pic:
    farm3.static.flickr.com/2179/2089996496_ec4c5a2096.jpg

I think it kinds of proofs hat we don't live in a desert
    Hehehe...
    Anyways, I have two parts that I want to know about:
    1- University of Fukui:
    Does it have a good faculty? Good resources?
    Is it ultra-strict?
    Is its certificate attested around the world?
    How is the accommodation there?
    2- Life in Fukui:
    I'm so used to urban life. In fact, I'm living in the United Arab Emirates, which is one of the richest Middle East countries (Dubai, anyone?)
    I'm used to going around the malls, tourism sites and clubs with my car all week long. Like having wild parties and indulge in western culture thingies. ABSOLUTELY love gadgets. Do they have any gadget shops in Fukui?
    What about job opportunities?
    I know for a fact the I'm a PRO in my work (software development). I've been able to easily get a well paying job in the three countries I've lived in. Can I get a good part time job in Fukui?
    I'm not that guy that will work as a cashier or in customer service
    To some up everything, I want to say that I'm so extreme in whatever I do: work hard, study hard, and enjoy very very hard. Can I do that in Fukui?
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Dec 5, 2007
    Location Tokyo, born in Kyoto
    Posts 1,264
    Japan-Tokyo
    1- University of Fukui:
    Does it have a good faculty? Good resources?
    Is it ultra-strict?
    Is its certificate attested around the world?
    How is the accommodation there?
    I have no idea. Please visit the website http://www.fukui-u.ac.jp/eng/

2- Life in Fukui:
    I'm so used to urban life. In fact, I'm living in the United Arab Emirates, which is one of the richest Middle East countries (Dubai, anyone?)
    I'm used to going around the malls, tourism sites and clubs with my car all week long. Like having wild parties and indulge in western culture thingies. ABSOLUTELY love gadgets. Do they have any gadget shops in Fukui?
    What about job opportunities?
    I know for a fact the I'm a PRO in my work (software development). I've been able to easily get a well paying job in the three countries I've lived in. Can I get a good part time job in Fukui?
    I'm not that guy that will work as a cashier or in customer service
    To some up everything, I want to say that I'm so extreme in whatever I do: work hard, study hard, and enjoy very very hard. Can I do that in Fukui?
    I'm sure there must be shopping centers in Fukui or near Fukui univ., but must be smaller than Dubai Mall.
    Regarding job, you better focus on study at Fukui Univ. rather than part-time job.
    CizgiliPijama Male
    Join Date Jul 20, 2010
    Location Ankara
    Age 25
    Posts 41
    Turkey
    Yeah, you should improve your japanese before you go job-hunting, especially if you want a high-grade job Its somewhat hard to communicate with japanese in english
    Last edited by Ather; Sep 8, 2010 at 00:29. Reason: misspelling
    In LuLz We Trust
    Monbusho Stubborn Fighter Female
    Join Date Apr 30, 2007
    Location under the rainbow
    Posts 131
    Argentina
    good luck!!! =D
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Sep 7, 2010
    Location Fukui
    Age 28
    Posts 75
    Japan-Fukui
    I have no idea. Please visit the website fukui-u.ac.jp/eng/]
    I've already visited that website
    I'm sure there must be shopping centers in Fukui or near Fukui univ., but must be smaller than Dubai Mall.
    Hehe
    You are right
    What about bars, bands, and gadgets?
    What about the roads at night? Are they empty?
    Regarding job, you better focus on study at Fukui Univ. rather than part-time job.
    Thanks for the advice
    I've been working since I was in secondary school. I've never had any problem in practicing both of them
    Yeah, you should improve your japanese before you go job-hunting, especially if you want a high-grade job Its somewhat hard to communicate with japanese in english
    You are right. However, my job does not include a lot of interaction. I can always do software development from the house and have a very limited number of meetings.
    good luck!!! =D
    Thnx
    To be frank with you, I'm thinking of spending my life in Japan
    I could get a decent master degree here or in the UK, but the main reason I applied to the Monbukagakusho is that I really want to live and work there as a researcher
    先輩 Male
    Join Date Sep 7, 2010
    Location Fukui
    Age 28
    Posts 75
    Japan-Fukui
    come on
    you are the only kind people in the world that can give me those information