What's new

qns on mext 2013 (undergrad), pls help (:

ashiya

後輩
25 Dec 2011
hi, i have this qns that keeps bugging me.

when they ask you to fill in the application form, you need to type in your academic achievements, right?
so, when they are screening the documents, do they only choose ppl who got straight A's?
like, as long as the person gets one B, he/she will be kicked out?:?
it seems that the criteria is rather strict.

and also, if he/she managed to go to the second round, which is the written examination, do they have a basic minimum mark for all subjects?
cos i plan to study language and linguistics(which is what im currently studying), so math grade seems less impt to me as compared to the languages. so will they take what you want to study into consideration when choosing, or will they just choose you based on overall results, eg an average % of 75?

thank you so much in advance!🙂

i'll tell you that i am in no way a straight A student and that bombed the math portion of the exam.
still, i'm going to japan in april, so take that as you will.
i applied for sociology, history, and literature btw.

ahhh, thanks a lot, uruwa! :)
this really made me feel more at ease. haha.
cos the jap embassy lady told me only 3 out of 30 ppl were chosen last year.
so i was like O_O
my math is really bad. (although this is w/o studying), will work on it.
may i know which uni youre entering?
haha sry i like to get to know ppl better. :)

oh and, sry if i ask too much qns, but,
how was the interview?
like..will it be fine if the way you answered just affirmed that you have a certain definite goal and youre determined to work towards it?
like show them your determination and you'll be fine? haha.

thanks a lot!!

haha i don't know which uni i'm entering yet. i'll probably know in february.

as for the interview, yes i believe it's really important to show that you have a definite goal and are determined.

also, do you know how to speak japanese? they give you a one year preparatory course as you will likely be required to take the same entrance exam as japanese applicants to whichever uni you're being sent to. but from my personal experience, one year is not often enough to become that good in japanese. the more japanese you know, the more likely you are to pass the entrance exam after the preparatory course, and also the more likely you will be awarded the scholarship. the japanese government will prefer you to someone who might not learn japanese soon enough.

ah, thanks a lot!

and congratulations!! :)
i hope i can go there in 2013:)
its really my lifelong dream.

hmm i learned jap on my own..and my sch teacher who took japanese in uni last time is lending me her notes..
but im gonna take the JLPT next yr..
cos if not, theres really no way to prove that you know japanese.
unless you speak in it to the examiners, which requires a N2 i guess.
haha.
is there a better chance if i passed JLPT N4?
cos im gonna take it next yr, since i missed it this year due to me being overseas.
or if you show them you got some linguistic talent by getting A's in languages? HAHA.

Back
Top Bottom