What's new

Sophia & Ritsumeikan Uni

Chronophobic

Registered
19 Aug 2014
Hello everyone.
My "nayami" in this thread is fairly similar with a lot of other highschool/grad students who post on this forum, "Can I get into ____ University?". I'm a Korean citizen who's been living in Japan for almost a decade but have been studying under a US education system in an international school in Kyoto . Prior to Japan, I've lived in Canada and the Philippines (never entered the Korean education system). I'd always planned on moving to the US for college but about three months ago, in the time frame I was supposed to send my college deposit, I began having doubts. Japan is a marvelous country and instead of moving to the US I chose to forfeit all my acceptance for a chance to study in this country for a bit longer. I've been going to an international college linked with my high school for a trimester now and I'm planning on applying for April 2015 admissions to Sophia, Ritsumeikan, and Doshisha as a freshman (yes, a full year behind). I understand that international student acceptance rates are extremely low in Japanese universities but I want to give it a shot anyhow. I just wanted to see the communes thoughts regarding my chances.
My TOEFL and SAT scores were 110 and 1810 (Reading: 610, Math: 680, Writing: 520; yes, I hate writing xD) respectively, while my high school GPA was a 3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
If only it were so. In 2008, Ritsueikan University had a international student body of 3.1%, I highly doubt it has changed much. Not to mention, they only accept about 100 or so students per year. You might be thinking of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Oita. The university I mention is the Kyoto branch and not the Oita branch. (Both are a part of Ritsumeikan Academy)
Anyhow, thank you for your reply.

Hi there I am currently at Rits as researcher and I have heard that from next year they will start a new program which aims at bringing more international students (especially Asian) to Rits. I suggest that you contact that admission office and ask them directly.
Good luck.

Hello everyone.
My "nayami" in this thread is fairly similar with a lot of other highschool/grad students who post on this forum, "Can I get into ____ University?". I'm a Korean citizen who's been living in Japan for almost a decade but have been studying under a US education system in an international school in Kyoto. Prior to Japan, I've lived in Canada and the Philippines (never entered the Korean education system). I'd always planned on moving to the US for college but about three months ago, in the time frame I was supposed to send my college deposit, I began having doubts. Japan is a marvelous country and instead of moving to the US I chose to forfeit all my acceptance for a chance to study in this country for a bit longer. I've been going to an international college linked with my high school for a trimester now and I'm planning on applying for April 2015 admissions to Sophia, Ritsumeikan, and Doshisha as a freshman (yes, a full year behind). I understand that international student acceptance rates are extremely low in Japanese universities but I want to give it a shot anyhow. I just wanted to see the communes thoughts regarding my chances.
My TOEFL and SAT scores were 110 and 1810 (Reading: 610, Math: 680, Writing: 520; yes, I hate writing xD) respectively, while my high school GPA was a 3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Thank you in advance.

Any reason in particular to choose those universities? How is your Japanese level? Could you study in Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom