What's new

University exchange student wanting to study in Japan.

lokidrae

後輩
9 Oct 2008
Hello.
I'm a university student studying in the UK and my course programme allows me to go abroad as an exchange student to a number of universities worldwide for a year. Luckily my university has links to a Japanese university called Akita International University. Since I am most interested in spending my second or third year studying in Asia, Japan really appeals to me. However, I've been doing a bit of digging around and trying to find as much information as I can about Akita International University and so far I'm getting mixed reviews. The university seems to be getting alot of bad press but also alot of people are saying that it's quite good. I would be really grateful if you could shed some light upon this topic and if you could give me your own or other people's opinions about the university and as to why it seems to be on a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs. Any information given would be really appreciated. Thanks. :)

Aktia Intl University

Hi,

So, you're only allowed to go to the schools that have relation to your university in UK?

It is very hard to tell which universities are good or not...national universities are usually good. But very few private universities are considered good.

Akita is located in Northern part of main land Japan. If you're interested in seeing Metropolitan cities like Tokyo or Osaka, things may be a little difficult for you in Akita. Plus, it gets quite cold there.

If you have a choice to go to univerisities in other cities. you may wanna try other schools in Tokyo area. Japanese government is eager to get students from foreign countries. It might be just easier to come on your own.

If I can ask, why are you so interested in coming to Japan??

Back
Top Bottom