1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Food vs. Japanese Food

Discussion in 'Japanese Food & Recipes' started by Koji, Apr 16, 2002.

?
  1. Chinese!

50 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. Japanese!

77 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Both!

127 vote(s)
    49.4%
  4. I hate both... -.-

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Lina Inverse

Lina Inverse Sempai

Ok, I'll take a look at the gallery. Why did you change your avatar back? The angel avatar looked so good :(
    We have all the Kellogs stuff over here as well, so I don't need to buy vastly overpriced imports for that. I already tried once one of their cereal bars (the Frosted Flakes one), but I wasn't exactly thrilled... :embarrased:
    Never heard of General Mills though...

2. kirei_na_me

kirei_na_me Where I'm Supposed to Be

Well, I put the angel as my profile picture. Got a little self-conscious about it, I guess. Anyway, that's my eye over there, so....

Do you all have cereals like Cheerios over there? If so, that's General Mills. And I wouldn't think the Frosted Flake ones would be too good either. Too much sweet for my taste.

3. Gaki

Gaki Emperor Gakihito

I eat chicken feet, it's delicious. :cool:

4. yimija

yimija Now it's me

chicken feet...

no it's full of soft bones and gelatine. Yech-Yech for me, but that's only my point of view. Some will drive miles to eat chicken feet. I'll stay home and read a book, even if I'm starved....
    lovely week to you & familly

5. Dream Time

Dream Time Sempai

I hate chicken feet

6. yimija

yimija Now it's me

we understand

yes, specially if you have to walk long distance with them....

7. Dream Time

Dream Time Sempai

you can go to a Chinese restaurant and see some people eating chicken feet

I never liked chicken feet though,I think I have never tried it and never will.

some Chinese people also eat pig's feet,
    they say it helps to make your feet get stronger
    again,I think I have never tried it and never will.

fortunately I don't have chicken feet :embarrased:

but there is a basketball player Keon Clark,he has chicken feet but he jumps so high ,explosive

8. yimija

yimija Now it's me

chicken feet

LOL, you are funny ! Well I dont walk around with chicen feet neither, but I can jump and run all right !!!

9. Golgo_13

Golgo_13 先輩

I once asked a chicken

"Hey, do you have a comb I can borrow?" :D

10. Lina Inverse

Lina Inverse Sempai

I once asked a chicken

"Why did you cross the street?" :D

11. amerikanized

amerikanized 後輩

i definitely favor japanese food over chinese. chinese food in a restaurant has too many vegetables mixed in with the meat...unaceptable to a carnivore such as myself. although when it comes to satisfying a voracious appetite, i'll certainly go to a chinese buffet. i've never seen a japanese buffet restaurant.

some Chinese people also eat pig's feet,
    they say it helps to make your feet get stronger
    again,I think I have never tried it and never will.

pig's feet is actually very tasty if prepared right. my mother used them to make a soup stock, getting one of the feet was a treat. however, in north carolina there were convenience stores that sold pickled pig's feet out of huge jars sitting on the counters. i never acquired a taste for those.

12. bossel

bossel Sempai

Same goes for chicken feet. I tried them twice, the 1st time it was not too good but the 2nd time really tasty.

13. thomas

thomas Unswerving cyclist
    Admin

I had chicken legs for the first time two weeks ago.

Conclusio: as with French escargot, it's the sauce that makes the rhythm. Very healthy.

:victory:

Attached Files:

14. canadian_kor

canadian_kor Thrill Seeker

Gosh, is this even up for debate? Japanese food all the way!

15. ElleN

ElleN 先輩

I like the sushis and the nems.
    I like much to eat with rods, that changes our forks...

16. misa.j

misa.j Sempai
    Donor

The amount of the food you get and prices are not even comparison between Chinese and Japanese food in the U.S.! When I buy Chinese food, it feeds me 2 meals for sure while I can eat 2 or 3 times more sushi.

Sushi I had a few days ago was literally size of my thumb, I could barely hold it, and it cost me $100!!

17. whis4ey

whis4ey 先輩

'pigs trotters' (pigs feet) were often eaten in Ireland because of the poverty and scarcity of meat. The trotters made a beautifully tasted stew, and if you actually got one of the trotters to nibble on you were lucky indeed
    My experience of Japanese food is limited ..... a Japanese restaurant in Amsterdam (brillliant), one in London (fine without being memorable) and recently a new one in Belfast (poor indeed)
    I guess it depends on the chef and on your choice? :)

18. King of Tokyo

King of Tokyo The Funky Homosapien.

Both! for sure... I've always loved chinese food even though I am interested in Japan.. Japanese and Chinese food are both good with me :)

19. guldo

guldo 先輩

Same for me. :cool:
    Anyway, I'm referring to what I can find here in Italy, since I've never been in Asia... :(
    I heard chinese food in Italy is quite different to the original, but the same does not apply for washoku, does it? :?

20. Golgo_13

Golgo_13 先輩

Chinese food - an hour later you're hungry again

Japanese food - an hour later you're broke.

21. King of Tokyo

King of Tokyo The Funky Homosapien.

LOL Too True :D

22. bossel

bossel Sempai

I suppose, in Italy it's the same as here in Germany. There are a few restaurants that sell proper Chinese food. Best you find yourself some Chinese friends who can tell you where to eat.

Don't know about the Chinese restaurants in the US but I was in a Cantonese restaurant in the weekend & I was pretty full afterwards. (4 persons, 66 euro, BTW)
    But Japanese food, yeah, here the same. The same quantity that we ate in the Chinese restaurant would have cost at least twice as much, probably more.

23. jieshi

jieshi Japaustralian

all food is good, if it tastes good. Asian food is my specialty though so i love both japanese and chinese. though i do live in australia so what we call chinese and japanese food is very different to what it actually is. I cant wait to try broiled eel though. dont know about the raw whale but. or snake.

24. Brooker

Brooker Anjin

I like both. They're so different. The main similarity is rice. Before going to Japan I had really only eaten Chinese food, but I quickly learned to love Japanese food too. :chinese: :lover: :japanese:

25. Satori

Satori 先輩

Well, I like both, but at this point, I would have to say I "prefer" Chinese food. However, that is only because I have not eaten much Japanese food. I guess I need to get out more!! :geek: :)