What's new

Choosing citizenship before age 22

kuraudo

Seeking Help
3 Jun 2014
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forums... So if ever that this thread isn't in appropriate section, kindly move it to the appropriate section... thanks :D

I'm 21 Y/o and needing to choose which citizenship i will take...

I have already gone to the Japan embassy and asked question about it, but what bothers me is... the Koseki Touhon(戸籍謄本)... The embassy said that i need the document in order to choose the Japan nationality...

I know that i have this document somewhere in Japan, but from what i heard/read, the document is available in the exact city on where it is registered...

The problem is, 2 months ago, We've lost contact on my father in japan... We don't know his current address... And we're worried about him... Still time is drawing near... The question is...

How will i get the Koseki Touhon?

If the said document was already mine, will i just present the document on the embassy so that the choosing of nationality complete? or is there a certain process or more requirements needed?

Thanks for reading and for answering my questions... Thank you very much in advance...

I don't understand.

You already visited the embassy and asked questions. They told you what you need. And now you're asking us about the procedure?

If you have any other family members or friends in the city where your koseki is registered, they can obtain a copy on your behalf and mail it to you. You would need to write an 委任状 (i'ninjou), which is just a paper authorizing them to act as your agent and authorizing the city hall to release the document to them.

What city and prefecture are we talking about here? I found by Google that it is possible for you to write directly ask request one by mail. This service (and cost) may vary by locality. If you know the city I will try to get specific information for you.

Hi thanks for the reply...

I don't have any relatives/friends in Japan except my father which we have lost contact with... But i'll try to talk to some of the nihonjin here in the Philippines...

The embassy said that i should go to japan for ease of process, that's one of the process i'm talking with, sorry for my vague explanation...

In my passport my registered domicile was Hiroshima, but the city / town is not included...

In the back, there was the address of my father 2 Years ago... Here's the picture... (Sorry, i can't decipher the handwritten kanji...)

[image removed]

Thanks for your information... I hope you can help me more... Thank you very much...

Isogo Ward in Yokohama. You can remove the photo now if you wish.

If your father's koseki is in Yokohama, all the information you need is on this page. Information for applying from overseas is down near the bottom.

If you need help with the Japanese it will be a few hours before I can do anything.

Thank you very much for the information...

What if my Koseki touhon is in Hiroshima, can you give me the link of the information of it?

Back
Top Bottom