1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Mojibake 文字化け

Dear valued Members, due to the recent forum conversion a lot of threads in the 日本語 section still display garbled Japanese characters. We are aware of the situation and work hard on resolving this issue. As all the corrections have to be done manually, this will take some time. We thank you for your patience and understanding!

Common Kanji

Discussion in 'Learning Japanese' started by Buradorii, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Buradorii

Buradorii Hiragana & Katakana user
    後輩

Aug 14, 2008
    Can anyone perhaps direct me to a link of some commonly used Kanji, or just important Kanji to remember?

2. AJBryant

AJBryant 先輩
    先輩

Jan 6, 2007
    In your textbook, perhaps?

3. tada

tada 窶「テ鞘?堙ュ窶堙≫?堙??堙ゥ
    先輩

Jun 23, 2008
    Easier kanji = more commonly used. Just look at the kanji for the JLPT 4-kyuu or something.

4. Ryuk

Ryuk ニ湛ニ恥ナ?Oツ坂?伉人
    先輩

Dec 25, 2007
    Davey likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn 一切皆苦
    Donor

Jan 8, 2004
    Define "easier." Is 曜 easier than 舌? Is 雑 easier than 廿? Is 誌 easier than 屯? If you mean "easier because you see them all the time and as a result your memory is reinforced much more frequently and without the necessity of artificial means," I agree. If you're using another definition, I'm interested in knowing what it is (I know there are others, which is why I'm asking).

Incidentally, I like the Heisig method outlined in Remembering the Kanji I. I used it, and it boosted my comprehension of kanji from ~400 to over 1600 in a much shorter time than it took me to get to the ~400. The remaining 400 or so took a while because I found myself lacking in imagination after a while, but I'm definitely a fan of the method.

6. slaughterj

slaughterj 後輩
    後輩

May 9, 2008
    There are lists of JLPT Level 4 kanji online, as well as grade-by-grade level for elementary school students in Japan. Those might be good to start with.