What's new

Corrections & Such [P12]

wizcoder

後輩
4 Jul 2014
Final part before I re-read the chapter once more then move on to the next. Just need to verify what's right from wrong.

C. Make a guess about the followings things, using ~とおもいます.
1. The weather tomorrow
あしたはてんきよくないとおもいます。
2. The next test
このテストはかんたんでした。でもつぎテストはむずかしだとおもいます。
3. What your classmates will do tomorrow
あしたはわたしのクラスがカラオケをきくとおもいます。

A. Report wha the following people said, using ~といっていました。
First Person: Mary
1. らいげつもひまじゃありません。
Reply: らいげつはいそがしいといっていました。
2. あしたはかいものをします。
Reply: あしたはかいものをするといっていました。
3. 京都にすんでいます。
Reply: 京都にわたしがすむといっていました。

What would you say when you want someone....
1. Not to speak English
Answer: えいごを話さないでください。
2. Not to call you
Answer: でんわしないでください。
3. Not to come to your house
Answer: わたしの家に来ないでください。
4. Not to go
Answer: 行かないでください。
5. Not to smoke
たばこをすわないでください。

B. Tell what Mary is good/poor at, using じょうずです。 or へたです。
1. French
Answer: メアリーさんはフランス語がじょうずです。
2. video games
Answer: メアリーさんはテニスがへたです。
3. Cooking
メアリーさんはりょうりするがじょうずです。
4. Speaking Japanese
メアリーさんははなす日本語がじょうずです。
5. Taking pictures
メアリーさんはしゃしんをとるのがじょうずです。 ( Not sure at all )
6. Is good at driving
メアリーさんはうんてんがじょうずです。

Thanks

~ と思います
1. No particle after てんき?
2. つぎテスト. Also, recheck how to end a sentence in the plain form with an い-adjective.
3. They're just going to listen to karaoke? Grammatically valid, but seems like a strange thing to do :)

~といっていました
1. Where did the も go?
3. Where did the わたし come from? This makes it possible to misinterpret the sentence as Mary saying that *you* live in 京都. Oh, and make sure to keep the tense of すむ.

じょうず/へた
2. Video games <> テニス
3. Needs a nomalizer の. In 5) you did write it though.
4. Best rewritten as 日本語ではなすのがじょうず or just 日本語がじょうず like in 1)

~ と思います
1. No particle after てんき?
2. つぎテスト. Also, recheck how to end a sentence in the plain form with an い-adjective.
3. They're just going to listen to karaoke? Grammatically valid, but seems like a strange thing to do :)

~といっていました
1. Where did the も go?
3. Where did the わたし come from? This makes it possible to misinterpret the sentence as Mary saying that *you* live in 京都. Oh, and make sure to keep the tense of すむ.

じょうず/へた
2. Video games <> テニス
3. Needs a nomalizer の. In 5) you did write it though.
4. Best rewritten as 日本語ではなすのがじょうず or just 日本語がじょうず like in 1)

1. あしたはてんきがよくないとおもいます。
2. Mind must have been blank
このテストはかんたんでした。でもつぎのテストはむずかしいとおもいます。
3. lol thats true
あしたはわたしのクラスがカラオケを聞いて, うたうとおもいます。

1. らいげつもいそがしいといっていました。
3. 京都にすんでといっていました。

2. lol welll...
メアリーさんはビデオゲームがへたです。
3. ah so that one is correct.
メアリーさんはりょうりするのがじょうずです。

4, メアリーさんは日本語がじょうずです。

Thanks a lot!

I think you can say カラオケ(を)する; but the safest route is probably カラオケに行く.
The 京都 sentence is still incorrect.

I think you can say カラオケ(を)する; but the safest route is probably カラオケに行く.
The 京都 sentence is still incorrect.
1. あしたはわたしのクラスがカラオケに行って, うたうとおもいます。
2. メアリーさんは京都にすんでいるといっていました。

Thanks

カラオケに行く covers the singing part as well; there is no need to express うたう separately..

カラオケに行く covers the singing part as well; there is no need to express うたう separately..

Thanks Mike,
The problem was I didn't know much about Karaoke and it was the only word I could think about in my vocabulary at the time. With this knowledge I didn't know everyone went there to sing, I thought it was just a big place where you can either sing or just lounge and listen to others but I will remember to not separate the meaning into the two. I'm also aware it's popular in japan just never saw much about it.

I'm pretty sure you won't reply since most people just read and carry on with what they were doing but thanks again.

Thanks Mike,
The problem was I didn't know much about Karaoke and it was the only word I could think about in my vocabulary at the time. With this knowledge I didn't know everyone went there to sing, I thought it was just a big place where you can either sing or just lounge and listen to others but I will remember to not separate the meaning into the two. I'm also aware it's popular in japan just never saw much about it.

I'm pretty sure you won't reply since most people just read and carry on with what they were doing but thanks again.

It is sort of unique in that it is both the name of a place and of an activity. As you surmise, not everyone necessarily sings while there. But as the type of activities one engages in there are commonly understood it isn't necessary to separate them out.

Compare:

Sally and Jane went to the restroom.

Sally and Jane went to the restroom, where Sally took a dump.

It is sort of unique in that it is both the name of a place and of an activity. As you surmise, not everyone necessarily sings while there. But as the type of activities one engages in there are commonly understood it isn't necessary to separate them out.

Compare:

Sally and Jane went to the restroom.

Sally and Jane went to the restroom, where Sally took a dump.

Laughed way too hard at that example cause of how perfect it was lmao.
Thanks for the breakdown.

Back
Top Bottom