What's new

def in Japan: a comic diary

Congratulations! I hope we see you on Japan Times one day. I'm definitely looking forward to your first publication! :)
Thank you!
I'm happy. The editor is a friend of a friend. He needed a comic, and got pointed to me. We'll see how the future goes. I'm mainly looking forward to my art show in May. That should be a good opportunity to meet some people with similar interests.

finally finished reading through all of these, i love them! i love to draw and i hope to start doing hand-inked comics but was afraid they would be too old-school to keep up with.. you reassure me! and they look great too, you cant get that distinct ink brush look with a tablet. thank you for making these and i cant wait to read more!

Thanks a lot! I really do feel the most important part is making the time to do it. Set a goal of an hour a day, and try to write one strip a day, even if it's terrible and you show nobody. Eventually, you'll be making stuff you're proud of.

Right now, I'm doing a lot of non-Japanese related comics, so I haven't posted them here, but I haven't slowed down!

otherworld__1_of_2__by_naha_defd7a4s86pn-1.jpg

Haha, I can relate to your last one.

Also, I can't wait to learn what's behind the story of the "flying lady".

Haha, I can relate to your last one.

Also, I can't wait to learn what's behind the story of the "flying lady".

Ah, there isn't a real story, just trying to create some art that stimulates, without giving much context. This was the partner page though ;)

otherworld_2_of_2_by_naha_defd7aj5x4png-1.jpg

The stimulation works !! .... I can see Norman Bates on the porch of the house behind the motel, as the ghost of Janet Leigh drifts toward that amazing cross between Dr Manhattan and a Moai.

Excellent work.

This has been a long month: translations, printing, promoting. I'm very close to done, and can get back to doing new strips. I'm feeling a little rusty though, it'll take a few months to fully get into the swing of things.

I'm posting some translated stuff on Facebook, hopefully to drum up some interest in my upcoming exhibit.

10246604_615748071852151_300009228568009-1.jpg

16595_615171031909855_167807128494514889-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! Where and when will your printed editions be available?

Not sure if I can make it to Shimokitazawa, but once you sell them online, I want my copy signed! :)

Shimokitazawa is literally best place in Tokyo.
btw, has anyone of you heard about Evacomics? Her drawings compare culture differences between Japan and U,S, or other Asian countries. Very funny.

Shimokitazawa is literally best place in Tokyo.
btw, has anyone of you heard about Evacomics? Her drawings compare culture differences between Japan and U,S, or other Asian countries. Very funny.

She has her own thread here ;)

My neighbourhood.

tumblr_n5eianzHwL1rhjnxio1_1280-1.jpg

Your latest works have been especially interesting -- Nice work! Also, I don't know if the grass in the picture was intended to portray a certain style, or if you just happened to place them down that way because it was convenient, but that picture has a great feel to it. Damn, I like your style.

Your latest works have been especially interesting -- Nice work! Also, I don't know if the grass in the picture was intended to portray a certain style, or if you just happened to place them down that way because it was convenient, but that picture has a great feel to it. Damn, I like your style.
Thanks! To an extent, it was deliberate. It's a lot harder to find grass in Japan, and before drawing the pics, I took note of a lot with a lots of grass to take the pic in.

This kind of nature pic is an idea I'm following, if a little slow. At new years, I posted some pics on the snow in the same style... I never posted them here though! Something like this:

old_main_street_by_naha_defd6zxrfn-1.jpg

four_trees_by_naha_defd6zuem2-1.jpg

Keeping it going. I know my cartooning is keeping me from learning the 3000th kanji to the disappointment of a certain Chinese Australian on this. But what can I do? I'm a cartoonist! I love cartoons! Here is my latest update on my cartoons about funerals. [MENTION=21878]FinancialWar[/MENTION], these are cartoons. I'm sorry.

funeral_page_4_by_naha_defd7hkinzpng-1.jpg

funeral_page_5_by_naha_defd7i2i36png-1.jpg

funeral_page_6_by_naha_defd7i6pp9png-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom