What's new

Field of Study and Study Program Form - Guidelines

ismori

後輩
2 May 2009
Hi guys,

I need help with how the Field of Study and Study Program form is to be filled up.

There are three items, and i have no idea how each item differs from one another. Can somebody help please?

Here are the three items:

1.) Present field of study

2.) Your research theme after arrival in Japan

3.) Study program in Japan: (Describe this in detail and concretely—particularly about the ultimate goal of your research in Japan)

Icee, Philippines

Do you not see a difference?

What do you study now?
What do you want to research?
How do you want to go about it?

does the research proposal come in on the second question?

i know im sounding stupid. please bear with me. i just want to be 100% sure about this.

I have no idea what particular program or scholarship or whatever you're asking about, but if I were writing it, I would try to connect my current area of study to the specific research project I was planning. The second question is about WHAT you want to study, and the third question is specifically how you plan to go about your research.

Hi ismori,

This is what i did for my application. I studied chemical engineering and am going to Tokyo Uni this October as a research student.

Present field of study: Chemical Engineering.
(Then i describe some of the projects that I've done which is relevant to the research i want to do in Japan. I also mention some of the relevant subjects. For example, my research is on air pollution so i write that in my final year of uni, i took a subject called air pollution engineering).

Research theme after arrival in Japan: (I put the title of my research here and a very brief description of my research ...about 2 to 3 sentences).

Study program: (I wrote this as i would a research proposal. I included the following)
Objective:
Why the research is important:
Scope:
Methodology:
I also included a very rough schedule that briefly describes how long each step in my methodology would take. This is based on estimations of course.
Finally, i included a section on why i wanted to do my research in Japan.

Thats it. I would suggest you take a look at the other threads. Particularly the Monbukagakusho Postgraduate thread. Admittedly, it has a huge number of posts (over 90 pages long) but persevere going through them and you'll find most of your questions are already answered there.

I wish you all the best.

to=>clockworkorange

Hello clockworkorange =) this is very valuable information, I think is very clear for new monbukagakusho applicants. I just submitted mine and was close to what you described but not exactly. I hope I can get it I will be so happy and my dream to be in Japan will come true =)

A couple of questions for you:

What year did you apply for your grant? I am applying for the 2010 goes from April 2011 - March 2013.

What can you recommend me about finding the professor to be your sponsor or adviser?

Any recommendations for the Japanese and English exams?
Recommendations about the interview?

Thank you so very much again I am just starting the process and Yesterday Jun 14th I submitted the application with all documents and research program.

I look forward to your response.

Hello Ismri?? How´s going on? My name is ALberto and I from Colombia, Do you know where is Colombia? hahaha There are alot of people that dont know where is located Colombian, anyway Colombia is north of South American, It´s a amazing country Anyway I write you due to I just Read this text from you which you asked about Monbukagakusho! Actually I´m applying for the same scorlarship and I have some problem in this part of the File, May you can help me, how I should write my proosed study program in Japan.
Thank you ismori for help me in advance!
all best!

Hey dudes :) My greeting to all of u!
I am applying to the MEXT this year as research student, BUT i am an artist means painter.
Graduated Academy of Fine Arts in my country. So NO idea what to write to Fields of Study :(
Could anyone give me some advise about theme as could be relevant to me! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom