What's new

Japanese language's level

Sirsone7

後輩
7 Dec 2013
Hello~
I am planning to study in one of the japanese universties in japan soon and I am studying japanese alone and it's not going the best for me and I also don't have much time. I would like to know what level of japanese you must have in order to get to a japanese university and be in Japan . Do I really have to speak fluent japanese or I don't even have to know japanese well. Or do I need to pass some JLPT and if I do , what level of it?

Ty in advance!~ :)

That would depend on what university and what course you're hoping to do. If you are just starting out you can't reasonably expect to keep up with a course that is all in Japanese and aimed at native speakers, but there are some courses taught in English.

I find four posts from you in four threads since joining us almost a year ago.

This is the third time you have asked essentially the same question. How seriously are we supposed to take you?

How have you been studying? Is there some reason you haven't taken advantage of our Learning Japanese section?

Have you investigated requirements for a student visa? Do you have the funds it will take?

As alluded to earlier, please tell us what you want to study in Japan. Some majors can get by with English only, but that's just a bare handful of universities here. I work at a uni,, and undergrads from foreign countries are fewer than 5 out of 1000 students. They all have pretty high Japanese skills.

If you intend to study at a university that doesn't cater to English, you have to realize that lectures and textbooks and Powerpoint presentations and conversations with the teacher/students and any handouts or web sites will undoubtedly all be in Japanese. So, it's not like you can just begin studying and hope to get by knowing how to say good morning, thank you, and where is the toilet?

I'm not going to look up your other posts. When you write here that you want to study in Japan "soon", how soon is that? If it's an unrealistic time frame, I think you should be able to determine what to do.

Last question. Why Japan?

Look them up, Glenski; only takes a minute and won't disappoint. (You've already answered him...last December).

When I see a guy almost a year ago saying he's "planning" on entering a Japanese university and still today asking the exact same questions, it makes me wonder if we share the same definition of "planning". If his "studying" is anything like his "planning" I can guess about where his Japanese level is today, where it will be a month from now, a year from now, and ten years from now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom