1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MEXT Scholarship 2013

Discussion in 'Studying in Japan' started by YoyoC, Jun 23, 2011.

1. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    Hey!

I'm new and registered here because I'm going to apply for MEXT undergraduate next year (this year I'm too young). And I want to ask if there's someone also planning to apply for MEXT scholarship next year.

By the way, are you preparing for it somehow or am I the only one studying like crazy about 6 hours a day on my summer holiday? :) :D

And for those who have ever applied, could you tell me how was it? ^^

2. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    So I didnt pass this years MEXT research student.
    So the next year here we go... this month I will reevaluate my strategies, plans and everything else to get prepared for the next year. :note:

huh... I feel down still

3. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    Mell, I can understand how you feel, it's really sad that so many people who apply don't get MEXT scholarship.

But you can try next year and it'll be better then this year cause now you have some experience of it :)

4. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    It would be for the third time that I try. i dont really know if I am that stupid or determinated to do it once again.

5. mitch2526

mitch2526 先輩

Apr 18, 2010
    I think a lot of us have failed before as well you know, and I know people who told me they literally tried like 4 times.

If we really want this, I don't think we're stupid to keep on trying. :) As long as it doesn't ruin our lives....

6. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    I also think that trying again and again is not stupid, it just shows how much you want to get that :)

7. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    I want to get to Japan very much. Hmm but really it sadens me to wait another year to try.

And I deffinitely need to work for my goal more. The problem is I am working and I am out of school for two years now. This I see as a great handicap.

8. Natasa

Natasa 先輩

Apr 15, 2011
    I failed the interview this year :(((...

I am going to prepare for next one... Anyone wants to practice Japanese? Mine is very poor :p

9. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    Yeh I deffinitely want to study both english and japanese and work more on my thesis. :note:

But first I decided to take rest until end of July and in August I start to study once again :)

10. Natasa

Natasa 先輩

Apr 15, 2011
    cool.. see u then on skype, facebook or some other place!!!

じゃまた!

11. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    we can always meet here.
    which kind of books do you use to study japanese?
    We can meet here around the 2nd of August hre.

窶堙懌?堋ス

12. kaminary

kaminary 後輩

Sep 6, 2010
    Hi.:) Does anyone know a good university for literature/language studies that also has classes in English? I`m gonna try for the scholarship next year but my Japanese is not so good. Thanks and good luck to everyone! If you`re like me, then Mext is probably something you want really bad for a long time....:box:

13. mitch2526

mitch2526 先輩

Apr 18, 2010
    There is a list of 30 universities i think called Global 30? These unis are those selected by MEXT to welcome foreign students so they have English programs. You can Google it and you'll see it :)

14. kaminary

kaminary 後輩

Sep 6, 2010
    Thanks a lot. ^_^

15. filimonechka

filimonechka 後輩

Aug 11, 2011
    Hey guys, I am also in the undergraduates group.
    How is everyone doing?

Btw, what are you planning to choose for your field of study?

16. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    well, i was thinking about economics or international relations, but since there's a lot time left, i haven't decided yet.
    What about you?

17. filimonechka

filimonechka 後輩

Aug 11, 2011
    Pretty much the same.. Cannot decide whether to put international relations or social sciences as the first choice.

Have you been looking at the universities?

18. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    yeah, i've looked some universities, but Japanese university system seems quite different from the one in my country and i can't get it.

i didn't even found in what unis you can study International relations. do you know?

19. filimonechka

filimonechka 後輩

Aug 11, 2011
    What don't you understand?

Depends on what city you want to go to (I've been checking Tokyo unis only, and pretty much all the big ones have international relations faculty).

20. YoyoC

YoyoC 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    hmm... maybe i was looking somewhere worng then...

I want to go to Tokyo, you too?

21. dimaskyo

dimaskyo 後輩

Aug 12, 2011
    hi all, i'm new here..and i'm going to apply MEXT for 2013..is there anyone who apply for research student here?..

22. filimonechka

filimonechka 後輩

Aug 11, 2011
    Yes, my top choice is Tokyo as well.

23. LeonidasCZ

LeonidasCZ 後輩

May 25, 2011
    I am going to try second time now. Last year I got about zero at chem and physics tests so I am considering choosing social scineces this year.(I am a lot into Japanese culture as well) Well I'we slept almost whole 8 years in physics classes and studied only for chem exams so the scholarship test maybe weren't that difficult, but still there weere mostly excercises I've never seen at school (nor fellows graduating from physics :D)
    Well after recovering from failing this year I decided to study Japanese a lot (inspired by ajatt.com now) I entered local university and in case of worst scenario I plan to move to Japan after finishing bachelor degree :) This may not plese interviewer "What are you planing after finishing studies and coming bac to your country." "I am planning to stay here and study Chanoyu for few years and then probably stay here."
    For those prepairing for next year this may be useful. I haven't found it earlier and got it from my embassy month before tests so it wasn't that much of use (I had to spend week preparing for graduation and another one graduating)
    studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0308e.html
    Edit: Add "h t t p : / / w w w ." without spaces ifornt of link (forum prohibits direct links in new users posts)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  24. Mell

Mell 先輩

Jun 23, 2011
    Leonidas the link you posted doesnt work :)

Dimaskyo I am applying for research student! This will be my third try!

So everyone started to prepare?
    I boughed from amazon the first 300 japanese flash cards and they are amazing. I absolutely reccomend them :cool:

Anyways maybe for the written english tests its best to prepare like for an IELTS tests.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  25. LeonidasCZ

LeonidasCZ 後輩

May 25, 2011
    For learning kanji and senteces I recommend Anki (google it) or another SRS software. Basicaly its same as flashcards but software is puting cards into groups. Those are showed again after some time depending on how well you remembered them last time. In Anki you can download card packages from other users (i.e. cards made from Heising's RTK) so you are work free ready to study as much as your free time allows.