What's new

MEXT Scholarship 2014

Hello Maruko

Some comments:

Hey everyone,

1) I figured the only ones possibly worth my time are Kyoto University and Tokyo University.

2) Would trying for Kyoto U and Toudai be a little too daring?

3) Do you think its possibly a bad thing to speak too much Japanese?

4) I am in a sort of unique situation of having a dual citizenship with the US and Japan ever since I was a little kid, will that cause any problems?

Since you are in the US, let me frame my answer in an american context.

1) That is like saying that only Harvard and Stanford are worth my time (different because they are private and Kyodai and Todai are public) and ignoring the value of other Unis say MIT, CIT etc etc. In Japan there are many Top tier universities, the big 7 (for both reputation and education) as well as very good private, Keio (IMO) ranking at the top. As well all national universities are of good quality in a way that US state universities are. So take some time to look into to Japanese units.

2) If you have the grades to bad up the attitude in point 1, then you should not have to ask. SO put it this way, are you Stanford material? or lets choose a public uni- UCberkey in humanities? or UCDavis in agricultural science, and so....

3) No. But also "prove it" but applying with JLPT N1.

4) well you will need to choose one or the other at age 20 (Japan currently does not allow for dual citizenship) As for applying as a foreign student - I am not sure, contact the Japanese embassy.

Cheers

I got my dorm confirmation.
It is about 15 mins from by Univ by cycle.
Rent is about 35 to 40 k yen per month.

Next up is the air plane ticket.

Is anyone still waiting for the tickets? It's less than 3 weeks to my planned journey and I'm still ticketless. What about you guys?

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I already have my flight details, but no ticket yet. I've heard from a former (and older) scholar, in their time they received their ticket a few days before their flight. But of course, that's about several years ago. Maybe we'll receive ours a week earlier? I don't know. Let's stay positive :3

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I already have my flight details, but no ticket yet. I've heard from a former (and older) scholar, in their time they received their ticket a few days before their flight. But of course, that's about several years ago. Maybe we'll receive ours a week earlier? I don't know. Let's stay positive :3

Hello, Thanks for the Info

Neither I have received the Tickets. I only know that I have to arrive to Japan 1 of October so I must leave my country the 29 of September in order to arrive that date.

I agree with teddycutie777 let's stay positive, we have done almost 99% of the process 😄

Last edited:
Teddycutie777, have u emailed and ask the admission office? I got mine when I asked them.

Well, I already got the flight details, like my flight number and schedule. I just don't have the ticket itself yet, the one to present at the airport. The university said that the airlines will contact me sooner or later regarding the ticket. :)

Back
Top Bottom