What's new

MEXT Scholarship 2015 (Research Students)

Hi bcaapower,
I have obtained LOA from Waseda Grad. School of Commerce and one from Ritsumeikan APU... but, same with you I only want to go to Waseda, not other Uni. Do you think that MEXT will approve us on our first choice??

Hi opank,

to be honest, I dont know. I asked my professor at Waseda about this matter,mentioned him that I heard some rumors and his reply was : " do not worry about some rumor". So hopefully, MEXT will take our first choice in consideration. We "just" need to wait till December to find out... ( that waiting will kill me :D )

Hi Guys,

Its great to see a lot of people here...... :D
I have applied to dept of integrated biosciences.
Recently I received all 3 LOA's from the unis....but the tokyo uni (GSFS) is saying something abt official acceptance letter after Sep 17. Any idea regarding this matter???Has anyone applied for Tohoku or Hokkaido ?What are the chances of getting through the final screening?? its really killing me :banghead:

Hi Guys,

Recently I received all 3 LOA's from the unis....but the tokyo uni (GSFS) is saying something abt official acceptance letter after Sep 17. Any idea regarding this matter???Has anyone applied for Tohoku or Hokkaido ?What are the chances of getting through the final screening?? its really killing me :banghead:

Hi!
The University of Tokyo seems to issue something called Certificate of Admission, which is more official than LoA. I've also applied to Tokyo U as my first choice and the graduate school I'm applying to seems to issue only this CoA and they make the final decision on a meeting in the half of September. I have a verbal yes from the prospective supervisor, so I'm just nervously waiting for the meeting to be held.

If the embassy in your country do their job responsibly - that is they do not choose more people in the first screening than MEXT could approve - your chances should be very high. The embassy seems to be able to recommend some people more than other and make some kind of a recommendation order, which they most likely shouldn't tell the applicants about, so if you are highly recommended (which you probably can't tell) and have a LoA, the odds should really be very good.

By the way, I've been told by the embassy to submit only one LoA, the one from the university I want to attend the most. Has anyone else been told the same?

Hi!
The University of Tokyo seems to issue something called Certificate of Admission, which is more official than LoA. I've also applied to Tokyo U as my first choice and the graduate school I'm applying to seems to issue only this CoA and they make the final decision on a meeting in the half of September. I have a verbal yes from the prospective supervisor, so I'm just nervously waiting for the meeting to be held.

If the embassy in your country do their job responsibly - that is they do not choose more people in the first screening than MEXT could approve - your chances should be very high. The embassy seems to be able to recommend some people more than other and make some kind of a recommendation order, which they most likely shouldn't tell the applicants about, so if you are highly recommended (which you probably can't tell) and have a LoA, the odds should really be very good.

By the way, I've been told by the embassy to submit only one LoA, the one from the university I want to attend the most. Has anyone else been told the same?

Thank you Kurapan...Its really a matter of tension. our embassy didn't tell anything regarding such matter.

Hi Guys,

I applied to Tohoku :) but I haven't heard anything about an official acceptance letter. I think is something the tokyo uni does. Hahaha we are all struggling with the final screening :( but let's hope our chances are high.

[MENTION=63443]kurapan[/MENTION] I haven't heard anything from the embassy. I believe they do not choose a higher number but again, that is something I can assume only for what other people have written in their blogs.
And about the LOA, my embassy told me that if I got 1 it's fine, 2 great and 3 perfect but no matter how many I obtained I should submit all of them.

I applied to Tohoku :) but I haven't heard anything about an official acceptance letter. I think is something the tokyo uni does. Hahaha we are all struggling with the final screening :( but let's hope our chances are high.

[MENTION=63443]kurapan[/MENTION] I haven't heard anything from the embassy. I believe they do not choose a higher number but again, that is something I can assume only for what other people have written in their blogs.
And about the LOA, my embassy told me that if I got 1 it's fine, 2 great and 3 perfect but no matter how many I obtained I should submit all of them.

Hi Rider
its great to know that you have applied to Tohoku. can you please say which department you are applying and isn't the maximum number of LOA is 3??

HI There,

I applied for LOA in Kyushu Uni. before few days back but till yet I did not receive any reply!

Guys,

What procedure candidates will have to follow after arrival in JAPAN as a MEXT Awardee?

Hi Rider
its great to know that you have applied to Tohoku. can you please say which department you are applying and isn't the maximum number of LOA is 3??

Graduate School of Information Sciences.
Yes, the maximum is 3. What I meant is that I didn't have to choose any of them if I obtained more than one (among those 3), that I should submit all.

Can anyone provide the contact detail of Nagoya University and Kyushu University? The E-mail ID provided by Embassy is not working at all!!

Graduate School of Information Sciences.
Yes, the maximum is 3. What I meant is that I didn't have to choose any of them if I obtained more than one (among those 3), that I should submit all.

Thanks rider,
I applied to IDAC under Graduate school of Medicine...lets see what happens.....Best of Luck buddy. :D

Can anyone provide the contact detail of Nagoya University and Kyushu University? The E-mail ID provided by Embassy is not working at all!!
Hi Buddy,

Search the webpage of the universities.....contact faculties....... :D

Thanks for replying Bro'w,

Already dd dat! Yet, I dd not get any response yet. Dnn knw how can I'e contact dem!! :32::32::32::32::32::32::32:

Hi Buddy,

Search the webpage of the universities.....contact faculties....... :D

Dɪs 1 ғᴏʜ ᴀʟʟ MEXT-2015 Rᴇsᴇᴀʀᴄʜ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ.....

" Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʏᴍ I'ᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ Oʜʜ.. MEXT (TWENTY FIFTEEN) ;-);-);-) I'ᴇ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ!!!

. . . . . . . . Is ɪᴛ [ D.R.3.A.M ] ᴏʀ [ D.3.S.T.I.N.A.T.I.0.N ] "

.... .......... CH33RS ☯ ☯ ☯

:music::sing:🧑‍🎤:cracker:📣:music2:

Thanks for replying Bro'w,

Already dd dat! Yet, I dd not get any response yet. Dnn knw how can I'e contact dem!! :32::32::32::32::32::32::32:

call them on their number........ they are pretty busy,so it happens.just give them a call they will reply back... :D

Thanks rider,
I applied to IDAC under Graduate school of Medicine...lets see what happens.....Best of Luck buddy. :D

And what does IDAC stands for? o_O well anyway, Medicine sounds great! My project has to do with that :)
Yup let's wait and see. Thank you! All the best to you too ;)

Guys,

I just received E-mail form Nagoya University stating that they cannot accept me for MEXT Scholarship candidates because the contact deadline was the 29th of August.

Is it same for every university or ??

Guys, Does that mean we can not contact any university now???

Last edited:
Guys,

I just received E-mail form Nagoya University stating that they cannot accept me for MEXT Scholarship candidates because the contact deadline was the 29th of August.

Is it same for every university or ??

Guys, Does that mean we can not contact any university now???

Most universities will do. In fact, i'm sure that the japan embassy in your country had stated in your notification email.
But still there are some universities still accept contact.
Just try for few.
I just knew some of universities like Todai, Kyoto and Osaka University have that deadline for contacting professor.

And what does IDAC stands for? o_O well anyway, Medicine sounds great! My project has to do with that :)
Yup let's wait and see. Thank you! All the best to you too ;)

Hi rider,
Its sounds great man....IDAC is institute of development,aging and cancer.... :)

Most universities will do. In fact, i'm sure that the japan embassy in your country had stated in your notification email.
But still there are some universities still accept contact.
Just try for few.
I just knew some of universities like Todai, Kyoto and Osaka University have that deadline for contacting professor.

Heya! P Yk Chong,

Thanks for replying.

Bdw trying for other university after deadline (provided by Embassy) will create any controversy??? :?

Cheers....

Just received an email from Ritsumeikan University. I got the LOA! 3 out 3 :) hope this rises my chances of getting the scholarship.

Hi rider,
Its sounds great man....IDAC is institute of development,aging and cancer.... :)

Thanks! But actually I'm a girl 😊 haha I know my nickname doesn't help me
Wow I haven't heard of it but sounds pretty interesting! I wish you all the best 👍

Just received an email from Ritsumeikan University. I got the LOA! 3 out 3 :) hope this rises my chances of getting the scholarship.

Congrets Ms. Rider. :)

Getting 3 LOA will increase our chance of getting scholarship?? Is it true?? Really?? :?

Back
Top Bottom