What's new

MEXT Scholarship 2015 (Research Students)

Anyone going to Tohoku? 6 days ago I emailed my advisor in order to get information about my dorm but I haven'r received a response yet :arghh:

Finally got the confirmation from my Embassy...
I live in the USA and I was placed at Tokodai (Tokyo Tech), in the Chemical Engineering dept. I requested October start date in my application, but they told me April...if they do not let me defer I will have to decline the scholarship and not study in Japan :cry:
So, hopefully they will negotiate with me and I can go in October!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hi,

Here is the list that I tried to list out from the previous post. Feel free to drop me a message stating your status. =D
Todai
@Kanguoft (US- New York, Area Studies department)
@BD2K15 (India, programme?)
@pinktofu (Israel, programme?)
@afree87 (???, religious study)
@kurapan (Czech Republic)
@janemansfield (UK)

Tokodai (Titech)
@MedRamy (Tunisia, programme?)
@kokwai4869 (Malaysia)
@AmerikaJin5 (US, Chemical Engineering department)

Tohoku University
@rider (Mexico)

Kyoto University
@P Yk Chong (Malaysia, Graduate school of Med)

Kyushu University
@Riou (US)

Tsukuba University
@Linker (Brazil, programme?)

Kagoshima University
@knuble22ftw (Panama, programme?)

Nagoya University
@konhoshi (UK, programme?)

Kochi University
@loty01 (Argentina, Kochi Medical School)

Unknown (Sorry for that....)
@twonavels (Philippine)

Hi,

Here is the list that I tried to list out from the previous post. Feel free to drop me a message stating your status. =D
Thank you for building this list and clarifying about each one's placement. Btw, I will be related to the Computer Sciences Department.
And congrats to everybody who got their results.

Hi,

Todai
@Kanguoft (Canada - Toronto, Area Studies department)
@janemansfield (UK)

Tokodai (Titech)
@MedRamy (Tunisia, ChemEng)
@kokwai4869 (Malaysia)
@AmerikaJin5 (US, ChemEng)

Tohoku University
@rider (Mexico)

Kyoto University

Kyushu University
@Riou (US)

Tsukuba University

Kagoshima University

Nagoya University

Kochi University

Waseda University
@bcaapower (Slovakia, biochem/physiology)

@twonavels (Philippine)

Amended the list, thanks for putting it together!

Hi,

Todai
@Kanguoft (US- New York, Area Studies department)
@janemansfield (UK)

Tokodai (Titech)
@MedRamy (Tunisia, programme?)
@kokwai4869 (Malaysia)
@AmerikaJin5 (US, Chemical Engineering department)

Tohoku University
@rider (Mexico)

Kyoto University

Kyushu University
@Riou (US)

Tsukuba University

Kagoshima University

Nagoya University

Kochi University

@twonavels (Philippine)

Great list, but I am from Costa Rica, and I will be placed to Chemical Engineering Department.
Thank you!☺

Hello Everyone! :) I got my final confirmation from the Embassy! The rest of you, good luck and just a little more patience!
My name is Arevik and I'm from Armenia, I will be going to Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Graduate School of Global Studies, which was my second choice (first one was Waseda, is there anyone who got into Waseda University by the way?)

Hello everyone! I am from Philippines and also under 2015 MEXT Research category. So far, the latest mail I received from the embassy is the passing of second screening (Nov. last year). I contacted my prospective university (named Sokendai) in Tokyo and they said that I have placement already. However, the mail from the embassy says that the final acceptance will be announced in February 2015. Hopefully I will have adequate time for preparation before my intended departure in April. Congratulations to everyone who got their final accepatnace alptance already!
@twonavels : can I know more about your status?

Well, that's still months to go. Best thing now is to prepare onboard, make some shopping spree, and learn some good basic japanese greeting and phrase (oh, and update mobile with google translator =P).

Yeah, I am so anxious too, counting the days. hahah
Well as for studying japanese, I have a hard time finding advanced material that appeals to me. I usually just practice listening to music, playing games and reading blog posts. If anybody has some advice by your experiences let me know.

Congratulations everyone who has received their confirmations! It makes me both excited and nervous to see all of these announcements.

I'm still waiting for word from the Embassy and it's nerve-wracking. Anyone else still waiting for news?

Congratulations everyone who has received their confirmations! It makes me both excited and nervous to see all of these announcements.

I'm still waiting for word from the Embassy and it's nerve-wracking. Anyone else still waiting for news?
still waiting ! ahhhhh ! :arghh:

Hello everyone! I'm new here, just wondering, anyone applied to Kyushu University with MEXT scholarship for next September (2015)? I'm trying to apply for it, and pretty much nervous about it... :)

You're applying for Doctorate? through university recommendation?

still waiting :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Back
Top Bottom