1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Mojibake 文字化け

Dear valued Members, due to the recent forum conversion a lot of threads in the 日本語 section still display garbled Japanese characters. We are aware of the situation and work hard on resolving this issue. As all the corrections have to be done manually, this will take some time. We thank you for your patience and understanding!

milk

Discussion in 'Learning Japanese' started by pacerier, Jun 15, 2009.

1. pacerier

pacerier 先輩
    先輩

Apr 1, 2009
    what's the difference between miruku, nyuujuu, gyuunyuu, and chichi?

2. ASHIKAGA

ASHIKAGA もちもちした食感
    先輩

Feb 19, 2008
    I have never heard of "Nyuujuu". Could it be "nyuugyuu"? A nyuugyuu is a milk cow. Are you sure you spelled that right? As for the others,
    "miruku" is usually used for baby's formula (or cow's milk when used in coffe, tea and desserts), "gyuunyuu" is cow's milk and "chichi" mother's milk (human's as well as animals') in general as well as somewhat vulgar way of referring to female breasts.

3. pacerier

pacerier 先輩
    先輩

Apr 1, 2009
  4. ASHIKAGA

ASHIKAGA もちもちした食感
    先輩

Feb 19, 2008
    Oh, I see. 窶愿サツ汁.... I have never heard of that word myself. 窶愿サ means milk and ツ汁 means juice/liquid/soup, so I guess that's...milk. lol

Anyone familiar with that word?ツ 

5. undrentide

undrentide Japa'n vagyok
    Donor

Jan 18, 2006
    I've never heard of it myself, either, even though it is found in a dictionary (窶佚・ナスツォ窶氾堕).
    There seem to be three different pronunciation for 窶愿サツ汁, chishiru, chichishiru and nyuujuu.
    :relief:
    My answer to the OP is that nyuujuu is not a common word so stick to gyuunyuu and miruku and (o)chichi.