What's new

Monbukagakusho Undergraduate 2016

Squishy

先輩
7 Apr 2014
Hey guys!
I thought it was a good time to start the thread for the people applying for 2016 since lots of the 2015 applicants seem to have been notified already. Plus it's nice to have a better idea of how many people are applying~ :3

So, everyone, I hope we'll all get good news about one year from now and then finally be able to go to Japan ^^

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Hi Squishy,

As what you have mentioned, "about one year from now", does that mean that you're going to apply for 2016 undergraduate course? If yes, please do your best and i am sure you will be able to get it. It's nice to know more applicants from around the world.

Kochira koso, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!! ^_^

Hello ^^

I will be applying for 2016 Undergraduate course. I haven't decided on my major but it will be something from Natural Sciences B or C.

よろしくおねがいします!

Hello guys,

I am also planning on applying for the 2016 undergraduate course.Just like SennaR I am yet to choose my major but it will probably be something from natural sciences A or social sciences.I've been looking into information about the scholarship for a while now but what bothers me is that I cant find out how many students overall can be accepted for the scholarship.I also cant find info on how many students can be accepted in the different majors.If any of you guys can answer my questions I would be really happy and grateful!

Hiya! ^^
Well, around 120 people get accepted every year and the majority seem to be Natural science students~
I don't think there's a specific number really..just depends on the situation~
Hope that was helpful xD ^^

Btw guys, there's a LINE group for undergrad applicants..if anyone's interested in joining add me and I'll put you into the group~
My LINE ID is cynder757 ^^

Hello again guys.
I would like to ask you which universities are part of the Monbukagakusho scholarship program?

Btw Squishy,what is that LINE group that you are talking about???

Minasan, konnichiwa!
May I seek clarification on MEXT scholarship 2016?:joyful:
Is it we are applying on 2015, then we go to Japan on 2016?

If that's the case then I am part of it!:D
I am new to this forum, so yoroshiku oneigaishimasu!
Arigtou gozaimasu!

http://www.mext.go.jp/english/relatedsites/1303116.htm ^^
Basically it's a group that consists of this year's applicants, the majority of which are gonna be applying again and it's basically so you get to know some other applicants better and just ask whatever you need help with as far as the scholarship goes ^^

Konnichiwa! ^^
Yep! Yokoso! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! ^^

Konbanwa minna, I'm new here, I'm brazilian and I'll be applying for MEXT 2016 undergraduate too! My course is Japanese Language, what about you guys? :D I'm studying English and Japanese very very hard, but I'm kinda worried about the math exam! There are some isseus that I haven't seen at school, so I'd like to know how are you studying for math?

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! ^^v

Hello fellow Gintama fan! ^^
I'm going for Japanese language too :3
I don't wanna stress you out about it but try to make math your priority for now cause it's pretty important >.<
I've used my old text books, videos and some sites~ I'm really far behind on math so I still need to get the hang of the more basic stuff ^^;

Hey guys!
I thought it was a good time to start the thread for the people applying for 2016 since lots of the 2015 applicants seem to have been notified already. Plus it's nice to have a better idea of how many people are applying~ :3

So, everyone, I hope we'll all get good news about one year from now and then finally be able to go to Japan ^^

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Hello, Im also applying for the scholarship for 2016; I have a question concerning the exams that we have to take in order to apply... well I know zero Japanese yet the application says we have to sit for Japanese? Maybe I got it wrong but Im a little confused,,
Thanks in advance ! ))

The webpage of the Japanese government in my country says that it is not necessary to take the japanese exam(I think can choose weather or not to take it on the the app form)but if you do take it and get a good score you will have an advantage over those who didnt take it or had worse score than you did.I dont know how much time you have left until your exams(mine at the beginning of June,maybe they are standardized for all countries,maybe not) but I suggest beginning to study the language on your own or even taking some courses because you are going to have to learn it eventually so better start as soon as possible!!!

In most countries you do have to take it regardless. It's not necessary to know anything on it though, it's's more so they get an idea of your level. You can either try your luck with whatever you might know or just write your name and and hand it in as it is.
So yeah, it's nothing to worry about~ ^^
Focus on the other subjects more and if you wanna be able to have a go at Japanese try to learn the basics. :3

hmmm that doesnt sound good :// I didnt want to leave learning Japanese until the 10 month intensive course supposing I get the scholarship,, but I dont finish school until may and since the exams are in june I dont have time to learn even the basics ...
Doesnt that mean I have far less advantage for the scholarship ? ://
Maybe if I do better in math and english .... it would be more realistic ))

Also,, does anyone know how long it takes to obtain a visa and a certificate if eligibility? I don't live in my country of nationality so I'm worried about that too.... //

Hello fellow Gintama fan! ^^
I'm going for Japanese language too :3
I don't wanna stress you out about it but try to make math your priority for now cause it's pretty important >.<
I've used my old text books, videos and some sites~ I'm really far behind on math so I still need to get the hang of the more basic stuff ^^;

Hello Squishy, sorry for the delay! haha yeah, for sure! And d'you know? Anime Gintama will be back on April this year!!! ^^
Oh, nice to know we're going to the same course! :D Let's do our best to pass! ò_ó
Oh, I got it! Yes I need to focus on my difficulties (math in this case -_-) Thank you very much for the tips! I'm already looking for videos and reading my old books.
And for everyone here: Happy New Year and all the best for all of us! Hope we can go to Japan in 2016 ^^v

Seriously, don't worry about it xD
Idk how much of an advantage Japanese can give you but regardless of how big that advantage may be it's still pretty small compared to the advantage other lessons may give you. So for whoever doesn't know Japanese it's no big deal really if you don't know Japanese (unless if your country has different standards..so ask your embassy/consulate to be entirely sure) and if you do know some Japanese that's great but don't make Japanese your priority.

Umm..as far as that goes I really don't know..I think you gotta live in your country of nationality to apply but I'm not entirely sure so it's better you ask at the embassy.. >.<

Yep! I can't wait! I really wanna see the manga arcs animated *-* xD
Hehe, yep! :D
Hope they work for you! Idk if you came across it but there's a guy on YouTube who's username is yaymath and I'd found him really helpful~ ^^
Happy new year! May we all make our dreams come true! ^^
In most places you're required to take it but you don't necessarily have to get a good result~
Umm..I don't have it saved but it should come up if you google it >.<

Hello, everyone!
Firstly, I would like to apologize if this beginner question annoys you. :|
I want to give the exam but I seriously don't know much about this exams. So, I'd really appreciate it if any of you could fill me in on the details ><
I have finished my O Levels and will finish A Levels in 2016 May. What is the requirement for sitting in the examination? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I'm new here. And yes, I guess I will be applying for the 2016 MEXT scholarship. Any information regarding it would be helpful.

Hi! Is everybody here applying for the undergraduate scholarship?
I got the MEXT in the past for research and did my master in Japan. Now intend to apply again for the PhD.

I plan to apply for the undergrad scholarship.
I really hope to pass the exam, I'll need to study more on my math...
It would be nice if I could find where I could get past years papers!

So sorry for the double post! But I had a sudden question.
Does anyone know how much your prev. highschool grades / university grades influence you being accepted? My grades have not exactly been stellar this semester, so I was wondering on that. That is before/after you pass the exam too, as I've heard there was a screening for it, not sure of what exactly..

Hey, I'm actually applying for the 2016 scholarship this year, I've been studying as if it was for the SAT/CAT test... do you know any more specific kind of study material or so?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom