What's new

More やつばと

thesuker

先輩
20 May 2014
Just read a couple more pages of やつばと and I got most of it, but I've got some doubts:

Yatsuba is waving out the car window energetically and her dad says: あんまりのり出(だ)すと危(あぶ)ないぞ. I understand the sentence as a whole from the context, but I'm not sure of り meaning here. Is it used to indicate all of her? As in all her body? (I found out り is one of the readings for 人)

Yatsuba tells her father to wave too, and he responds とうちゃん手(て)がはなせないからな俺(おれ)の分(ぶん)もよつばがふてっくれ.
Is はなせない here はなす in potential or はなせる in negative? I'm guessing it's the first, because the second one doesn't make much sense, and being a kid's manga, it might be a bit too complex (it is for me :p)

Finally, when they arrive, Yatsuba's father says: ほ-ら。着(つ)いたぞ. I've no idea what ほ-ら means. Tried searching on the internets but found nothing :/

ふってくれ not ふてっくれ

Is the name やつば or よつば?

Yes, both are mistakes, the first was a typo while copying it to word, and the second... dont know why but yatsuba just got into my head and wouldnt come out 👎

I think this might help you. Living Japanese
It's a word list for every page in the first volume of よつばと. It also has some longer sentences translated. It should ease some of the frustration of having to determine where a word starts and ends, at least until you get used to the language.

Back
Top Bottom