What's new

My comics about Japan

kraystone

Mangaka entrepreneur
11 Apr 2011
Since someone started a calligraphy thread, I was thinking if I could start my comics thread about what I experience and think about Japan and my own country.😌
Douzo Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~
001.jpg
So... since sakura in Tokyo are "officially" in full-bloom now, who's going to fight the sakura war this weekend?

They are really good! Keep posting them!

How often do you make these?

They are really good! Keep posting them!

How often do you make these?

Thanks Davey! I try to draw whenever I'm free and update at least once a week on my FB and blog.
Hopefully by end of next year, I have sufficient material for a self-publish book :)

Here's part 2!
004en.jpg

Japanese banks are only open between 9-3pm weekdays. What do they do with the rest of the time? Count cash notes one by one? Well, at least this is one service that I appreciate more back home in Singapore!
005en.jpg

Great stuff. I love your art style, nice clean lines. You have a bright future ahead, keep up the good work.

Anybody knows if this happens in other countries too?
In America ATM machine charges Your account if it belongs to another bank, and usually here will be two similar charges from both banks.
And, here could be charge if You do cache advance from credit card.

In America ATM machine charges Your account if it belongs to another bank, and usually here will be two similar charges from both banks.
And, here could be charge if You do cache advance from credit card.
Ah, that happens in Singapore too. But getting charged for withdrawing from the same bank that you opened your account with is absurd!

PS: I was in SF for 3.5 years ;P

But getting charged for withdrawing from the same bank that you opened your account with is absurd!
You are completely right, that is ridiculous, however, working in one federal organisation, I was a member of some FCU(federal creding union), that bank was so small, and it did have only two ATM machines - he-he, I did always have cache in my pockets, because it was impossible to use card from my bank without any charge.

PS: I was in SF for 3.5 years ;P
Yay! Did You like that? I had never been in SF, but my son is student here, and he is very happy.

BTW, it is very nice to meet You here.

View attachment 11125
Anybody knows if this happens in other countries too?

You didn't get charged for getting your own money. You got charged for using their machine on the weekend to get your own money. Notice the two very different pronouns: your / their.

You can shop around for a bank which has fees more to your liking.

You got charged for using their machine on the weekend ...
Day of the week or time of the day does not matter if You are using ATM in states, it is always free. ATM machine could be used not for cache withdraws only, but for money transfers, cache/check deposits, credit/account payments and for many-many other goals. Using ATM machine dramatically reduces bank expences, increases cacheflow, and it quite weird when bank is charging for using ATM machine. Just 2C

You are completely right, that is ridiculous, however, working in one federal organisation, I was a member of some FCU(federal creding union), that bank was so small, and it did have only two ATM machines - he-he, I did always have cache in my pockets, because it was impossible to use card from my bank without any charge.

Yay! Did You like that? I had never been in SF, but my son is student here, and he is very happy.

BTW, it is very nice to meet You here.

Only 2 atm!? WOW... so they probably sustain their business with partnerships from organizations?

I liked SF a lot! Studied at Academy of Art University :)
The only problem I had was the bed bug. Other than that it was fun and teachers were awesome.

Nice to meet you here! "ewww"-san?

You didn't get charged for getting your own money. You got charged for using their machine on the weekend to get your own money. Notice the two very different pronouns: your / their.

You can shop around for a bank which has fees more to your liking.

Lol, right, I was using "their" atm that was setup with "our" deposits.
All banks here have the same practice of charging after 6pm and on weekends.

Day of the week or time of the day does not matter if You are using ATM in states, it is always free. ATM machine could be used not for cache withdraws only, but for money transfers, cache/check deposits, credit/account payments and for many-many other goals. Using ATM machine dramatically reduces bank expences, increases cacheflow, and it quite weird when bank is charging for using ATM machine. Just 2C
Lol, thank you for 2 cents. I give my 2 yen here :nihonjin:

bed bugs??!!! ewww... ewww... ewww... Poor girl! You should keep a gun and grenades.

It was terrible... not sure who got it first, my neighbor or us. We never managed to eliminate the problem because the whole building was made of wood. Luckily I returned back home after half a year to end this nightmare!

007en.jpg
There is one thing I admire very much about Japanese culture, that is their attitude to provide the best service for customers. Their average part-time rate is 1000yen/hour. Will you be willing to pay a bit more for better service???

Where do you get the idea the average part-time rate is 1000/hr?

Where do you get the idea the average part-time rate is 1000/hr?

You're right, I should have rephrased my statement that it is based on my friends' experience and seeing stores putting up the rate of 1000yen/hour for part-timers. Do you know if there's any published data for the rates?

Depends on where you are in Japan. Though it will come as a surprise to Tokyoites, there is a Japan outside Tokyo.

Depends on where you are in Japan. Though it will come as a surprise to Tokyoites, there is a Japan outside Tokyo.

I may be over-reacting, but I feel very offended by your repeated comments. I am not here to pick up a fight, after all I am just drawing comics for humor and entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom