What's new

My first visit to Japan and i fell in love with a complete stranger

thatdach

後輩
27 May 2015
It was my first time visiting japan, on my last day i had to go to the willer express terminal in umeda sky building, osaka so i can go back to nagoya. While waiting inside the lobby i saw the most beautiful japanese girl ever, she was wearing a black uniform, the same uniform other girls were wearing on that lobby, i dont know if she's an employee or a student (i think we both have the same age i'm 23). We boarded the same bus, but i couldnt talk to her, first i dont know how to speak japanese, second im a very shy person who never had a girlfriend. So for the entire bus ride i was just staring at her. Now I'm back to my own country i still cant stop thinking about that girl. i wish i could see her again, but i know it's a bit impossible since i know nothing about her. i really wish someone can help me right now.

I was thinking more of the movie City Slickers, where Jack Palance talks to Billy Crystal about a beautiful woman he once saw as he rode past.
"Why didn't you stop to talk to her?" Crystal says, incredulously. "She could have been the love of your life."

"She is the love of my life," Palance replies.

It could be worse. I saw the girl of my dreams and chased her hard and caught her. I lived with her a year and a half, madly in love and planning on marriage. I returned to the states to get a job and a place for us to live happily ever after. She decided at the last minute to not leave Japan and I thought I would die.
You do get over it and move on , just takes time.

It could be worse. I saw the girl of my dreams and chased her hard and caught her. I lived with her a year and a half, madly in love and planning on marriage. I returned to the states to get a job and a place for us to live happily ever after. She decided at the last minute to not leave Japan and I thought I would die.
You do get over it and move on , just takes time.

at least you tried, now you dont have to answer what if's, i guess i just wasn't meant to be

You know nothing about that girl except that she looks good. Sorry mate, it's not love, it's desire. Hormones can be treacherous. Tell yourself that you might regret knowing her if you did. I once went out for a time with girl completely mental just because of her looks. It doesn't usually work long, trust my experience.
You'll find another and next time don't forget that you only get one chance and if you don't take it you're bound to live with regrets.

You know nothing about that girl except that she looks good. Sorry mate, it's not love, it's desire. Hormones can be treacherous. Tell yourself that you might regret knowing her if you did. I once went out for a time with girl completely mental just because of her looks. It doesn't usually work long, trust my experience.
You'll find another and next time don't forget that you only get one chance and if you don't take it you're bound to live with regrets.
well, it's not just her appearance, there's something about her kinda hard to explain , but it was not just her appearance, she doesnt look like the jock/model type, i felt like if we talked we could have gotten along...

well, it's not just her appearance, there's something about her kinda hard to explain , but it was not just her appearance, she doesnt look like the jock/model type, i felt like if we talked we could have gotten along...

You created all of that in your mind by looking at her. Trust me, the best thing you can do is to stop preconceiving a personality because it's rarely accurate. All you know about her is what she looked like, everything else is what you projected onto her from your hopes and expectations.

You haven't seen her without makeup; how do you know she's actually beautiful? Given the right clothes, makeup and hair style, even a man can look like a pretty woman.

You didn't talk to her and have only observed her during one bus ride, in uniform instead of clothes that she chose herself; how can you judge her personality?

Finally, you don't even know if she's even still available...

Last edited:
Ships that pass in the night. Fleeting but no flirting. Enjoy your memories and don't let the experience sour you on women or Japan.

Given the fact that she was wearing a uniform, chances are that she's a regular shuttler. So if you remember what time you took that bus that Monday and you go back to Japan quickly enough (i.e. before she graduates/changes jobs, which can sometimes leave you two months or 10 years), you might want to spend some hours at the bus stop. If she wasn't simply on a trip with her business acquaintances, chances are actually quite big that you can meet her again there.

Just don't don't tell her that you took a plane and waited for 4 hours under a pouring rain just so that you had a chance to meet her :D
Sometimes guys who never had a girlfriend can be very passionate, but remember that it's extremely likely to frighten her away if she notices it :D

There's lots of girls in Japan... Lots in the world, actually... The next time you see a cute one say 'Hi!' If she tells you to piss off, try with the next one.

It's actually a good thing when they reject you. It means you learned that she's not the type of girl interested in getting to know someone before deciding if she likes them. You don't want a girl like that, they're superficial and not worth your time.

Good luck, have fun!!

Given the fact that she was wearing a uniform, chances are that she's a regular shuttler. So if you remember what time you took that bus that Monday and you go back to Japan quickly enough (i.e. before she graduates/changes jobs, which can sometimes leave you two months or 10 years), you might want to spend some hours at the bus stop. If she wasn't simply on a trip with her business acquaintances, chances are actually quite big that you can meet her again there.

Just don't don't tell her that you took a plane and waited for 4 hours under a pouring rain just so that you had a chance to meet her :D
Sometimes guys who never had a girlfriend can be very passionate, but remember that it's extremely likely to frighten her away if she notices it :D

I think she's still a student..anyway thanks for the advice!

There's lots of girls in Japan... Lots in the world, actually... The next time you see a cute one say 'Hi!' If she tells you to piss off, try with the next one.

It's actually a good thing when they reject you. It means you learned that she's not the type of girl interested in getting to know someone before deciding if she likes them. You don't want a girl like that, they're superficial and not worth your time.

Good luck, have fun!!
yeah gotta work on my self esteem to be able to say hi to girls, thanks for the advice!

Like most on this thread have already said, learn from it and take the bull by the horns (so to speak) next time round. A hundred knock backs may eventually result in the one that is as intrigued as you, and that's when it'll be worth your thoughts and efforts! Best of luck to you!

Like most on this thread have already said, learn from it and take the bull by the horns (so to speak) next time round. A hundred knock backs may eventually result in the one that is as intrigued as you, and that's when it'll be worth your thoughts and efforts! Best of luck to you!
yup, thanks!

This question "Do you believe in love at first sight" has been around for a long time.

i laughed when i read your post because the same thing kinda of happen to me when i was in Japan in 2012. she was a very cute, all natural looking girl, black long hair with very light makeup. she work at one of the JR Station, i'm not going to say which one. every morning i would catch the 1st or 2nd early morning train leaving the station like 6am. we started talking a little then more and more after she saw me enough. when she saw in line, she would try to help the customer in front of her fast.so she can ring me up. one day she had this customer taking forever, right after she finish with them i was called to another person and she from what i seen, she looked sad and i looked at her to say hi.

anyhow to make a long story short, one morning was going to hiroshima and she said, "your going to hiroshima, i never been to hiroshima." in my head i asked her "on your next day off, we should go visit hiroshima, " would you like to come with me," but in real life i didn't say anything. i was too shy to ask. and till this day i still kick myself for not asking her and since than when i'm traveling and i meet people that cool and i get to know, i ask them to travel with me for the day or out to eat.... by the way, i would have paid for her train ticket to come with me.

@Uncle Frank, sad story, sorry to hear.

This question "Do you believe in love at first sight" has been around for a long time.

i laughed when i read your post because the same thing kinda of happen to me when i was in Japan in 2012. she was a very cute, all natural looking girl, black long hair with very light makeup. she work at one of the JR Station, i'm not going to say which one. every morning i would catch the 1st or 2nd early morning train leaving the station like 6am. we started talking a little then more and more after she saw me enough. when she saw in line, she would try to help the customer in front of her fast.so she can ring me up. one day she had this customer taking forever, right after she finish with them i was called to another person and she from what i seen, she looked sad and i looked at her to say hi.

anyhow to make a long story short, one morning was going to hiroshima and she said, "your going to hiroshima, i never been to hiroshima." in my head i asked her "on your next day off, we should go visit hiroshima, " would you like to come with me," but in real life i didn't say anything. i was too shy to ask. and till this day i still kick myself for not asking her and since than when i'm traveling and i meet people that cool and i get to know, i ask them to travel with me for the day or out to eat.... by the way, i would have paid for her train ticket to come with me.

@Uncle Frank, sad story, sorry to hear.
Yeah i feel you up until today i still kick myself for not even saying hi

Back
Top Bottom