What's new

Stamps

Sporkk

Registered
2 Mar 2015
These stamps were given to me 14 years ago when I was in japan. They were hand carved in stones. I have since lost the translation of them. I am also unsure if they are facing the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
IMG_0691.jpg

Is your name Andrew by any chance?

I think the one on the right reads:
安 an
土 do
龍 ryuu

安土 these characters together can be read as azuchi, which is the mound which targets are placed on in Kyudo - Japanese archery.
Any connection there?

龍 means `dragon`

安 normally means `cheap`

土 normally means `earth`

Can`t figure out the one on the left.

Last edited:
Merge one on the left may be the same thing in a different style.

Well, here I am reviving an old thread. Forgot all about posting this but am still interested in the translation. Yes my first name is Andrew. The stamp on the left would be my last name which is Lowrie, if that helps at all. Thanks.

As Mike-san already wrote and I agreed with it, the left stamp is also 安土龍 as same as the right one.

He'll come back three years from now and check for answers.

He'll come back three years from now and check for answers.

To be fair: I attribute his return to our new weekly newsletter which we have started to send out to inactive members in the beginning of January. It's proven quite successful so far.

To be fair: I attribute his return to our new weekly newsletter which we have started to send out to inactive members in the beginning of January. It's proven quite successful so far.

Can you work the same magic on the countless others who ask questions and then get distracted and go off chasing squirrels or something and never come back to check for answers?

Can you work the same magic on the countless others who ask questions and then get distracted and go off chasing squirrels or something and never come back to check for answers?

I have been fantasizing about telepatic forum plug-ins and e-collars for abusive users, but I'm afraid that for the time being we have to put our hopes on the newsletter. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back
Top Bottom