What's new

work&travel questions

KamilB

後輩
30 Jun 2015
Hi there, I just want to ask about chances to get job in Japan (not exactly in Tokio) other then IT or ALT. I have friend in Kanagawa prefecture where I'm hoping to start, I can do some maintaining stuff and have plumbing skills. What you think about it ?
PS sorry for mistakes, I'm new here

Please do not double post, I have closed your duplicate thread.

Also, I suggest you take your time and read through the practical section here at the forum. If you have any specific questions, post them.

I see you are from Poland. Beginning earlier this year, there its a Working Holiday Visa between Japan and Poland. Check the details to learn if you are eligible.

Yeah I've checked the details, to this point all conditions fits me, I think. Embassy start to gather the applications from13th July.

I figured as much. If someone came to your country and could only speak basic Polish with non skill in writing and reading, what chances do you think they'd have of landing a job like yours?

I figured as much. If someone came to your country and could only speak basic Polish with non skill in writing and reading, what chances do you think they'd have of landing a job like yours?
it's different here, most people in Poland especially young, can speak English, German and French. I'll try to catch the language as more as I can. If I can ask you, how much time you need to learn Japanese in N1 I quess?

Try to imagine the situation if the only language available was Polish. Then you'll see the situation here.

If you're starting out as a beginner, getting to N1 will take several years of hard work. Most businesses seem to require N2 as a minimum (see Career Cross site advertisements as an example). Learning a new language is never simple, and when you have to deal with Japanese, you're facing a totally new alphabet, one that can't be viewed and sounded out phonetically because the letters are so different. Plus, as you probably know, Japanese has several levels of politeness, which means using different words and grammar.

Try to imagine the situation if the only language available was Polish. Then you'll see the situation here.

If you're starting out as a beginner, getting to N1 will take several years of hard work. Most businesses seem to require N2 as a minimum (see Career Cross site advertisements as an example). Learning a new language is never simple, and when you have to deal with Japanese, you're facing a totally new alphabet, one that can't be viewed and sounded out phonetically because the letters are so different. Plus, as you probably know, Japanese has several levels of politeness, which means using different words and grammar.
Of course I get your point. What do you suggest to do ?

Set a goal, perhaps monthly, perhaps annually, whatever. Study on a tight regular basis at least 30 minutes a day on average.
Meanwhile, look for internships here that might bring you into the country for experience, something that will look good on a resume later.
Visit the country if you haven't already. What people imagine can often be totally different from reality.

Back
Top Bottom