What's new

Best ways to communicate/ find Japanese fluent professionals?

CatBeacham

Registered
15 Oct 2015
I am wondering where is best to find Japanese proficient professionals as I have been given the challnging task of finding Surveyors, Cost Engineers, Planning Engineers, Estimating Engineers, Commercial Engineers for a Construction consultancy as well as finding numrous staff such as Brokers and Analysts for a Real Estate Advisory both companies are situated in Japan. I know it may not be the right type of post for this baord but I really would appreciate any pointers or even some help in tranlslating? (I have always attempted and been terrible with languages :( )
Thank you in advance for any help

Are you looking for Japanese professionals, Japanese professionals who speak English, foreign professionals who speak Japanese, or what?

LinkedIn might be useful. I had someone from a consulting company contact me there not that long ago and I directed them to a professional who could give them the information they needed, but my contact speaks minimal English so they needed an interpreter.

Honestly, if this is a for profit venture, I would *HIGHLY* recommend not getting random strangers on a message board to do any translating or interpreting, and instead paying professionals to do it. Not because the translation is more likely to be wrong (I have no idea), but because if it is:

a) There's no recourse in case of errors.

b) You'll look like a moron to your boss for having entrusted such an important task to random strangers ("But WonkoTheSane *seemed* like a trustworthy source!" is probably not going to fly...).

c) The information you need translated or interpreted is probably at least somewhat sensitive.

I've have found a few through linkedin! I just wanted to get some opinions from others who may know of other sights that may come up with some different idea's. Initial information is never sensitive (For that reason) but i truly appreciate your honest and guarded answer to my question.

You're looking for Japanese proficient professionals for work in Japan? Or you're looking for them on behalf of a Japan company to work in England?

A British company that are working in Japan are looking for Quantity Surveyors, Cost Engineers, Planning Engineers, Estimating Engineers and Comercial Engieners for build projects. Also, an American company who is also working in Japan are searching for Analysts, Brokers, Project Managers etc. for real estate. All of them need to have Japanese Proficiency (Though having the English is a big help with the multi national teams in place)

Back
Top Bottom