What's new

Can you please help me with translating?

VictorNL

Registered
5 Apr 2018
Hey!
I bought a necklace a while ago and it has some sort of text on the back and I was wondering what it said. Can you please help me?

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_152901.jpg
    IMG_20180405_152901.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 189
The picture is rotated 90 degrees to the left.

調査兵団
Chōsa Heidan
Survey Corps

Is it something to do with a manga/anime 進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin Attack on Titan ? Anyway, the characters used there are simplified Chinese, not Japanese, so I suspect it's not an authorized item.

The picture is rotated 90 degrees to the left.

調査兵団
Chōsa Heidan
Survey Corps

Is it something to do with a manga/anime 進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin Attack on Titan ? Anyway, the characters used there are simplified Chinese, not Japanese, so I suspect it's not an authorized item.
Thanks for your help! It indeed has something to do with attack on titan, this is a -flügel der freiheit- necklace. Thats the symbol of the survey corps but you probably knew that. But those characters are used in Japanese too, right? Kanji or something. I'm probably wrong but I thought these were kanji. Anyway, thanks a lot!

The writing systems in Japan and China are both based on a set of characters which originated in China. However, over time the characters used in Japan and those used in China have diverged from each other. In many cases, there are only small differences, but sometimes the differences are large. In the case of your necklace, three of the four characters have features that are unique to the characters used in mainland China, making them different from the equivalent characters used in Japan. The item is probably a knockoff.

Back
Top Bottom