What's new

Favourite Japanese movie

I saw "Twilight Samurai" (Tasogare Seibei) the other day.
It was great! The film has integrity and beauty. Not a single scene was wasted.
It had a very good review on news paper in Australia. 👍

japanese movies

they obscure ones, maybe some information on them

anybody like this ?

This one , i have never heard of
All About Lily Chou-Chou
(2001, Riri Shushu no subete
Directed by
Shunji Iwai)

My favorite Japanese movies are:
1- Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (A masterpiece)
2- A Scene at the Sea
3- The Summer of Kikujiro (Kikujiro no Natsu)
4- Chicken Heart
and also I love Shogun since my childhood. But it is really hard to find specific DVDs of Japanese movies here in Turkey so the ones I wrote above are pirated DivXs which I have :( I am sorry.

[Off topic ps: please do not offer me to order from Amazon or etc. because I need Turkish subtitled DVDs = region 2 :.( ]

Hey Daft, do you remember the scene in Versus when the crazy guy slaps the living crap out of the short dude with the endless supply of guns? That scene was hilarious! Speaking of guys, did you notice that the last gun the scaredy cat guy pulled out had a price tag on it?

In addtion to Versus, I adore Princess Blade and So Close.

Not to change the subject guys, but Anchyyy, did you create that signiture yourself or did you qoute it from someone else. :? It is quite beautiful. 😌

Endsight61 said:
Not to change the subject guys, but Anchyyy, did you create that signiture yourself or did you qoute it from someone else. :? It is quite beautiful. 😌

No it is the part of the song Endless rain from X japan. It was japanese rock band. Strongly recommended to listen to their music. They have beautiful ballads. 😊 😊

Dead or Alive
Ichi The killer
Fudoh The Next Generation
The Hidden Fortress
Throne of Blood
Zatoichi
Audition
SharkSkin Man and Peachhip Girl
HIgh and Low
Seven Samurai
Battle Royale

Personally yawned through JU-On nothing scary about a long haired girl crawling down the stairs...sorry guys.
Rungu didn;t do it for me either.
The Ring was ok, but neither version had me jumping out of my skin....all were ok at best.

Off topic a little, I loved the Korean movie, Tale of Two Sisters, at least there were some scary moments in it and the DTS is sweet.

Lots to choose from out there.... :)

Some of my favorite Japanese movies

I probably forgot many titles....

*Features films

HUMAN CONDITION
HARA-KIRI
FEMALE CONVICT SCORPION
LADY SNOWBLOOD
ONIBABA
7 SAMURAIS
HIGH AND LOW
YOJIMBO
SANJURO
RED HANDCUFFS
TOKYO FIST
TAMPOPO
MIMBO NO ONNA
BLIND BEAST
GATE OF FLESH
BRANDED TO KILL
PALE FLOWER
DRIVE
HANA-BI
BLESING BELL
THE GEISHA HOUSE
SAMURAI (MIYAMOTO MUSASHI)
FIRES ON THE PLAIN
TENCHU (HITOKIRI)

*Animation

QUEEN MILLENIA
NASU SUMMER IN ANDALUSIA
TOKYO GODFATHER
AKIRA

*V-Cinema

QUEEN BEE HONEY
L.E.G.S (LADY EXECUTIONER FOR GENERAL SECURITY)
PINK SHADOW

hmmmm.... these are my favorites : D
well not really into horror, i'm more into drama and comedy :p
Swing Girls
Kamekaze Girls
Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru (Just, Loving You)

Death Note and NANA!I ,love both of them,different and unique!
But the horror movies are starting to get a little stereotype..lame..

I don't like TV series called "soap opera", horrors in my opinion is somethink worst in the world, but I love films like 7 samurai, Ran, Roshomon, Zatoichi, Twightlight samurai👍👍, and some comedies like Kelly's heroes, 1941, Blues Brothers, Taxi:D,😆👍:mad: and some others...

I like Battle Royale too!! :)

I also like 'Ima, ai ni yukimasu' it's so sad and sweet T_T....:( and will definitely make you cry. ;p. I heard they're making an american version of it....

I don't like Japanese horrors, because I'm afraid. Really xDD
I like Japanese dramas, action movies, samurai movies (esp. Kurosawa movies).

So far one of my favourite Japanese movies is called Gozu. It was recommended to me by a fellow member named Yukio Michael. It was a strange, quirky, almost David Lynch's Mulholland Drive-type movie. Alot of surrealism. I was quite entertained.

I love J-horror! Asian horror are my favorite movies. Here are some of my favorite J horror movies, in no particular order:

1. Ringu series
2. Ju-On series
3. Dark Water
4. Noroi
5. テ播ishon

There are many more, South-Korean horror movies are also very good.

well i kinda liked moon child but i think my most favorite in the anime genre would be princess mononoke but in like real life kind i would prolly say battle royale even if it was a tad gory.... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom