GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
ばいばい

よいいちにちを!
元気でね!お世話になりました
さやおなら

Last edited:
Now don't take this the wrong way, but maybe the reason why your thread got deleted the first time around is because you constantly keep making threads ranting about your Japanese. If you're going to rant, rant in rant thread and stop making new threads.

Doc :)

GoldCoinLover said:
How was i ranting?
First of all, ogenki desuka? is usually used on people you already know (and not much in person anyway, more over the phone & mail) or they could have laughed realizing you wouldn't understand the answer, so why bother ?

Don't try it again on the same people :p, but next time you want to try introducing yourself, my advice is to slow down and allow them to become comfortable with you. After all, would you go up to a stranger in English and ask how they were doing ? Tell them first something about yourself -- you are interested in studying Japanese, not very good, your name and "hajimemashite douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu" (if the other party reciprocates and introduce themselves) etc.

Not sure what happened to the other thread but I doubt very seriously it was due to a "rant." There are much more violant outbursts across multiple threads by the same posters than yours must have been....

If i had any administrative power i would delete all your threads seeing as you constantly put language based issues on this particular section and not on the appropriate one. And frankly i'm tired of having to read your catologue of you running up and being extremely rude to people you dont know at all because you think they are japanese.

I agree with Duo. Look GCL, if you want stuff translated or want your questions answered about the Japanese language, then post your questions in the "LANGUAGE" section of the forum. Futhermore, stop whining over the fact that people ignore you when you try to test out your Japanese. If you wouldn't act so rude by walking up to random people just to test out your language skills, you wouldn't be in the problem that you're in. Therefore, the bottom line is to stop whining, stop being rude, and post all your stuff about the Japanese language in the appropriate section of the forum. That is all.

Doc 🙂

Doc said:
I agree with Duo. Look GCL, if you want stuff translated or want your questions answered about the Japanese language, then post your questions in the "LANGUAGE" section of the forum. Futhermore, stop whining over the fact that people ignore you when you try to test out your Japanese. If you wouldn't act so rude by walking up to random people just to test out your language skills, you wouldn't be in the problem that you're in. Therefore, the bottom line is to stop whining, stop being rude, and post all your stuff about the Japanese language in the appropriate section of the forum. That is all.

Doc 🙂

Actually, I do, if you were to ever read the thread. The reason I posted this here is because I didnt think it belonged there, I actually was thinking of posting it there. I'm glad your not an admin, you're quite the asshat.

I wasn't being rude. It may have been rude if your chinese, etc, but that is just my way. I'm very social, and very polite when i speak to people. In fact, if you were to read my other threads, I actually did this before and got useful practice in japanese and even got the persons business card. It was a great experience. And, perhaps I'll introduce myself next time (Thanks Elizabeth) as I didn't know that about the 'how are you phrase.'.

But it was quite kind. And I wasnt being rude. They probably were not japanese, anyway.

Duo said:
If i had any administrative power i would delete all your threads seeing as you constantly put language based issues on this particular section and not on the appropriate one. And frankly i'm tired of having to read your catologue of you running up and being extremely rude to people you dont know at all because you think they are japanese.

Delete them? Heck, I'll probably get banned. You know, I don't care anymore. You should appreciate how long my posts are (I work hard on them) You know, sometimes I do go off the deep end, ranting sometimes. But honestly, I'm right alot of times too. There are way to many people doubting me on these forums. Many people dont have the passion to learn the language, since it is so hard, I do.

There are alot of good people here, don't get me wrong, but with people like you, the person after you, etc, it doesn't make this forum any fun. Especially your cheerful sarcasm.

Yes, it may be rude that I think they are japanese, of course, I realize this. But how am I supposed to know? Seriously. I did my best to guess by the way they were speaking.

I made careful considerable to where I put this thread. I didn't think it belonged in the japanese learning thread, why? I didn't really ask any language questions, it was more of an experience. I asked a simple question, one person managed to answer me, the rest, flame me. Yeah, this is a wonderful forum.

You wanna play fire with fire?

And quite frankly, im getting tired of reading your posts.

honestly, im getting very sick and tired of this forum. When I threaten to leave, some people (the few people that care) tell me not to leave, well, many more people want me to. And I don't deserve to be harassed, insulted, etc, most of the time. Here's a question for you:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO READ MY POSTS, THEN WHY DO YOU READ THEM, OR HECK, WHY DO YOU CLICK ON THEM?

GoldCoinLover said:
Many people dont have the passion to learn the language, since it is so hard, I do.

I see you say this one a million times. People critique the way you do things and try to guide you. That doesn't mean that they don't have the passion to learn or don't think you do. Besides that, I agree with what someone said in the past about you needing to change your attitude about the japanese language. Yeah, it's hard but if you work at it, it's easy. That's just like anything. It will stay just as hard as it always has been if you don't put in the effort. Was the hajimemashite... thing not even familiar? It should be by now. I'll even say you don't need to know it really well but it should at least be familiar or you should learn more first.

GoldCoinLover said:
honestly, im getting very sick and tired of this forum. When I threaten to leave, some people (the few people that care) tell me not to leave, well, many more people want me to. And I don't deserve to be harassed, insulted, etc, most of the time. Here's a question for you:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO READ MY POSTS, THEN WHY DO YOU READ THEM, OR HECK, WHY DO YOU CLICK ON THEM?

If people don't like your posts, that doesn't mean they want you to leave. It just means you need to change your approach. You can't expect to come in all the time with a new problem-of-the-week and have it answered unless you keep it all in one thread. Just keep it in one thread or stop posting as many threads and study more before posting.

I remember you said recently that you didn't have a kana chart and so you couldn't post something in kana. If you are trying to do what you are, you should already know kana. I've always thought that the number one priority in learning japanese was learning kana since that's what stopped me from studying more at first. Once I learned it I got excited again.

That's the main point I want to get across. You need to look for answers elsewhere before posting. Maybe people don't understand you because you don't understand yourself. Instead of copying from dictionaries or whatever your method is, pick some words to keep in long-term memory. Really know what you're doing, at least a little.

Back
Top Bottom