What's new

fonfon

後輩
11 Oct 2015
Hello everyone! I am a highschool student from Greece. This is my graduation year! Now here is my dilemma! In Greece when you graduate you take an examination for university selection, which is an extremely difficult examination!😡 As everyone here(in Greece I mean) I am studying hard for this examination given that I want to get in a good university, so i don't have a lot of free time! On the other side I want to take the exams for the mext scholarship this year! So...should I focus on the national exams, get in a good university and then apply for the scholarship next year or should I focus on the scholarship which is more uncertain and difficult! If I focus on the national I feel like it will be too late for the scholarship next year but If I focus on the scholarship I am afraid that I wont be selected and a year will go wasted! I have considered of taking both exams but I feel like I am going off my league and will end up failing them both! Please tell me what you think! Thank you! :)

Hello Fonfon,
My advice would be: don't be in a rush to come to Japan. Concentrate first on getting into university in Greece, then come to Japan as an exchange student later, or come on the work holiday program if your country has such a visa exchange with Japan. If you get into a good university in Greece, it will be a benefit for you the rest of your life. Coming to Japan might be a life-changing event for you, but it doesn't need to be a life-changing event this year. It can happen later.,,,Japan is not evaporating, so it will still be here next year and the year after that, etc...

Hello Fonfon,
My advice would be: don't be in a rush to come to Japan. Concentrate first on getting into university in Greece, then come to Japan as an exchange student later, or come on the work holiday program if your country has such a visa exchange with Japan. If you get into a good university in Greece, it will be a benefit for you the rest of your life. Coming to Japan might be a life-changing event for you, but it doesn't need to be a life-changing event this year. It can happen later.,,,Japan is not evaporating, so it will still be here next year and the year after that, etc...
I see your point. Thank you!

Well, the undergraduate programme is definitely a unique chance to experience Japan, as a university student which means you will get to spend 4-5 best years (I assume and hope) of your life in the country. Not only you will be highly benefited by the whole expirience, but you will also master your japanese, considering you will be attending a japanese university, and in the end you will end up with degree from a japanese university! The only reason that I am getting a bit worried is because there is an age limit in order to be eligible(17-23 I think). However it sure is a major decision one has to make to leave his country and seek his future in an other, and no matter how hard he tries nothing is for certain! Time will tell I guess, but time alone is not enough!

uh, so...?
Well I have read that japanese universities are among the best in a world scale! Furthermore attending one may give you the perfect chance of getting a job there(japan) which is something that interests me! Plus Japan is a famous country for prosperity and quality! What do you think?

Not only you will be highly benefited by the whole expirience, but you will also master your japanese, considering you will be attending a japanese university, and in the end you will end up with degree from a japanese university!

If you're planning on taking an undergraduate course, don't you already have to be fluent in Japanese? Have you considered this...?

Anyway, at least where I'm from (the UK) it's not uncommon to take one year off studying to travel or work before starting university, I don't think you should rule that idea out completely. It doesn't have to be "wasted".

I think you should prioritize getting into the University first rather than the scholarship. It's a rough spot to be in, but you won't need the scholarship if you don't get in. Provided I understood all that correctly.

Japan sounds like a great place and frankly I wish I could have gone as a student and I think that's a great choice for you. I also agree when you say Japan's degrees are an achievement. I figure they are hard to get but I don't know how the rest of the world views it.

All the same good luck and good on ya for attending Uni, it's a great laugh among other things.

I think you should prioritize getting into the University first rather than the scholarship. It's a rough spot to be in, but you won't need the scholarship if you don't get in. Provided I understood all that correctly.

Japan sounds like a great place and frankly I wish I could have gone as a student and I think that's a great choice for you. I also agree when you say Japan's degrees are an achievement. I figure they are hard to get but I don't know how the rest of the world views it.

All the same good luck and good on ya for attending Uni, it's a great laugh among other things.
Thank a lot! :D Good luck on whatever you do too!

If you're planning on taking an undergraduate course, don't you already have to be fluent in Japanese? Have you considered this...?

Anyway, at least where I'm from (the UK) it's not uncommon to take one year off studying to travel or work before starting university, I don't think you should rule that idea out completely. It doesn't have to be "wasted".
The undergraduate course includes one year language lessons therefore I believe that even if you arent fluent already you still got time to become :D I guess you are right about the one year ''wasted''. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom