What's new

Hikaru Utada

Vegas Baby !!!!!

I am really looking forward to seeing her in concert live, to tell you the truth I didn't think I would ever see her live without going to Japan to one of her concerts. Her American tour is almost sold out, I am really happy for her and happy she has the fans here in the states to sell out her venues....

Getting Worried

I'm getting a little worried that her Vegas concert is not sold out yet, I hope it sells out because I don't know if they will cancel it if it doesn't sell out. Keeping my fingers crossed....:?

Let it Snow

I don't think you need to worry, Dell. She'll put on a show for you. Well, not just for you, but you know...

Anyway, she recently made a surprise appearance at a club in Tokyo, and did this Christmassy song. Her current R&B styling is pretty evident.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like she is having fun, is this a club that celebrities usually visit or has she shown up like this before? I don't know who this guy is, is he from Japan? I hope the Vegas concert sells out soon, this will probably be my only chance to see her live. the tickets I bought are so close to the stage that she could ask me to go on stage and sing a few of her songs with her.....ok, ok....I dreaming...hey it could happen!!!!....lol

I've been watching videos of her recent tour. Does anyone else think her voice sounds strained? I was really excited about her coming to the US with a tour, but I haven't really been all that impressed with her singing lately. I hope she's doing alright.

Tasida, I saw her in Vegas in January and her voice didn't sound very good. She looked very nervous and her voice sounded a little shaky like she was very nervous, I think the concert lacked the same excitement as her concerts in Japan. I have also noticed that when she is interviewed in the states she looks and sounds very nervous, the band members looked like they had very little experience and weren't very exciting to look at. I really thought I was going to see the same Hikki that I see in her concerts from Japan and her videos on You Tube but it just didn't feel like she was enjoying her self.

Well that's my review of her Vegas concert....don't get me wrong, I still love to hear and see her videos and I still think she has the most beautiful voice in the business but the Vegas concert could have been better.

I would love to see her in concert in Japan, I'm a little jealouse of people in Japan that get to see her in those huge out door concerts with a big band and excellent dancers like in her Bohemian concert in 2000.

All this said but I still think she is the most awesome female JPop singer around and I will always support her by buying all her Cd's......

Thanks for review, Dell. I was waiting for it. Sorry to hear your disappointment.

Maybe we'll soon get, concert videos in 3d and it'll be almost as if you're there, especially on a 40 inch screen.

Dogen Z, how are u buddy?
I hope I didn't come across as a big disappointment, I saw her in person and that was a chance of a life time for me, would I like to see her again? ABSOLUTELY !!!!! But my ultimate high would be to see her in Japan! whoooooohoooo!!!!!!!
I was just expecting it to be as exciting and awesome as the ones she does in Japan. I don't know how popular house parties are in Japan, like birthday parties with a lot of friends and family but here in the states it is a very big tradition, every time I have a party my guest get the pleasure of seeing my all time favorite Hikki concert which is her Bohemiam 2000 concert. Everyone always comments on what a beautiful voice she has and everyone loves her 2000 concert, as a matter of fact I get request to play it....my 65" tv is perfect to view that concert.
One thing I refuse to do is make a illegal copy of her DVD's or CD's, people think I'm weird because everyone does it now a days but I will not do that to Hikki...friends and family have actually bought her CD's and DVD's and that's how I will continue to support her.

I expect her camp is working on a DVD of her American tour, has anyone heard anything in Japan? I don't know where she will release it first....

I expect her camp is working on a DVD of her American tour, has anyone heard anything in Japan? I don't know where she will release it first....

I haven't seen anything relating to Hikki in Tokyo, lately. Most recently, companies are heavily promoting pretty singers who look far better than they sound - Yui, Akiko, and Nishino Nana.

Utada isn't considered to be pretty in Japan? I think she's very pretty....here in the states once a artist gets to be a mega artist they don't really market themselves like when they were unknown, I don't know if it's the same in Japan.

Utada isn't considered to be pretty in Japan? I think she's very pretty....here in the states once a artist gets to be a mega artist they don't really market themselves like when they were unknown, I don't know if it's the same in Japan.

Utada is not skinny enough for the Japanese audience, I think that's one of the main reasons. Her best time was probably in the beginning when she was still you:

[youtube]lMog09H0edY&feature=related[/youtube]

For the onces that haven't heard the news yet, Utada decided to take a break from singing. It might be good for here I think, and hope the she will come out strong.
Singer Hikaru Utada to Go on Indefinite Break in 2011

Singer-songwriter Hikaru Utada has announced on her web diary on Monday that she will go on an indefinite hiatus from her musical career starting next year. Before she takes time off, she will release her Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol. 2 album this fall. This will be her first "best-of" album in six and half years, and it will include her recent songs such as "Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro," "Be My Last," and "Beautiful World," as well as new material.

read the whole article

It doesn't seem right that she is looked as not thin enough, she looks very nice to people here in the states. I guess different standards for different country's....I think she looks awesome!
Any rumors about why she is taking time off? I don't know why but I smell a secret wedding and we won't hear about it until after it happens.
With Japan not been a very big country are there times when she is spotted in the streets of Tokyo or any other city or does she pretty much stay away from the public?

So sad...

I hope she will return as soon as possible!
I never have the chance to see her in one of her concert.
I hope she will be back and see her finally in Japan!
My favorite song: First love.
So pure and beautiful... ahhhhhh

Hymne a l'amour

Hikky's got a new hit single, Hymne a L'amour. It's the top song downloaded from itunes japan. She has a hot new look, too. 👍

And don't forget her Nex concert (pun intended) at Yokohama Arena, just about 30 min. by train from Tokyo, on December 8 & 9, 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too into what has been happening, but I would guess that one reason for her break is that her two US albums haven't been quite the success she may have been hoping for. When you push your creativity that much and have it return nothing, it takes it's toll emotionally and mentally.

Anyone hear anything new?

I don't know if anyone is still posting or following this thread, but I'm working on a paper for school about Utada Hikaru and wanted to know if people could answer the following questions.

How did you first find out about her and her music?
Why do you like or dislike her?
What is your favorite song and why?

Thank you,
jpopnkpoplover

I haven't followed her career but it seems she's still around and has decided she's not a she but came out as a "they" in 2021. And new album coming out with a Japan tour this year. I plan to give it a listen and catch up on the last 25 years of their music.

The non-binary singer's distinctive voice and evolving sound has captivated audiences across the world for over 25 years, since the release of First love, back in 1998. Their most recent album, Bad Mode, received rave reviews from outlets such as Pitchfork and even made Tokyo Weekender's own "Best Albums Released in 2022" year-end list. Including collaborations from producers ranging from EDM's Skrillex and PC Music's A.G. Cook to Floating Points, the album was an embrace of popular music from one of its veterans.

Science Fiction is a greatest hits compilation album, celebrating Utada's 25th anniversary in the industry, although technically it has been 26 years.

Utada's newest offering boasts 26 tracks. There is one new song, plus 11 re-records or exclusive mixes. It features some of her most famous tracks, including "First Love" (2022 mix), "Automatic" (2024 mix) and "Addicted to You" (re-record). The new album is slated for release on April 10, 2024, and the CD is currently available for pre-order.

1705336975907.png

Back
Top Bottom